Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

E85 Ready!! with style :)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
HUge e-85 fan and really glad to see vendors tuners and enthusiasts getting in to it.

The hilarious part is the marketing strategy is just wrong for the average redish necked 18 year old enthusiast... if it was promoted as street legal "race gas","alcohol dragster fuel" or "like the stuff F1 cars use"... The people that are scared of anything with a positive message aside for more HP would be lining up and fighting over it.

No e85 in the East coast yet though

And sweet pump set up regardless of your fuel preference!
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice fuel pump set up. The E85 is more than just interesting it will be the fuel for EVO's in 2007. We've been messing with it and it should be promoted as "race gas"

Welcome as to EVOm as a Vendor.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Nice fuel pump set up. The E85 is more than just interesting it will be the fuel for EVO's in 2007. We've been messing with it and it should be promoted as "race gas"

I agree this is a get setup but as far as it being fuel of 07 ill still pay $2.50 for 93oct. Or just run C16 at all times.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
I agree this is a get setup but as far as it being fuel of 07 ill still pay $2.50 for 93oct. Or just run C16 at all times.
Considering c16 is about $6-7 per gallon compared to E85 which is cheaper than 93, I will stick with E85.

I think E85 will be a great option for FI cars, who wouldn't want to run ~105 octane fuel every day? I think the minor inconviences of having to buy upgraded injectors, fp, and less mpg will be well worth it for 9/10 evo owners.

The pump looks really good, I can't wait E85 is local to me.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
There is a big boat that just left and you are missing it. We live in the Midwest and can get E85 for cheap, why would you not want to run it? 105+ octane and very high cooling effects, latent and cylinder temps. I can buy E85 for less then $2.00/gal here in Michigan, you guys should be close.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wingless
HUge e-85 fan and really glad to see vendors tuners and enthusiasts getting in to it.

The hilarious part is the marketing strategy is just wrong for the average redish necked 18 year old enthusiast... if it was promoted as street legal "race gas","alcohol dragster fuel" or "like the stuff F1 cars use"... The people that are scared of anything with a positive message aside for more HP would be lining up and fighting over it.

No e85 in the East coast yet though

And sweet pump set up regardless of your fuel preference!

I think I got word that the Northeast may start seeing it in 2008.. Maybe a bit earlier if there's enough demand to get the lobby parties involved..
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Another thought, is this supplied with or without pumps?

There are a few other options on the market that supply pumps..
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
I think I got word that the Northeast may start seeing it in 2008.. Maybe a bit earlier if there's enough demand to get the lobby parties involved..

Why are you guys so late to the party? Knock down some of the malls in Jersey and start growing some corn We have GM Flex-Fuel vehicle's on every lot here in town.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

Thanks, yes i have a feeling alot of evo guys are going to pump their tanks up with that stuff next year.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

I think this is a great option for those of us who also have a daily beater and can run E85 100% of the time on our evo. I got E85 everywhere here in Texas and 5 minutes from my house.
For all the E85 experts I have some questions, I know the Brazilian government has all their public transport vehicles running this stuff now, but they make it out of sugar cane because that's what crop Brazil produces. I heard that the sugar cane E85 is much better than the corn E85, why is this? What makes it better and does it have better fuel millage? I know Hawaii produces allot of sugar cane, so maybe we should jump on that bandwagon and help American Hawaiian farmers also.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Another thought, is this supplied with or without pumps?

There are a few other options on the market that supply pumps..

Jack, the pumps are just under 100$ with install kits each, i dont think he's including them in that retail price.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolio
I think this is a great option for those of us who also have a daily beater and can run E85 100% of the time on our evo. I got E85 everywhere here in Texas and 5 minutes from my house.
For all the E85 experts I have some questions, I know the Brazilian government has all their public transport vehicles running this stuff now, but they make it out of sugar cane because that's what crop Brazil produces. I heard that the sugar cane E85 is much better than the corn E85, why is this? What makes it better and does it have better fuel millage? I know Hawaii produces allot of sugar cane, so maybe we should jump on that bandwagon and help American Hawaiian farmers also.
The end product is the same whether it's made from corn or sugar. The benefit from sugar is that the production process is more efficient which yields more fuel per acre and more fuel per amount of energy used in production.

-Paul
Old Dec 14, 2006, 02:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Steve@NoLimitmotors
Jack, the pumps are just under 100$ with install kits each, i dont think he's including them in that retail price.
I know, I wanted to make sure people were aware of it if they were comparing pricing.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 02:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Different crops have different sugar contents, and therefore some are better for producing Ethanol than others. The truth is any of it can be used to produce some level of Ethanol. Sugar Beets, Corn, potatos, even waste products of other production that contains sugars, anything that can be fermented for the most part. Additionally crops don't need to be grown conventionally, and crops used for this purpose can be genetically engineered to produce more sugars and be heartier in other climates, where crops for consumption cannot be genetically engineered or processed in some ways..

Obviously off-topic for this thread, but it does show you the very wide interest in running E85.

The dual pump setup isn't specifically great for that though, anyone with a big turbo can benefit from it.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if the process for making ethanol creates more waste for the enviroment. Anyone got any info on that?

Quick Reply: E85 Ready!! with style :)