Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GSC Releases our New S1 Cams for the Evo 9 Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know, I have never purchased a part from David Buschur (I live in PR), but everytime I send him an email regarding any questions of my car, he is always helpful and answers every question I can possibly imagine. So for me his customer service is top notch, but I can talk about poor Customer Service here from other vendors....

Hope this gets resolved, all everyone wants is to make more power
Old Jan 9, 2007, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
My facts were provided. I went in and deleted all I typed. Don't need to be banned and that's where this is going. Please, call GSC and buy their cams if you aren't one of our customers.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04WWRS
You must be kidding. He is a great businessman. Just look at how many different versions of 20g's he keeps getting the same people to buy over and over. Soon as sales slow on one presto here's the new improved version.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kiley_sean
So that's how it works? Bash until you get warned?

That's what we call SEAGULL bashing (*with Buschur option):

Flies in....makes a lot of noise....takes a crap on everything.. **Deletes everything**....then flies off.

This is a GSC S1 cam thread. What you have been running your sqawker about is NON-GSC S1 related... and you knew that.

You could have:
- made a seperate thread w/ accusations
- posted in the GSC 280 cam thread
- Had the customer come forth

Nope...you chose the last option:

- Bash GSC in their new product thread...a product that hasn't even hit the streets yet.

Classy
+100000

stole the words out of my mouth
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:34 AM
Former Sponsor

I am not going to spend the time, nor the energy to get into a fight with DB. He is not ethical and if he would just leave me alone i would return the favor.. I don’t like him and he obviously stated he doesn’t like us so that is the end of the story.

For a little clarity on the accusations of loosing 90whp on a 280/280 mivec cam set, it isn’t even true. Now that I know what he was trying to talk about the cams that AMS tested on a 37 car was infact ground incorrectly. The turbo spooled 1k rpms later with the cams. They had several sets there and one or 2 of there customers "might" have gotten them. They requested them to be returned to them, just so the world knows the car did not loose 90whp. it actually gained 12 peak whp.(not that that is impressive but it sure isn’t a 90whp loose by any means) it was below 4k rpms that there was a problem do to a incorrect centerline the batch of 10 intake cams were recovered so no need to cause a public stir and fill my already maxed inbox with questions regarding if a customers cams were part of that batch. We've recalled cams publicly before and if it was warranted we would do it again.

DB if you have a question about one of our products then by all means ask. I thought that was your intention with the first post you made, that is why i answered it nicely. If you’re goal is to try and belittler something we make or sell then just keep your comments to yourself.

BACK ON TOPIC.. We should see some S1 dyno info today or tomorrow from our release last week. so stay tuned!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Allright guys, this is a thread about GSC cams etc. Anyone posts another OT topic will get a timeout. I just cleaned up all the off topic posts. GSC if you need anything removed in this thread please feel free to pm me.

LC
Old Jan 9, 2007, 07:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really dont want any part of this thread but now that our name is being brought up I do want to tell our side of the story.

The cams DB is refering to were a set of 280 Cams for the EVO IX. The car Spooled about 1K later then it should and in that area on the graph it lost 90whp. It did gain peak power. Now obviously we would not let a customer put a a cam like that in their car and ship them out the door. I immedietly called Greg@GSC and told him of the issue. He then had me send all my 280 cams back. On sunday that following Weekend Greg called me and said the problem was found. The cams he had ground were not done to his cam card specifications. They were ground incorrectly

Since then Greg has paid a good sum of money in rectifying this and developing his S1 and S2 cams. I actually have a set (S1's) sitting next to my desk ready to test.

Those are the facts from our end of this debate. I would kindly ask AMS not be brought up in this matter any further.

Both DB and Greg@GSC are good friends of ours and I would hate for this little fued to continue. We are all better then this.

Eric
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I actually have a set (S1's) sitting next to my desk ready to test.
Ummmmmm, Hello, Eric, the world is waiting.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Alright, thanks GSC and thanks mostly to AMS for clearly this up. Eric, very very sorry you got drawn into this and I owe you a few beers, take me up on it.

My first post in this thread was a simple question asking if these were the cams that there was a problem with and that lost 90 whp. That's it, a simple question.

It was turned into me being called a liar and a crap starter and was denied by Greg at GSC. I was slammed by many of you for asking this question and accused of many things.

In the end I am still be called "not ethical" by Greg and basically a liar. Then as you read his paragraph it is confirmed what I asked was legitimate and actually was the truth. It is then confirmed by Eric (thank God) that what I asked was legit and was actually the truth.

I guess this makes me ethical after all and it is now quite simple. This did happen BUT was completely taken care of by the guys at GSC and corrected.

All I wanted to know was what happened on the cams that lost the power and which ones were they? That's it.

GSC, my intentions weren't as bad as you believe with my first question but me being attacked and called a liar set me off.

I apologize for this thread becoming a mess and will make my best attempt to completely avoid your threads. In this case, had you just said, "Yes we had a few cams that were machined wrong but they have all been recalled and taken care of." I was going to actually order a few sets to try, as there are no real winning EVO9 cams out that I have tried yet. Instead it was denied and once again had to get ugly.

I am glad to see you finally stepped up and cleared this up. Also glad to see you stand behind your product and that you took care of AMS and any others that had these improperly machined cams.

Again, sorry GSC.

Have a nice day.

(BTW, any of you that would like to apoligize to me for calling a liar and crap starter, you can PM me
Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Wow well all that jus opend my eyes to see how some vendors really are =P as long as this isn't how there customer service is then its all good but if this reflects it then dam iono who to shop from =P

Can't wait to see dyno's from to to cams... Still leanin towards the cosi.. hey will you have cam dyno's on the s2's for the 9?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

How soon!!??
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

No s2 dynos? For the 9?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dxbevo9
+100000

stole the words out of my mouth
+1

Quick Reply: GSC Releases our New S1 Cams for the Evo 9 Dyno inside!