Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TURBOS GT42R Vs T51R KAI PLUS FUEL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TURBOS GT42R Vs T51R KAI PLUS FUEL

Which turbo from Ball-bearings GT42R and T51R KAI would you use on a street/drag car up to 1000hp and why?And how many fuel pumbs would you use for this kind of horsepower to run safely?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

2 fuel pumps will work out for you or you can run a external fuel pump a weldon will do the job.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yea and for the money a 42R would be way cheaper then a hks T51R for almost the same output.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the 1000 whp evos use gt45's now dont they?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evobeatsti
the 1000 whp evos use gt45's now dont they?

If you buy a 42R with the biggest hotside and a solid tune you can reach 1000 or just go with the bigger wheel in the 45R
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

There is alot that comes into play when building a car with 1000 whp things will break and often motors blow after a few passes. Its a pain to maintain
Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
There is alot that comes into play when building a car with 1000 whp things will break and often motors blow after a few passes. Its a pain to maintain
GT45 is for 1500hp.GT42 is not very cheaper than T51 KAI and what do you mean pain to maintain? Evo's in Cyprus up to 900-1100hp are running for three years now with only oil change and service.

You do not think that the T51 KAI is more aggressive turbo from the GT42 and faster spooling???You think that it will not be able to run easily up to 1000hp?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Either of those turbos with a good tune and setup should net you high numbers close to that. I would hope you have a well built drivetrain to take the abuse. Things will still break.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTOPPOUZI
GT45 is for 1500hp.GT42 is not very cheaper than T51 KAI and what do you mean pain to maintain? Evo's in Cyprus up to 900-1100hp are running for three years now with only oil change and service.

You do not think that the T51 KAI is more aggressive turbo from the GT42 and faster spooling???You think that it will not be able to run easily up to 1000hp?
I could belive a 900hp motor could last pretty long if built right and taken care of. Doesnt john shepard have a 900+ hp motor that he rebuilds only once a year, even when everything is still working fine?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTOPPOUZI

GT42R and GT45R are the same price there $2000.00 if you pay any more then that your getting ripped off.

If you drag race a 900-1100 hp evo you will break something motor's do blow simple things go out piston rings rod bearings many things go wrong you might not know this but evo's that runs 9's im not going to say who because where are to keep it on the down low after every 6-12 passes motors crap out. If you just drive it around and dont race of couse it will last you. The main reason why they dont list the things they break is becasue they want to push the product have in mind they still need to make money there not going to fill your mind with worrys. Its plan common secens.

Another thing let me know when you own a 1000whp evo and you drag race it and drive it around let me know how its going to go for you. My 800+ whp setup is getting built right now and i have heard almost everything that goes wrong from all the shops around chicago. When you build one shoot me a pm.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

GT42R and GT45R are the same price there $2000.00 if you pay any more then that your getting ripped off.

If you drag race a 900-1100 hp evo you will break something motor's do blow simple things go out piston rings rod bearings many things go wrong you might not know this but evo's that runs 9's im not going to say who because where are to keep it on the down low after every 6-12 passes motors crap out. If you just drive it around and dont race of couse it will last you. The main reason why they dont list the things they break is becasue they want to push the product have in mind they still need to make money there not going to fill your mind with worrys. Its plan common secens.

Another thing let me know when you own a 1000whp evo and you drag race it and drive it around let me know how its going to go for you. My 800+ whp setup is getting built right now and i have heard almost everything that goes wrong from all the shops around chicago. When you build one shoot me a pm.
My car is estimated to run on dyno finished by the end of January.Note that i do not want 1000whp 800 or 900 would be more than enough for me.We have evos in CY that have run up to 10 races for almost three years now one of those has 800hp and the only thing he did to the engine was to change oil,metal head gasket and service.I have not heart or seen any of those engines keep braking up i think if your tuner and engineer build your engine up with the correct products and tune properly you want have any significant problems.It all about TUNING,everyone says....I can send you pics from dyno day of my evo finished,which i hope everything will go right and if you can i am interested in seeing your cars set up to have the 800whp.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

A and something else,maybe you can buy the GT turbos for USD 2000 but to pay from Cyprus to get it from the USA it will cost me 2500 or more.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ToMuchBoost
I could belive a 900hp motor could last pretty long if built right and taken care of. Doesnt john shepard have a 900+ hp motor that he rebuilds only once a year, even when everything is still working fine?
Why he is rebuilding his engine with out having any problems??Does AMS or Bushcur which have evos up to 1000hp have so many problems that constantly rebuilt their engines.I did not heart of such a thing ..
Old Dec 20, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4GSix3T
Either of those turbos with a good tune and setup should net you high numbers close to that. I would hope you have a well built drivetrain to take the abuse. Things will still break.
I have spent a year now in studying all parts ordered to perform such a big work and thousands of money to do so.So why do you think that things will still break?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dun worry bout the comments...just go ahead to build it but I reckon you'll get better results with the 42R...the T51R Kai has been used in 2 of the New Zealand Evo 3's running low 8's but they're running methanol for fuel and its a radical setup. You're gonna be running C16 thus you can't go wrong with running JUNS and a GT42R which is exactly the same as what our new drag Evo 3 is gonna be.

If you're mixture is right , you wouldn't have to do anything to maintain that sort of engine apart from changing the oil, checking the compression, leak down and main bearings after each race.... on which the Fluidamper is a definite must..

Quick Reply: TURBOS GT42R Vs T51R KAI PLUS FUEL