Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TURBOS GT42R Vs T51R KAI PLUS FUEL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But staying on topic i really think a weldon ext. fuel pump would work the best you might have to run 2 fuel pressure regulators but you would never have to worry about your fuel ever again.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTOPPOUZI
I will not run 1000whp on the road never.I do not indent on ever doing this.I am well aware of the consequences.But note that there are evos i know that run up to 800hp on the road daily and have no big problems yet.

Good luck to you my friend i know it can be harder and even more expensive to import parts when they aren't purchased in bulk.

The term "Daily driven" is some what never clarified. My daily drive is about 3-4 miles back and forth on busy streets and many intersections. There for little or no oportunity to open it up. Some other may take 30min-1hour for their daily commute and may have plenty chances to go W.O.T.

Now for me i can drive an 800+ HP car to work and back and not break anything cause ill never actually use it. For others one pass too many and ........... flat line.

Like i said whenever you modify from its stock form be ready to spend alot of money. Trust me I speak from experience.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

i can relate mr.jean
Old Dec 21, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

I have had many disagreeable lines of conversation going at the sametime since started trading post with TTOPPOUZI.

1000 dynoQueen hp on an EVO isn't compatible with street driving or circuit racing.
The parts listed from the beginning would never make 1000hp (T04Z, 1000cc injectors....)
TO4Z with the correct sellection of assocatied parts would perform better the ultra peeky ultra peeky dynoQueen supreme T51 series (on an EVO that is).
High lift/long durantion solid cam combined married to a big turbo = divorce from the street.
Drag setups rarely perform poorly on circuits and vice versa.
Last but not least - there are more than a few companies that make parts that perform on the same level or outperform overpriced Japanese parts but at less damage to the wallet.

Fuel setup: A good intank pump feeding an inline pump that is 1000hp compatible is the way to go. The question is where you want the collector tank (SUMP) placed. Also, don't forget about the fuel lines and regulator. For 1000hp you need to run atleat -8 line all the way through for the system but -10 to at least the regulator would be even better.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jean
Good luck to you my friend i know it can be harder and even more expensive to import parts when they aren't purchased in bulk.

The term "Daily driven" is some what never clarified. My daily drive is about 3-4 miles back and forth on busy streets and many intersections. There for little or no oportunity to open it up. Some other may take 30min-1hour for their daily commute and may have plenty chances to go W.O.T.

Now for me i can drive an 800+ HP car to work and back and not break anything cause ill never actually use it. For others one pass too many and ........... flat line.

Like i said whenever you modify from its stock form be ready to spend alot of money. Trust me I speak from experience.
This car is not going to be used to go to work every day,road driven for me means weekends.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rutt
I have had many disagreeable lines of conversation going at the sametime since started trading post with TTOPPOUZI.

1000 dynoQueen hp on an EVO isn't compatible with street driving or circuit racing.
The parts listed from the beginning would never make 1000hp (T04Z, 1000cc injectors....)
TO4Z with the correct sellection of assocatied parts would perform better the ultra peeky ultra peeky dynoQueen supreme T51 series (on an EVO that is).
High lift/long durantion solid cam combined married to a big turbo = divorce from the street.
Last but not least - there are more than a few companies that make parts that perform on the same level or outperform overpriced Japanese parts but at less damage to the wallet.

Fuel setup: A good intank pump feeding an inline pump that is 1000hp compatible is the way to go. The question is where you want the collector tank (SUMP) placed. Also, don't forget about the fuel lines and regulator. For 1000hp you need to run atleat -8 line all the way through for the system but -10 to at least the regulator would be even better.
My friend the turbo is changed,i almost traded the TO4Z with a T51R KAI.The 1000cc injectors are for road use i have 1700cc for race.The power fc also is changed into AEM.I had good offers and i traded some parts.But you have a point there,i did not say that i dissagree with the fact that a 1000hp car can be easily driven on the road.That is why i will try it on the road and if i see that it is not worth it then my friend i will sell the car with a standart/stock engine and put my set up on a strip/chachi car only for races.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Why did you change to AEM? Power FC with FC Datalogit is awesome!!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

I think we cover the fuel part already.

As far as drag cars being on the street and track cars there 2 diff. cars budy.

Its either you make a full out drag car or you make a full out track car. There is no in the middle in the middle would be a modded car that would work well on both tracks drag and road course.

And as far as driveing a drag car on the street this is a t4 setup which all you have to do is swap it with a 35R T4 turbo. I have 2 setups.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with everything stated above. However with the ordering japanese parts, sometimes its just for a peace of mind to spend a couple extra dollars for a part that has been known to perform.

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
I think we cover the fuel part already.

As far as drag cars being on the street and track cars there 2 diff. cars budy.

Its either you make a full out drag car or you make a full out track car. There is no in the middle in the middle would be a modded car that would work well on both tracks drag and road course.

And as far as driving a drag car on the street this is a t4 setup which all you have to do is swap it with a 35R T4 turbo. I have 2 setups.

That is true as well. That is why i think before you decide on which setup to go with you should decide what you are building it for, drag, road course, street.
The honest truth is that only about 10-15% of all EVO owners will actually use the car to its full potential in its stock form and even less when properly modified.

However i still beleive a properly put together street setup can run 10.xxx secs on the drag strip and with a very good driver out perform most on a road course. Not to mention own alot of cars on the street.

All that is needed is a very good driver. Proper setup with tuning to match. Then a pretty good turbo that will provide a lot of power/torque from the midrange all the way to redline. GT35R for example is one of those turbos however you need all the supporting mods to make that happen. And almost one of the most important part is that the car will/should be reliable.

Last edited by Jean; Dec 22, 2006 at 07:10 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

I like how we take a topic and take it outside the box.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
I like how we take a topic and take it outside the box.
All great minds think outside of the box.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

my car a 2.3l with a 37r is a good in betwen imo,good drivability and plenty of power.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Why did you change to AEM? Power FC with FC Datalogit is awesome!!
I know that it is great but i had a really good offer to get the AEM which includes launch control/anti lag and its map can count up to 4bar.I have been told that power fc map can not run more that 2.3bar..I still have the power fc thow.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Once you add FC Datalogit the Power FC is a dream to work with. The Power FC offers launch control and there are quite a few people here in Japan that run 3bar+ with a Power FC.

If you are selling the Power FC send me a PM because I am eyeballin' a TME right now. Gonna ditch the IV and get the 6.5 if a deal goes through with one the tire kickers who have been looking at my IV.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Once you add FC Datalogit the Power FC is a dream to work with. The Power FC offers launch control and there are quite a few people here in Japan that run 3bar+ with a Power FC.

If you are selling the Power FC send me a PM because I am eyeballin' a TME right now. Gonna ditch the IV and get the 6.5 if a deal goes through with one the tire kickers who have been looking at my IV.
Ok i will ckeck AEM if it works fine then i will not need the Power fc and i will pm you.The 6.5 good choice.

Quick Reply: TURBOS GT42R Vs T51R KAI PLUS FUEL