Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

whats required to get into the 350-380awhp league?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006 | 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lordjavelox
whats up guys - what does your evo 8 get on the dyno and with what mods, and what would I need to do in order to get 350-380whp.
Depends if you want to stick with the stock turbo or not.

Like it's been said; you're doing to need a ton of bold-on's including cams, piping, tbe, tune, dv, maybe mbc - to get close on an VIII. Dunno if you can make it with pump gas - so figure meth/akly or 100/110 tune.
I bet you could make it on only pump gas if you did a stroker!

Or you could upgrade your turbo and go as far as you want. But that's a lot bigger of an undertaking.
Old Dec 29, 2006 | 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killakilla911
Wow! Are you ok in the head? Sean Ivey is as big as Buschur and AMS. You must be missing something.
he's right. sean ivey is serious sh*t when it comes to tuning aem ems
Old Dec 29, 2006 | 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killakilla911
Wow! Are you ok in the head? Sean Ivey is as big as Buschur and AMS. You must be missing something.
You surely don't believe that. He's not even close to the same ballpark in the Evo community. There are tons of people on this forum alone who have never heard of Sean Ivey, but you won't find anyone who hasn't heard of Buschur and AMS. Then, if you go to OTHER, random forums, the difference is even more drastic. As I said, Ivey is a great tuner, and he's been very successful, especially with his DSM, but in the Evo community, he's just another tuner. Nothing wrong with that - he just doesn't have a huge shop that does anything and everything like AMS and Buschur.

NI is right about the post whoring. It does look very much like someone who had a previous account who made a new one in order to sell something. You just signed up and started posting like you've been here for years and know everything. Of course, you don't have to be here to already have a lot of knowledge, but it's very unusual the way you're jumping in every thread right after signing up and not being on cue with your answers.
Old Dec 29, 2006 | 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Sean Ivey is a great tuner, but what he is saying is he is no where near as popular as AMS/Buschur status. I would definitely rate him in top 5 best tuners though for sure.
Old Dec 29, 2006 | 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lordjavelox
whats up guys - what does your evo 8 get on the dyno and with what mods, and what would I need to do in order to get 350-380whp.
boost controller, TBE, 10.5, O2 housing, cams, meth, fuel pump, LICP

Never heard a bad thing about Ivey but he has a loooooong way to go before he's in the same league as Buschur or AMS when it comes to building Evos.

Last edited by -=SPECTRE=-; Dec 29, 2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2006 | 09:41 PM

Pump gas, no meth, is it necessary to upgrade the turbo to get to 380 whp on an VIII?
Old Dec 29, 2006 | 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

All the bolt ons, Cams and Meth will do the trick. I know cause im there! Save money for a clutch though, your gonna need one.....I do
Old Dec 30, 2006 | 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

depends how u want to make that power. the cheep way would be to run race gas or meth with all the bolts on and turn the boost up and you will make that.

i would just get a gt3076r so you can make that kind of power safely on 91 octane
Old Dec 30, 2006 | 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
There is one IX with a WR-IX that made a lot of power, but that's the only one.
I've seen two Evo8's with WR-9's make around the 450whp range.
Old Dec 30, 2006 | 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I've seen two Evo8's with WR-9's make around the 450whp range.

Please link us to those.
Old Dec 30, 2006 | 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Another guy who just recently came out of nowhere speaking with authority. Sean Ivey is a great tuner, but he's not an "evo wonder." He's a small fish in a big pond. Buschur and AMS would be the "wonders" of the Evo world with their 8-sec Evos.
warr, i have to say you're comparing apples to oranges here..

we're talking about ems tuning vs. parts tuning.. two different leagues and both equally necessary in the successful proliferation of the evo aftermarket.

seriously, buschur and ams (to name a few) are priceless members of the evo community; but so are people like sean ivey and al friedman, whose magical tuning abilities bring out the very best of their parts.
Old Dec 30, 2006 | 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Please link us to those.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=233109

There is one of them, he put down around 430 on a Mustang Dyno. The other one isn't on the forum (that I know of) and put down a tad more on a stock motor on the same dyno.
Old Dec 30, 2006 | 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

WARRTALON.... Is an idiot if he can say that. Sean Ivey is the man when it comes to tuning. Sean is known in the tuning community. How can you make such a moronic statement!

Quick Reply: whats required to get into the 350-380awhp league?