Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO Green/20gLT information and new dyno charts.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2007, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
. . . I was just saying that the 20GLT is not yet, at this point in time, a proven autocross performer when compared to the TiAl 16G´s. I wasn´t really arguing that it may very well prove to be a better all around choice for your particular application.
I understand that you are saying the 20GLT is not proven yet, but I disagree with your suggestion that the TiAl 16G's ARE proven autocross performers. The highest placing EVO in Street Mod at Nationals this year was running a 20G9-5. . . .

And of course this years BSP winner AND 2nd place were running the stock inconel turbos -- and were FASTER than the fastest Street Mod EVO running his 20G9-5 . . .

Has a TiAl turbo'd car won any major race (National Tour or ProSolo)?

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 10, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I understand that you are saying the 20GLT is not proven yet, but I disagree with your suggestion that the TiAl 16G's ARE proven autocross performers. The highest placing EVO in Street Mod at Nationals this year was running a 20G9-5. . . . And of course this years BSP winner AND 2nd place were running the stock inconel turbos -- and were FASTER than the fastest Street Mod EVO running his 20G9-5 . . . Has a TiAl turbo'd car won any major race (National Tour or ProSolo)?EVOlutionary
Granted, I just assumed that it was, in my own words "proven". I am not, whatsoever against guys running inconel turbines in BSP...God bless them. I didn't intend to rag on the 20G-9-5 either...in fact I never mentioned it in my ill conceived post. I am, however, pleased that the guy using it did splendidly well in Street Mod.

Edit: Excuse me for diverting this thread O.T.

Last edited by sparky; Jan 10, 2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Not tryin' to bust your ***** or anything, just wanted to throw out there what I've seen so far. I really believe that as more of these new stock style turbos get out there and good reports keep coming in, we'll see less and less of the Evo 6.5 TME style ti/al turbos being utilized.

It was not too long ago when the only real choices for a stock upgrade was either the TME or a 20G/White Rabbit variant. One you could get a bit more low end, the other a bit more top end. But it's looking like the performance gain of the new LT all through the midrange and high RPM range is SO great, that it will more than make up for the bit less really low RPM torque that it loses to a TME variant.

It is just my opinion that this will be the "must have" turbo for the '07 autocross season in Street Mod. I won't have mine till later this week, so I won't know for sure till my first race this spring if it will be as awesome as I think it will. . .

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

I´ll be wanting to know how much of an EMS retune the new turbo´ll require on your car. Probably the Revolver cams will be just about ideal for that turbo. I should think it'll be a great combo. Best of luck next season! Damn, just wish I lived closer so I could show up at the track just to push you along a bit.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

I hope to run a couple National Tours or ProSolos in the midwest this year . . . so maybe I'll see you out there.

I believe Buschur told me it would need an extra 10-20% more fuel up top. I'm going to install it and then drive it to his shop for a tune (staying out of boost), hopefully in the first week of Feb. . .
Old Jan 11, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I believe Buschur told me it would need an extra 10-20% more fuel up top. I'm going to install it and then drive it to his shop for a tune (staying out of boost), hopefully in the first week of Feb. . .
What turbo have you been running up until this swap to the 20G-LT? When you take it to BR for tuning does that mean that you will have some before and after dyno numbers for us. I am guessing that you were running the 20G-9-5, so any and all comparative feedback should be interesting.

Incidentally, are you running a tubular exhaust manifold or a ported stocker? And what injectors do you run?

Last edited by sparky; Jan 11, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

ported stock mani, 20G9-5, 88cc injectors.

I will have before and after, but because I am putting the turbo on and taking it there, it won't be same day comparison. Also, I have stock wheels and winter tires on which are lighter than the 18x9.5 and 285/30 combo I had it tuned on for the 20G9-5. Therefor, I won't really put TOO much value in trying to compare them. . .

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:02 AM
nix
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
You´re probably right. And I have the same JDM RS turbo with a ported 10.5, that you do. You´ll be giving up between 400 to 600 RPM of spool due to the higher inertia, larger mass CHRA, with inconel vs. Titanium Aluminide turbine wheel. But, if you think it´ll be better for your style of driving then you´re probably right.

I was just saying that the 20GLT is not yet, at this point in time, a proven autocross performer when compared to the TiAl 16G´s. I wasn´t really arguing that it may very well prove to be a better all around choice for your particular application.
No argument there sparky. It is untested in AutoX so far.
Yup, it may even spool 400-600 rpm higher than the E6 TME 10.5 ...even though some users report better spool than that.
But that's just the point... I don't expect to do an AutoX start at less than 3800 rpm anyway. So for street/AutoX use (for me) it looks like a good combination, especially at the Christmas Sale price.

My $0.02¢

Last edited by nix; Jan 12, 2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

I´m through playing the Devil´s Advocate with repect to the 20GLT, a.k.a., the FP EvoGreen, and done with arguing about something(auto x), which I know next to nothing about. I hope it does work out to be a great autox turbo.

In my case, I´ll be using it for mostly back road driving and I don´t at all mind giving up a few hundred RPM of spoolup in exchange for greatly increased torque and the ability to run 28-30 psi of boost up top. I can´t wait to get the thing installed as soon as I get it.

Good Luck All.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

uhmm.. this turbo seems amazing and depite what people think.. its worth every penny for a daily driven evo..

Last edited by Redline06; Feb 27, 2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Ti/Al turbo's havent won SCCA autocrosses, boo hoo they have been winning international rally events for years, but then again US autocross is much more competition...

Scorke
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Any updates from AL, Dave.. also what cams should be good for a IX running this turbo..? Your site needs some updating i think.. Is the Buschur Racing/ AMS BMF fuel system really worth "1.095,467.37" hahaha am sure that's not right..

BTW has AMS taken part in this discussion.. any clues on their perpective on this turbo..
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Redline06;4027948].. Is the Buschur Racing/ AMS BMF fuel system really worth "1.095,467.37" hahaha am sure that's not right..
QUOTE]

yup, worth every penny.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Ti/Al turbo's havent won SCCA autocrosses, boo hoo they have been winning international rally events for years, but then again US autocross is much more competition...

Scorke
What is the point of that post? You are trying to make a point there, aren't you?? Or are you just being a sarcastic smart a$$??
Old Feb 27, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

I am trying to make a point. My point is although nobody over here in the states has won a national autox championship, which i think was what your point was...... is that the turbo's have been proven to be both good performing and durable overseas in all sorts of serious motorsports, and because of it I believe they would perform well here.

Scorke

Quick Reply: EVO Green/20gLT information and new dyno charts.