Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Case Study - Evo IX Stage II with Alky - stock vs Cosworth Cams

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after seeing this, i'd think everyone would be jumping all over the cosworth cams but i guess people still need to see better results. AL are you moving alot of them? because I still have 14 sets sitting her collecting dust.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve@NoLimitmotors
after seeing this, i'd think everyone would be jumping all over the cosworth cams but i guess people still need to see better results. AL are you moving alot of them? because I still have 14 sets sitting her collecting dust.
take one set and put it in your IX

lets see what the results are
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Those are impressive numbers, maybe time to ditch the hks 264/272 setup
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Can't wait to see some more videos from mikeys car ^_^ after these mods.. should be good.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, the biggest prank the devil did was thinking that America will be defended properly by Liberals. 911 was plotted and put into motion during the scaling down of the Military while Clinton was President. Clintons own words, "We're reducing the armed forces because the world is a safer place today than it was during previous decades. GUESS WHAT? That's the rebuttal to killakill911's statement. Nuff said.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
So Al how much did the car dyno with the STOCK cams, the alky AND the tune? I wana see how much power it picked up from adding the cams and additional tunnig.. Im assuming this car also has intercooler pipes?
this is my car that got tuned with the cams... before cams i had made 358whp and 400 torque
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by killakilla911
Steve, they will collect dust on the shelves until I push them for you lol jk jk its just like i said in another post people are jumping all over GSC because its the best bang for the buck but these days with Bush as president everyone is spending their money on gas and dont have that much for Cosi's LOL .

The biggest prank that the devil pulled off was making Bush president.
The Cosworths and gsc's are the same price pretty much.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

I can't seem to understand why people are making such a big deal as to the dyno that this was done on. The fact remains is that the car was run on the same dyno pre cams with the exact same mods after the cams were installed. The gains were on the same dyno. So what if it reads higher or lower than a Mustang or Dynojet. Point is that there was considerable gains period. Keep up the good work AL and don't let people get to you, even if they offer to "suck your sack" (NASTY *** M-F****R !!)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a question here. If the crack/leak gets fixed wont the tune be slightly off?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

yea and i need to retune...
Old Dec 28, 2006, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dryad001
Just a question here. If the crack/leak gets fixed wont the tune be slightly off?
Yes it will need to be checked
Old Dec 28, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

The reason I made that post is the this dyno is reading like crank hp. And i have no idea what new softwear your talking about because AussieImports still has low reading softwear and they are the distribuotr of htese dyno's in the US? So does all the shops here. You would think the shops here would get the softwear first?

Honestly I think you guys are just putting in a 1.20 correction or something for everypull. Which you can do. Just to make your customers happy with big numbers. People liek big numbers. You are not going to see anther dynodynamics correctly calibrated read like this dyno. Ive seen 30+ dd dynos and never seen one read like this unless the correction factor was alterd which is really easy to do.

C'mon al. 400dd WHP on a bpu+ evo? only making 18psi at redline. Get real dude. You guys cant expect to gain as much hp off htese cams as these dynoplots are showing because how high this dyno is reading. Decrease your gains by about 15% and start there.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
The reason I made that post is the this dyno is reading like crank hp. And i have no idea what new softwear your talking about because AussieImports still has low reading softwear and they are the distribuotr of htese dyno's in the US? So does all the shops here. You would think the shops here would get the softwear first?

Honestly I think you guys are just putting in a 1.20 correction or something for everypull. Which you can do. Just to make your customers happy with big numbers. People liek big numbers. You are not going to see anther dynodynamics correctly calibrated read like this dyno. Ive seen 30+ dd dynos and never seen one read like this unless the correction factor was alterd which is really easy to do.

C'mon al. 400dd WHP on a bpu+ evo? only making 18psi at redline. Get real dude. You guys cant expect to gain as much hp off htese cams as these dynoplots are showing because how high this dyno is reading. Decrease your gains by about 15% and start there.
why are you trolling this thread and making it a pissing match. al is simply showing the "gains" between the stock vs cosworth cams/alky. 400whp, 350whp nobody gives a flying ****. you would probably disagree with my next sentence also. Evo 9 owners would like to know which cams are best bang for their buck with certain mods, period. this thread is simply a "reference" to other evo9 owners. when i first started modding i was constantly looking to see what mods made the most gains for my 8 and not so much the most "whp" because everybody knows that a mustang, dynojet, DD all read different #'s.

Get real "dude" and decrease your useless posts by 99.9%. start there.............

btw, nice "gains" AL

Last edited by freshevo8; Dec 28, 2006 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Case Study - Evo IX Stage II with Alky - stock vs Cosworth Cams