Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2.3L w/ GT35R on brand new evo9....how much am i looking at? i want reliable set up~

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
I went all pruven dished out 647AWHP on a GT35R then upgraded to a 37R kick out 703AWHP with stock head, they do awsome work and one of the smoothest power curves around.
What did they tune it with? I see you have the stock head with Cosworth cams, so how did they tune the mivec and how did it respond? That has to be the most powerful non AEM ems evo and 9 in the world(at least with the stock head). Are you getting the AEM when it comes out for the 9? Any videos of your monster, would love to hear it Sorry for all the questions but I'm planning on trading in for a 9 soon and making it a monster.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jackson Machine
We could set you up with one of our Stage 3 2.3L shortblocks, CNC cylinder head and almost all of the parts you'll need to get the job done as far as turbo, injectors, meth injection etc. We also work with a reputable shop that is in PA that could handle the install for you. Our stage 3 shortblock consists of Oliver billet rods and Veniolia pistons. Block is cleaned, bolt holes are tapped, cylinders are sonic tested for thickness, line bore is checked/corrected, block is ground for stroker clearance, block is precision decked, cylinders are bored, block is plate honed, rings are file-fit, rod/pistons are pin-fit, assembly is balanced and blueprinted and assembled. Parts include new forged 2.3 stroker crank, Oliver billet rods, venolia pistons that are coated, ARP main studs, Coated ACL rod/main/balance shaft bearings. The shortblock rund $3745 and is 850+whp capable. Do a search and you'll find there are more than a few guys here with our shortblocks making good power and maintaining reliability and driveability.

If you'd like some more info on the rest of the part you'll need as far as turbo, injectors, meth, etc., give us a call 410-859-3269

www.jacksonautomachine.com
+1. I've heard too many good things about this shop from reputable people that they're definitely getting my business.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:18 PM

I can speak first hand for Jam and the shop in PA. I have the jam 2.3 (oliver& venolia) shortblock. Scott will treat your car like it was his own. He stands behind his work and does the cleanest install you could ask for .

mike
Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

I have the Buschur 2.3 along with their Stage 3 Head with their GT35R kit. Very happy with it.

I took the alcohol off. Whenever I want more power, I just add some c16, change the map and raise the boost and I am done.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

what shop in PA are you talking about?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 01:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bolio
What did they tune it with? I see you have the stock head with Cosworth cams, so how did they tune the mivec and how did it respond? That has to be the most powerful non AEM ems evo and 9 in the world(at least with the stock head). Are you getting the AEM when it comes out for the 9? Any videos of your monster, would love to hear it Sorry for all the questions but I'm planning on trading in for a 9 soon and making it a monster.
His car was tuned by an HKS V-pro I believe....
Old Dec 13, 2006, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by boomn29
Thanks newbie. I was giving a ballpark just to get his thread going. And labor is different everywhere depending on what you install yourself. Too many if's, figured I'd through out a ballpark.
Btw, he said he wanted a 35r; not a 30r.
Lol, He also said he is looking to make 500 whp, reliably. You guys went ahead and built him a race car. You can make 500 whp on the stock motor, guys are pushing it to 550-615hp. Although 500 can be achieved reliably. Just read the forums, and stop building imaginary race cars.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbotoyzz
Lol, He also said he is looking to make 500 whp, reliably. You guys went ahead and built him a race car. You can make 500 whp on the stock motor, guys are pushing it to 550-615hp. Although 500 can be achieved reliably. Just read the forums, and stop building imaginary race cars.
did you read the title of the thread??? he wanted a lot more than just 500whp. he wanted a 2.3 stroker and a 35r. you don't get a 2.3 stroker and 35r and supporting mods from stock for $7500 like you said, sorry to rain on your parade.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 12:21 PM

more power

you gotta go to The Shop. Someone that used to work @ Pruven works there now.

Jimmy owns it and he's the man. Really great work. 203 - 847 - 5791

If you buy the parts, Turbo People in NY 914-478-1727 can do the install. They did mine. They are one of the best on east coast.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 07:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Turbotoyzz
I didn't see any mention of anything that would qualify as "race car" stuff Everything mentioned is 100% streetable and reliable. A properly built 2.3 will run longer than any stock shortblock. And FWIW, the guys making 600whp on stock motors are beating the **** out of them and they wont last. Not to mention the HP numbers are from some inflated dyno pull and have no hp/tq curve to speak of. Take it off the dyno and it probably runs like a turd.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 07:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
what shop in PA are you talking about?
Northeast Turbo.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 07:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Exciting News
+1. I've heard too many good things about this shop from reputable people that they're definitely getting my business.

Originally Posted by evilrs
I can speak first hand for Jam and the shop in PA. I have the jam 2.3 (oliver& venolia) shortblock. Scott will treat your car like it was his own. He stands behind his work and does the cleanest install you could ask for .

mike

Thanks!

If and when you guys call up, make sure to mention that you're EvoM members. More often than not we have specials going on for members only.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bolio
It now has a HKS V PRO with Stage 3 Head/Cosworth Cams and yes its with MIVEC dont have any new numbers with new head on but soon hoping to be in the high 7's awhp.

I love the way she feels smooth is all i can say you couln't tell until you step on it.

The Pruven team is one of the best at what they do.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BUDZ69
you gotta go to The Shop. Someone that used to work @ Pruven works there now.

Jimmy owns it and he's the man. Really great work. 203 - 847 - 5791

If you buy the parts, Turbo People in NY 914-478-1727 can do the install. They did mine. They are one of the best on east coast.
As for that someone that person never worked there and i'm 100% that person is not a mechanic. So scracth your promotion
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:25 PM

hahahahaha

are you sure steve?

Quick Reply: 2.3L w/ GT35R on brand new evo9....how much am i looking at? i want reliable set up~