Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TURBOS GT42R Vs T51R KAI PLUS FUEL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shop cars and all of these 8-9 sec drag cars are constantly being rebuilt. The only way to keep a1000 HP car is to make it a dyno queen, and or drive it on low boost. There is absolutley no reason to drive a 1000 car on the street anyway.
However when you ask the car to put all 1000 to the wheels in a serious track condition **** breaks. However if you can fund it enjoy.
It has to be one of the greatest feelings to launch a 1k HP car.

Regardless of what car it is all of these 7-9 sec cars are constantly being torn apart and rebuild almost after every race. Its just the nature of the sport.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Love to see spool up on a T51 on a evo
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jean
Shop cars and all of these 8-9 sec drag cars are constantly being rebuilt. The only way to keep a1000 HP car is to make it a dyno queen, and or drive it on low boost. There is absolutley no reason to drive a 1000 car on the street anyway.
However when you ask the car to put all 1000 to the wheels in a serious track condition **** breaks. However if you can fund it enjoy.

Regardless of what car it is all of these 7-9 sec cars are constantly being torn apart and rebuild almost after every race. Its just the nature of the sport.

Thats the point im trying to get accross
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Thats the point im trying to get accross
Well (not pointing at anyone in any way or form) until you have been around these cars and actually drive and work on them to make such crazy power its really hard to know what you are talking about.

I hope to find the happy median with my car. Crazy power that can actually be used every now and then and be street driven with no major problems.
*Ofcourse once you modify a car you have to be ready for anything*

I say around 6xx driven at 4xx. With the proper suporting mods.
* There is absolutely no need for so much power to be street driven, in any way or form. But i cannot lecture any one on that since i am doing the same if not worse. A lot of people get traped in the numbers and a 400 HP street car is more than a beast.*
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Well (not pointing at anyone in any way or form) until you have been around these cars and actually drive and work on them to make such crazy power its really hard to know what you are talking about.

I hope to find the happy median with my car. Crazy power that can actually be used every now and then and be street driven with no major problems.
*Ofcourse once you modify a car you have to be ready for anything*

I say around 6xx driven at 4xx. With the proper suporting mods.
* There is absolutely no need for so much power to be street driven, in any way or form. But i cannot lecture any one on that since i am doing the same if not worse. A lot of people get traped in the numbers and a 400 HP street car is more than a beast.*
being here in chicago and haveing a sponsership now i here all about what it really takes to maintain a car with such high hp becasue im building mine right now and im spending over 22 grand my shop told me everything that goes on at the other shops that have the 8-9 second evos. And just like you said after every event the cars get rebuilt or checked for any problems or issuses that might or might not come up.

So thats why i have to have on stand by a another built motor with head, diff's front and rear, axles, trans, igntion boxes and a few other things.

Unless your rich or you own shop or sponsered you really dont want to chase the that time slip it will run you to the ground.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

being here in chicago and haveing a sponsership now i here all about what it really takes to maintain a car with such high hp becasue im building mine right now and im spending over 22 grand my shop told me everything that goes on at the other shops that have the 8-9 second evos. And just like you said after every event the cars get rebuilt or checked for any problems or issuses that might or might not come up.

So thats why i have to have on stand by a another built motor with head, diff's front and rear, axles, trans, igntion boxes and a few other things.

Unless your rich or you own shop or sponsered you really dont want to chase the that time slip it will run you to the ground.
Congrats on the sponsorship and build.

Ill have pretty much every engine, head, fuel, etc.. mod done. But im going with a PT67 so the only thing ill be able to do in the future will be basically upgrading the turbo.
Tranny and diff's are coming soon. So no killer launches on the drag strip untill then. Ill be slipping the Tilton till kinddom come.
Let me know how it turns out.

Last edited by Jean; Dec 21, 2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the sponsorship and build.

Ill have pretty much every engine, head, fuel, etc.. mod done. But im going with a PT67 so the only thing ill be able to do in the future will be basicallyl upgrading the turbo.
Tranny and diff's are coming soon. So no killer launches on the drag strip untill then. Ill be slipping the Tilton till kinddom come.
Let me know how it turns out.

Sounds good my setup will be done in march.

The best thing about it is i already have a driver im just a backup.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Then why come on here and ask questions if theres shops you can locally call and get info from? All your threads lately sound like you have no clue what to do.
The shops we have here have NO clue what they are doing or selling and i do not trust anyone here exept from one and sometimes he does not know everything that is why i am asking maybe i can perform something better by hearing from others outside my country about some things they have perform or tested on their cars and get some verified info.If i haven't known what i was doing att all i wont even bother asking.So pls do not critisize with out knowing someone.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rutt
Actually, I like the HKS turbos because they were making Hybrids (T4/T3) for a very long time. Many people in the Honda crowd think they are innovators because they used a t4/t3 hybrid but the HKS T300S (TO4S/T3) has been in production since the early 90's. My main complaints pertain to HKS's pricing and quirky little differences in designs. The HKS TO4S uses an oddball compressor blade setup. The inducer and exducer for the blade are exactly like a 60-1 but it uses the back spacing of a 62-1. Now, that is plain STUPID!! This design is obviously used to ensure that only overpriced HKS parts are used since the T04S blade cost 4 times more than a 60-1. HKS has no choice but to lower the price of their products because there are too many alternatives available now. Actually, most Japanese companies need to lower their pricing. Thanks to US companies many Japanese companies have lowered their prices drastically. FMIC kits that once sold for $3000 are now selling for as low as $800~$1000. Exhaust setups that required remortaging the homestead are now selling for mere pennies.

HKS does make good products but I am thankful that the Garrett USA provides products that perform just as well (or better) at less cost.

Since I am using a T67/T3 on my Honduh, I will most like install the T300S on my EVO after I gather some more parts.
Ok on that part you are wright,especially on pricing they (HKS kill).
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds good my setup will be done in march.

The best thing about it is i already have a driver im just a backup.
Hey if you finish earlier than me pm with your dyno results,i really want to see it.But i think i will be on dyno early Feb.I also had a few proposals for sponsorship but i have turn them down because my friend in Cyprus we have not got any place or anyone formal/power that can give me a real power sponsorship so i am by myself and my fans.(As long as we have funds we would keep upgrading the car and sent it to world tours also).
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

You are wright.The 1000hp are not to be driven in the road.I personaly want these or more on dyno and for races.In the road i will run low boost and i will not try to leave all that hp on the wheels in road drive.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kouzman
The T51R KAI is the small turbo of the series. It would match the smallest of the GT42s...

The big brother is the T51R SPL BB... this is a true 1000 horsepower turbo. if i remember correctly it has 1.02 a/r... the price of the hks turbos is simply too much...

this is how big the T51R SPL looks like on a 2 liter engine...

the SPL has 76.5mm compressor inducer and the KAI 70mm
the SPL has 102.2mm compressor major and the KAI 94mm

the turbine is the same...

Now you can compare it to the GT42R versions better!!!
Is this a Cyprus Ford cosworth running up to 1200hp?You know the owner of this car?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

my car on pump makes mid 400whp and traps at 120+ so im happy with the performance of the car even on pump gas.i have been beating on it for over a year now and so far so good.but to each his own u want 1000whp with a powerband of 2k rpms be my guest,ull be disapointed and probly spend more $ chaging the combo. if i was u my cyprus friend i start with a 37r and enjoy fhe hell out the car.my 02cents
Old Dec 21, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_08
my car on pump makes mid 400whp and traps at 120+ so im happy with the performance of the car even on pump gas.i have been beating on it for over a year now and so far so good.but to each his own u want 1000whp with a powerband of 2k rpms be my guest,ull be disapointed and probly spend more $ chaging the combo. if i was u my cyprus friend i start with a 37r and enjoy fhe hell out the car.my 02cents
I will not run 1000whp on the road never.I do not indent on ever doing this.I am well aware of the consequences.But note that there are evos i know that run up to 800hp on the road daily and have no big problems yet.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

If i was to daily drive my car i wouldnt go nothing bigger then a 30R i would have so much fun it would be a 4XXwhp on a stock 2.0L or built with pump gas or 500 whp on 120oct.

Quick Reply: TURBOS GT42R Vs T51R KAI PLUS FUEL