Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

4G64 crank or aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
look at him what? he's putting fp greens on a lotta cars.... makes sense to me.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude, where was a fpgreen mentioned in this thread?

get your head out of peoples asses and be your own person.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

it has to do with the fact that someone tried to cite buschur hasn't had problems with stroker cranks when in fact buschur has stated previously that he does not like to modify the engine in that way. he likes the 2 liter just fine.

then you come along and say well i know more about buschur than you, even though you cited some misappropriated information about him "liking" big turbos when he obviously likes his stock like turbo that he just put to market just fine.

get your head outta my ***.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
it has to do with the fact that someone tried to cite buschur hasn't had problems with stroker cranks when in fact buschur has stated previously that he does not like to modify the engine in that way. he likes the 2 liter just fine.

then you come along and say well i know more about buschur than you, even though you cited some misappropriated information about him "liking" big turbos when he obviously likes his stock like turbo that he just put to market just fine.

get your head outta my ***.
Yeah I said Buschur built strokers have not had problems with the crank breaking... what does that have to do with him liking them or not? I didn't mention his preferance, I was talking about the strength of the 4g64 crank, and gave examples of shops that have not had issues with them. Once again, what does your original post have to do with this thread?
Old Dec 24, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
Doesn't Dave use a 35r on his personal daily driver? I would imagine if he loved the stocker soo much, he would have used that on his car...

Im just sayin..
Old Dec 24, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ecuflasher
I'm currently looking to piece together a 2.3L stroker kit for a friend and would like advice on whether to stay with the stock 4G64 100mm crank or go for an aftermarket one from Eagle or K1. The K1 looks very interesting.....

Btw, anyone knows what's the part number for the forged steel 4G64 crankshaft?
I spoke with the owner of K1 Technologies about crank options. You may want to email them about it, I'm sure they can help you. They also offer a 97mm stroke as well, which is what I'm leaning towards. K1 is owned by the same company that ownes Carrillo, Wiseco, and JE, so they could put together a stroker kit for you if you want. They are having a price increase the first of the year, so I would contact them asap if you want to save a little cash.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frenchy4g63
They also offer a 97mm stroke as well, which is what I'm leaning towards.

wow I wasn't aware of this. who makes pistons for it? Whats the price on it?

and trinydex, There are quite a few br 2.3l cars running around maybe br likes a 2.0 better in a drag racing situation. However if you wave 5 grand infront of his face and say build me a 2.3l block because i want the added offboost power for my 35r Daily driver. I'm sure he isn't going to say "HELL NO IM NOT PUTTING A STROKER CRANK IN YOUR CAR" hes going to do it. Because it makes sense for a daily driven car thats on mild cams, stock valvetrain, and doesn't see 8,000 rpms everyday.

your two comments in this thread made no sense. and didn't pertain to the thread at all. BR offers stroker kits. They come with a OEM crank. And i'm not even sure what you ment by "hes putting fpgreens on cars.. makes sense to me" because that makes no sense to me.. maybe you can enlighten me?

to the poster of this thread.. Once again if you are using H-beam rods. Your rods will be the weakest link in this setup not the OEM crank
Old Dec 25, 2006, 02:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
yeah so?

He also never liked running a Big turbo on a street car but look at him now.

I myself like the added offboost power because i plan on daily driving a 35r.

And what does that comment have to do with this thread anyways?
I guess that is where your saying that i stated that dave "liked" big turbos. But what i get from that statement is that he always talked down on bigturbos for daily drivers and... well look at him now he's had plenty of time to put the green back on his daily driver and he hasn't.

the fact is.. you made two useless comments and i'm busting your *****.. thats it but i'm done with it. I just dont know why you would post up in a random thread.

DB doesn't like stroking cars. when his opinion wasn't ever brougth up. Honestly i wish dave didn't use his last name as the shops name so it wouldn't be so personal for him. But keep on swinging from his sack.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

to the poster of this thread.. Once again if you are using H-beam rods. Your rods will be the weakest link in this setup not the OEM crank
Even the Carrillo H beams? I was told that they are the strongest rods available but heck, I can always go with Pauter or Oliver to be safe
Old Dec 25, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I said Buschur built strokers have not had problems with the crank breaking... what does that have to do with him liking them or not? I didn't mention his preferance, I was talking about the strength of the 4g64 crank, and gave examples of shops that have not had issues with them. Once again, what does your original post have to do with this thread?
the point was only that he doesn't like them and there's probably a reason. but that's fine, if you don't wanna find out that reason.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

I guess that is where your saying that i stated that dave "liked" big turbos. But what i get from that statement is that he always talked down on bigturbos for daily drivers and... well look at him now he's had plenty of time to put the green back on his daily driver and he hasn't.

the fact is.. you made two useless comments and i'm busting your *****.. thats it but i'm done with it. I just dont know why you would post up in a random thread.

DB doesn't like stroking cars. when his opinion wasn't ever brougth up. Honestly i wish dave didn't use his last name as the shops name so it wouldn't be so personal for him. But keep on swinging from his sack.
most people know that buschur does not mod backwards, he will probably never take the big turbo off his car and put a smaller one on.

and i don't swing from anyone's sack. most people know that i'm the first one to come at br with criticism and skepticism.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Is there something differant with the Evo then? I know the stroker crank hasn't been used on the Evo nearly as long as it has on DSM's, but I haven't heard of anyone having problems with them from Bushur, AMS, RRS etc. Have they just not had enough time to break yet?

Why do people have issues with them? What's the weak point? I was all set to get a stroker short block, pushing 700+ whp, but now I'm wondering if I'd be better off building a 2.0L. I was going to get the crank nitrided as well to help with strength, just for added assurance. What other options are out there?
I made 700AWHP/600Tq no problem smooth like butter.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ecuflasher
Even the Carrillo H beams? I was told that they are the strongest rods available but heck, I can always go with Pauter or Oliver to be safe
Still only good to around 600whp in a 4g63 if you would like to see north of 600whp go with a I-beam. I think carrillo makes an I beam also. The manleys in my car are very stout. Along with the crowers.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Still only good to around 600whp in a 4g63 if you would like to see north of 600whp go with a I-beam. I think carrillo makes an I beam also. The manleys in my car are very stout. Along with the crowers.
When I spoke to K1 they said they stock 88mm, 97mm, and 100mm cranks. I'm accually leaning towards the 97mm. I think the best way to use it would be to use the pistons from a 2.3/100mm stroke, and then use a 1.5mm longer rod. It should help with spool and have a better rod/stroke ratio, and slow the pistons at higher rpms. I would imagine it's about the same price as their other cranks.

Tom the owner of K1, is looking into putting something together for me, with Carrillo rods and Wiseco or JE pistons. I'm a little hesitant to use the Carrillo's just cause Im not sold that they will handle the power. They make an H-beam and an A-beam. I may end up using Pauter's though, but I'm going to wait until I hear back from Tom before I make a decision. I'll be pushing 700+whp, so I want everything as strong as possible.

I know Crower makes a rod for the 97mm crank, that they use in their stoker kit, I may look into that as well.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
I made 700AWHP/600Tq no problem smooth like butter.
Yeah that was my point, I haven't heard of people breaking the 4g64 crank, the forged one at least. So I was a little suprised to hear that people have broken so many of them.

How's your car comn along?

Quick Reply: 4G64 crank or aftermarket