Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

best fmic?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2006 | 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boscoyo
Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah.....just curious as to what intercoolers have you owned, tested, and compared to give this enlightened data? You sound exactly like your username sounds. Good job.

OK, sorry, back to the topic...I think rarely will you buy something from Japan that is not of better quality than a US made something. The 'best' anything should be what is best for your application and for the original poster and most people, it is the stocker. If you have the cash, get the ARC. If you do not, get the Nisei Comp. If not the Comp, then AMS. The non Comp<AMS and Bushur race models.

4 out of 6 coolers mentioned in this post are in my possession.
What exactly does my username have to with anything? I spose I could make fun of your's, but I won't sink to that level, and I have no idea what it means.. Anyway I did post an example as to why the Nisei is the better choice. Nisei also has tested their core against Japan's finest and is confident enough to post the results. Yout comment about anything made in Japan is better quality than US made stuff is just ignorant. Get off the JDM bandwagon.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frenchy4g63
Yup you nailed it, right on the head, ARC is the best, although I don't think the AMS, Buschur, or Nisei intercooler is available over there. So that's a pretty pointless comment. Nice job!
If they wanted it, they could get it.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

What exactly does my username have to with anything? I spose I could make fun of your's, but I won't sink to that level, and I have no idea what it means.. Anyway I did post an example as to why the Nisei is the better choice. Nisei also has tested their core against Japan's finest and is confident enough to post the results. Yout comment about anything made in Japan is better quality than US made stuff is just ignorant. Get off the JDM bandwagon.

Have you ever looked at a ARC intercooler dude?

or felt one?

they weigh more than 20lbs less than a buschur race.

Thats a big deal.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Look I'm not saying ARC isn't quality stuff. However it is overpriced, and no one has shown me ANY evidence that it performs as well, or better than intercoolers made here in the US. Until someone can prove to me the performance gain is worth $800-$900 more than the Nisei intercooler, I stand by my comment.

In general I most definatly agree that you do get what you pay for, but when you get to a certain level most of that goes out the window. There's some JDM exhaust's that cost over $2000.00 that are heavier and don't flow any better than a $800 US made exhaust. I think some people get blinded by the "you get what you pay for" philosophy and don't look for VALUE, value is more important to me.

Last edited by Frenchy4g63; Dec 16, 2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
Have you ever looked at a ARC intercooler dude?

or felt one?

they weigh more than 20lbs less than a buschur race.

Thats a big deal.
20lbs huh? Buschur's Deluxe intercooler weighs 18lbs. The numbers just don't add up.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

.I have no idea.why Nisei is better. Nisei confident .about anything made in Japan is better quality than US. Get.JDM. bandwagon, Daniel-san.

Well said Frenchy, well said.

I was not making fun of your username, but was seeing the connection between name and user.

He said, he tested, he blah blah doesn't add up to a mound of turtle sh.t. Well, may be a very small turtle, but much like the sh.t of the turtle, it's not worth much.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

For some reason i absolutely despise these USDM PARTS FOR LIFE!!! people. Calling the entire JDM aspect a bandwagon is hilarious. You drive a japanese car you goofball, respect its roots.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

EvobeatsSTI,

The concept behind replacing the stock IC for an aftermarket while retaining the same price is a good idea. What you need to watch out is for intercoolers that are too big for the stock turbo unit.

At one point I had the Nisei intercooler measuring an astonishing 25x13x3.5 and retaining the crash beam, if I am not mistaking it was and still is the largest core around.

Little time it last on my car before I got rid of it, my spool up was the worst spool up I can describe, the max boost dropped a few psi to make matters worst I never improved my times at the track nor my whp/tq on the dyno.

I removed the Nisei intercooler and my car gained a lot on spool up time, also I recall my boost spiking to 31psi.

If you are planning on buying a bigger turbo, then I would say yes otherwise the stock intercooler is more than plenty.

my .2c

Carlos
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by staatz
XS power....
Sorry...NO

Do you want to lose horsepower?
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boscoyo
Well said Frenchy, well said.

I was not making fun of your username, but was seeing the connection between name and user.

He said, he tested, he blah blah doesn't add up to a mound of turtle sh.t. Well, may be a very small turtle, but much like the sh.t of the turtle, it's not worth much.
Yeah Dave Buschur's word doesn't mean much, your right, I'm gonna go spend $1600 on an ARC intercooler right now. You've convinced me.

Still waiting for ANY proof it performs better than a quality US made intercooler.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
EvobeatsSTI,

The concept behind replacing the stock IC for an aftermarket while retaining the same price is a good idea. What you need to watch out is for intercoolers that are too big for the stock turbo unit.

At one point I had the Nisei intercooler measuring an astonishing 25x13x3.5 and retaining the crash beam, if I am not mistaking it was and still is the largest core around.

Little time it last on my car before I got rid of it, my spool up was the worst spool up I can describe, the max boost dropped a few psi to make matters worst I never improved my times at the track nor my whp/tq on the dyno.

I removed the Nisei intercooler and my car gained a lot on spool up time, also I recall my boost spiking to 31psi.

If you are planning on buying a bigger turbo, then I would say yes otherwise the stock intercooler is more than plenty.

my .2c

Carlos

did you get tuned after you installed the nisei i/c? probably not right?
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sap12687
For some reason i absolutely despise these USDM PARTS FOR LIFE!!! people. Calling the entire JDM aspect a bandwagon is hilarious. You drive a japanese car you goofball, respect its roots.
Is that what you got from my posts? If so, you didn't read them well enough. Not once did I say US made parts are better than JDM parts, I have quite a few JDM parts on my car as a matter of fact. My point was that just because something is expensive and made in Japan everyone thinks it's soo much better, and that it would be impossible for a US tuner to make a quality part. My response was to the comment that JDM parts are always better than US parts, and that comment was ignorant, if you agree with that statement, then you my friend, are ignorant as well. It you and boscoyo wan't every single part on your car to be made in Japan, fine, more power to you. The smarter consumer would research everything available and pick the best one for their application, no matter what country it's made in.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

20lbs huh? Buschur's Deluxe intercooler weighs 18lbs. The numbers just don't add up.
wow dude. can you read? i said race..

buschur's race core dorfs their delux. ARC is top notch stuf. I think their full size ic weighs 12.9lbs. buschur's race is more like 30 something i think.

that loss of weight on the front of the car for a car that turns left and right is a HUGE deal.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
wow dude. can you read? i said race..

buschur's race core dorfs their delux. ARC is top notch stuf. I think their full size ic weighs 12.9lbs. buschur's race is more like 30 something i think.

that loss of weight on the front of the car for a car that turns left and right is a HUGE deal.
Yeah I can read, I realize you said Race core, my point was even with the race core being that much larger I highly doubt the ARC intercooler would be 20lbs lighter. For ARC to make their intercooler that light, it would need to made of titanium, which it's not, or sacrifice some cooling potential for weight savings.

did you really think I would confuse the word "race" with "deluxe" comn, use some comon sense..

I've pretty much said all I can say on this topic, Im going to end up quoting myself from now on, and everyone will still have their opinions, no matter how ignorant they might be. By all means buy the ARC if that's what makes you happy, but even after all the hate I'm getting, no one has shown me anything to prove their point. So, do what you like, it's your car, put whatever you want on it.
Old Dec 16, 2006 | 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

wow this thread is dumb.

anyway, there's hardly anything that's made in america nad these days it's hard to find anything that isn't made in multiple countries.

Quick Reply: best fmic?