Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

GSC Releases our New S1 Cams for the Evo 9 Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my S1 cams will be here on wensday =)
Old Jan 7, 2007, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

mine will be here friday!!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

my GSC S1 cams are going in with my 20G-LT.

I better hit 400whp or close to it on 91 octane! hahahah
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Birdie
my GSC S1 cams are going in with my 20G-LT.

I better hit 400whp or close to it on 91 octane! hahahah
Mr Birdie...that is the combo i was looking for... i hope you hit that power level..are you gonna be running alky?

anyways..i will be waitin to see your numbers...but what i really wanna see is your track times..

goodluck...keep me posted.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have installed the new MIVEC 280's in question. Our 86th set and the customer is very happy with the results. Dynosheets should be available by the weekend. Installation if MIVEC cams can get tricky. Having an experienced mechanic install them will help insure you get the desired results.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
We have installed the new MIVEC 280's. Our 86th set and the customer is very happy with the results. Dynosheets should be available by the weekend.
86th set of 280's on a IX - but what brand exactly?
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boomn29
86th set of 280's on a IX - but what brand exactly?
86th set of Evo cams. Last few which have been GSC 280 Mivec units. About 65% of the units we install are GSC and have yet to have a manufacturing or fitment error. I wish I can say that much about all cam manufacturers. Cough-cough Compcams....
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Out of curiousity, are these the same cams that just had to be pulled out of a customers engine and returned because they are loosing 90 whp? I felt bad for the customer having to pay to put them in and then finding out he had to pay to take them back out. He's not to happy either. Are the problems fixed with the cams yet?
AMS did a test on the original GSC cams and gained a little bit of power so I don't understand how installing these cams could lose hp.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thatguy
AMS did a test on the original GSC cams and gained a little bit of power so I don't understand how installing these cams could lose hp.
Improper installation and maybe improper tune
Old Jan 8, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

nevermind....

Last edited by kiley_sean; Jan 8, 2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Interesting.........but untrue response.

Thank you.

I will see if the owner of this particular EVO9 is willing to get on EVOm and post what happened with the cams, the phone calls, having to remove them etc.
So basically Greg is lying ? Wow David you must be right or since your right in your own mind all the time . The only installed set of these cams are installed in my car . Some more people will have the new S1 cams very soon and results will be posted .

And as far as someone installing the old 280/280 Mivec cams and losing 90hp is rediculous ! Show some facts or honestly just quit posting heresay BS . Prove your obvious attempt at trying to pull buisness away from GSC . Hell if it was your shop and your customer post up the damn graphs . And Geg has yet to receive a phone call from a customer claiming they lost 90 hp with the 280 cams , he would of asked for them back .

And just for you here is the thread for the intial release of the 280 Mivec cams not the S1 cams talked about here . https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=232642

Didn't you tell Greg in your fabulous spring idea thread to stay out of your threads and you would do the same ? So why not do what you said because you haven't brought nothing but heresay and attacks on peoples products into this one .
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

EvoM vendors are a cut throat bunch, aren't they!

You don't even need facts to back up the claims...just throw a fistful of mud and see what sticks.

Luckily, some of the people have half of a brain and can cut through the sh*t to see that the aforementioned posts were not a "warning" to potential buyers, but as something else....

Again,
WHATEVER CAM SET CAUSED A 90WHP LOSS IN AN EVO (WHICH IS STILL UNSUBSTANTIATED AT THIS TIME) WAS NOT THE GSC S1s.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

LoL wow
Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

94AWDcoupe, first off fool, we do not make windshield banners, so it would be a custom banner, true dat. Second, I know this particular case and what actually happend was he bought an EVO920Glt and 780 injectors. When Al received the ECU rather than supply a crappy tune he informed us that he had no base tunes for the LT and 780s'. The best choice was to return it so he could get a custom tune. It was that or supply a tune Al had no idea if it would work. That's not ****ty service, that's doing the right thing. The money for the flash was refunded 100%. You or he forgot to mention that.

Now that I am being attacked for this and am pissed off I will tell the entire story, GSC is lieing so it will pleasure me to tell it.

Few weeks back a guy came in that is local. He had contacted me about building an EVO. He decided to take his business to AMS instead. I never knew this.

He ends up coming into our shop with problems. Needed an ignition. I get to talking to him and give him my best F.U. for going out of state with his business. He tells me he was pretty pissed off as he bought a set of cams and paid to have them installed in his car. Right after doing the install he was contacted by AMS and they told him that they had just dyno tested the cams that they sent him and the car lost 90 whp. They wanted him to pull the intake cam back out and return it. So he paid again to take it out. I asked him what cam it was. He said he didn't know. I said, "I bet and I hope it was a GSC cam, I hate those guys." He told me he would check. I was too impatient and PM'd one of the guys at AMS to check for myself. It was verified that it was infact a GSC cam and that they did loose 90 whp and had to have him pull this cam back out and return it. SO TO ALL YOU DB'S, I AM QUITE SURE AMS CAN INSTALL A CAM AND TUNE THEM! The customer then called me just a few minutes after my PM and told me he had called and was told the same thing. He also said that AMS requested the exhaust cam back too as they weren't too sure about what it was or if it was going to work out.

How do you guys like the truth? Man do I have a huge FU for so many of you.

This car is now at our shop having some work done and we are taking the exhaust cam out to return to AMS.

It's too bad a high quality company like AMS had to get caught in the middle of this garbage as it has left a pretty bad feeling with this particular customer.

94awdcoupe, you should learn to read, I didn't say WE lost 90 whp did I? I said 90 whp was lost by a customer. I was careful what I was typing as I didn't want to drag AMS's name into this at all. What I was hoping for was GSC to step up and say there was a problem with some of the cams. That sure didn't happen.

Have a great day to the rest of you.

This must be a secret since no one else but you knows about this 90hp loss on the old 280 Mivec cams . You also admit you don't like GSC so you will basically take any rumor you hear and run with it to try and bash them . Very classy David as usual . Either way your spouting off your mouth about something you heard . Show the graphs or honestly just STFU ! No wonder most people think your a douche , for that I dub thee daviddoucher .

BTW rumor is your coming out with your own cams , you trying to steer away people so all your supporters will jump on the doucher train ?
Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

svt2EVO, anytime you'd like to speak to me in person let me know. Did you read what I wrote? Maybe you can't read. The facts are there and verified. It is NOT hearsay, I personally verified it with AMS. Thanks for your useless ignorant input.
Pay for the gas and I'll be right there . Yes I read what you wrote again show me proof . I'm a firm believer in don't believe heresay on the net show me graphs or track numbers something concrete to back up such a bold statement !

And for my input your doing the samething moron ! This thread is about the S1 cams that are only in my car not the old 280 mivec cams that came out several months ago that made power ! So thanks for useless moronic ignorant crap !

Quick Reply: GSC Releases our New S1 Cams for the Evo 9 Dyno inside!