Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

E85 Ready!! with style :)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:31 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I see two of the three connections on the setup, AN Fittings obviously and a wiring assembly..

Will there be any plug and play fittings and wiring harness? or will the lines and wiring have to be adapted? Also, I see only 2 of the 3 lines, there's a secondary pickup on the other side of the tank that I don't see attached.

I don't want to resort to dropping the tank to retrofit some stuff since those lines and wires arent the easiest to get at in that location.
all three ports are there. Nothing will have to get modified. The wiring for the pump should be hardwired with 10-12 gauge wire via a relay to ensure that there is enough volatage supplied to the pumps. Only 2 wires need to be T-tapped into the old harness for the fuel sender. Pretty simple to install. -10 feed and -8 return is a little tougher because of its size but there is room for it.

LJ
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Sweet thats what I like to hear. I was hoping to use the stock lines and not have to adapt anything, but considering the power level expected out of my car on pump gas, I'm sure that its in my best interest to run new lines if necessary. I'd been using an in-tank pump and an inline pump, but the inline pump is really noisy.. How is the dual in-tank setup?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would have to leave my back seat out just so I could show that nice piece off. Very curious to see how this pans out.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:48 AM
Account Disabled

Sweet thats what I like to hear. I was hoping to use the stock lines and not have to adapt anything, but considering the power level expected out of my car on pump gas, I'm sure that its in my best interest to run new lines if necessary. I'd been using an in-tank pump and an inline pump, but the inline pump is really noisy.. How is the dual in-tank setup?
Im going to stage the other pump to come on after 10psi so i dont think the noise level would be a problem. You could use the stock return line if you like but the feed would have to be stainless up to the rail.

Originally Posted by lexat20
I would have to leave my back seat out just so I could show that nice piece off. Very curious to see how this pans out.
haha maybe i should roll around like that huh?
Old Dec 14, 2006, 06:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by lexat20
LOL, or make an opening in the seat to look down at it.. ROFL..

I can live with new line to the pump, I have to run a new FPR anyway..
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:14 AM
Account Disabled

LOL, or make an opening in the seat to look down at it.. ROFL..

I can live with new line to the pump, I have to run a new FPR anyway..
LOL that would look like a toilet seat
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
I dont care what people say about E85 i would never put it in my car are you kiding me the afr's would be off the charts. There would be to much at risk. If we ever run out of reg gas im just going to run race gas or alky. all the time. This would work great for a 600whp or less evo but not on my car thats going to be way over 600whp.

But the twin pump setup in nice. Shoot me a pm i got a ? for you about priceing and some more info on the pump mount

hahaha this post made me laugh.

why would your AFR be off the chart? E-85 = 9.8:1 a/f ratio. whats the big deal?

now heres the kicker that made me laugh...

you said, "if we run out of reg gas, i'm gonna run race gas or alky"

you are aware that race gas and regular gas come from the same source right? if we run out of reg gas, you're not going to get any race gas either.

and whats even funnier is that you said you'd run alky... alky IS E-85!!!!! E-85 contains 85% ethanol. alky is either denatured alcohol (ethanol) or methanol, which is also an alcohol fuel.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Props on the nice work... I would do it if i knew more about its +'s and -'s time will show that stuff.... good luck on the rest of the build
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:34 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Props on the nice work... I would do it if i knew more about its +'s and -'s time will show that stuff.... good luck on the rest of the build
Thanks, it wasnt meant for E85 only. It was made to simply take care of the fact that people are maxing out their single walbros. E85 requires about 30-40% more so this is perfect for the use of E85, that is if you chose to use that type of fuel.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:37 AM
Account Disabled

Another thing i like to add about E85 is that alchohol burns clean. If youre a tuner yourself, reading plugs for detonation would be alot easier. Im anxious as hell to try the stuff. I know a few guys who ran E85, and they said their down pipe and everthing else, like plugs ect ect.. looked like it was never used.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

I find the fact that a fuel pump is anodized purple to be hilarious......

Good work, looks like a top notch product, and theres going to be some "pump gas " monsters in our near future.

Has anyone found out what the limit seems to be with E85, what sort of max boost are you guys pushing?

Scorke
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FullBlown
Well E85 is the future so, I figured what the hell ,why not try it. The twin pumps are ready to go. What do you guys think about purple?? haha. Incase some of you guys are not familiar with E85. E85 is 85% Ethanol and 15% Fuel (in most cases by the way). Ethanol is know to corrode aluminum unless anodized so i went ahead and anodized the piece, along with all the pieces that are going to be for sale (raw aluminum is available too). I will have other color choices as well. Well, Im going to be installing this in the evo very soon and hopefully tune it on some E85. Sorry for taking so long on this but putting design into the patent process took some time just waiting on approval now but atleast its submited. Ill keep you guys posted with the dyno progress :biggrin:
ethanol will corrode aluminum, but to a lesser degree compared to methanol whether anodized or bare.

"wetted parts" that will be under long term immersion in R-OH needs to have a barrier like FEP to prevent contact.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:33 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KevinD
hahaha this post made me laugh.

why would your AFR be off the chart? E-85 = 9.8:1 a/f ratio. whats the big deal?

now heres the kicker that made me laugh...

you said, "if we run out of reg gas, i'm gonna run race gas or alky"

you are aware that race gas and regular gas come from the same source right? if we run out of reg gas, you're not going to get any race gas either.

and whats even funnier is that you said you'd run alky... alky IS E-85!!!!! E-85 contains 85% ethanol. alky is either denatured alcohol (ethanol) or methanol, which is also an alcohol fuel.

someone got owned, lol
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
I find the fact that a fuel pump is anodized purple to be hilarious......

Good work, looks like a top notch product, and theres going to be some "pump gas " monsters in our near future.

Has anyone found out what the limit seems to be with E85, what sort of max boost are you guys pushing?

Scorke
I've hit 31.6 psi on my White Rabbit without any knock. I couldn't push any further as I had maxed out my injectors. Now that I have larger injectors I'm going to try pushing it a bit more.

-Paul
Old Dec 14, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Very nice product...Kind of sucks because I have yet to see an E85 station here in MD.

Quick Reply: E85 Ready!! with style :)