Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

350+whp on stock turbo? CA 91 octane

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RenoEvo
...I would bet 330whp at the most on 91 at Gruppe S, but anythings possible...
Actually no. The dyno plot below is from an '06 IX RS that's considered somewhat of a factory freak in the NorCal community. It took 100 octane, 26lbs of boost, and multiple trips to the dyno to finally put down these numbers. EIP's dyno reads almost identical to the Gruppe-S dyno...

This car is stupid fast even on 91 octane. It went over 300whp which is a rarity up here on these dynos.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

On EIP's dyno i did 288/297

filter,tbe,licp, andy tune.

He said that was pretty good for that dyno..
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX
I'm looking to make 350+whp on the stock turbo on Cali 91 craptane.
Mods:
ECU flash
RNR carbon-ti TBE
Full-race manifold
Works o2 housing
GSC s1 cams
Denso 720cc
Nisei LICP
AMS FMIC
Turbo smart e-boost II ebc
Custom intake and UICP

Is it possible or just a dream? I only want to run pump but will run meth or alky if I have to just to be safe.
i made +330 on 91 with :
HKS ti exhaust
helix test pipe
tanabe exhaust
invidia o2
arc air box
dc manifold
ecuflash (vishnu)

now ???whp
everything on top
intake pipe
hks bov kit w/tube
Hyper Voltage System
Forge Wastegate Acutator
Blitz Boost controller

Plans for the futur:
Cosworth cams
upgrade valve springs
AMS Turbo Kit
ARC intercooler
Koyo radiator
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I think that will reach 350whp on a Dynojet on 91oct, but if you add up the cost of all that stuff, your hp/$ is quite low.
The FMIC was a christmas gift from my girlfriend and my brother got me the injectors for christmas also. All the other expensive stuff, besides the manifold, I got for a good deal.

Good to know that I can reach the power I want on the stock turbo with these mods. I know the tune is what matters the most but will my motor be safe from knock & det on cali 91?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Oh btw guys this is a work in progress. I went back to stock a little while ago due to police issues, now that everything is cleared up I'm starting to mod again. This weekend I'm getting help from a friend to install the TBE, o2 housing, intake, and exhaust manifold. The only thing I don't have yet is the cams but I'm ordering those this week. Next week I'll be installing the FMIC and the rest of the parts.

Since I won't be getting tuned soon I still have to decide if I want to do the FP green upgrade or not. I don't mind the down time cause I don't need my evo since I have my beater 03 wrx. So with that in mind do you guys think it would be worth it to take out my stock turbo and have the FP green wheel upgrade done? Cause I'm worried that the stocker will run out of breath.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

you will easily have that..a evo in hawaii did 358awhp with no cams,no manifold.AMS IC with full piping,full 3 in rsr exhaust,02 housing,boost controller,and i think maybe one other small part but nothing big like cams etc...so you should be well over 350
Old Dec 30, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX
Oh btw guys this is a work in progress. I went back to stock a little while ago due to police issues, now that everything is cleared up I'm starting to mod again. This weekend I'm getting help from a friend to install the TBE, o2 housing, intake, and exhaust manifold. The only thing I don't have yet is the cams but I'm ordering those this week. Next week I'll be installing the FMIC and the rest of the parts.

Since I won't be getting tuned soon I still have to decide if I want to do the FP green upgrade or not. I don't mind the down time cause I don't need my evo since I have my beater 03 wrx. So with that in mind do you guys think it would be worth it to take out my stock turbo and have the FP green wheel upgrade done? Cause I'm worried that the stocker will run out of breath.

If you are in California, just go to Tuning Technologies. They have already done just what you are talking about: 350+whp, stock turbo, 91 octane. Go here to see for yourself: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=35252.0
See Ahmad D's chart in particular. Several other of those top charts are 91 octane as well, but I still researching that to be absolutely sure before claiming it.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

This is kind of off topic but I have a question... I'm going to move back to cali soon after my enlistment is up ... I plan on modding my car but I'm worried about the SMOG laws in cali.... are you guys having any problems with SMOG checks ?? Since running a TBE will pretty much make it fail ?? thanks
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

OT but what mods does Ahmad have? Those numbers are really sweet for that dyno, which tends to read lower than others I've seen.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Why don't you run some alky? You'll easily get anywhere from 350-400 on a dynojet depending on how conservative you want it tuned.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 34Turbo
Why don't you run some alky? You'll easily get anywhere from 350-400 on a dynojet depending on how conservative you want it tuned.
It's just something I don't want to do with the stock turbo. Pump gas is just easy, it's honestly a hassel if I have to worry about running out of alky or meth. I mean I'll run it if thats what it takes to be safe for the motor but if I don't have to then I'm not doing it. I just want to make decent power, not exactly 350 whp. My goal is to be running 11's or low 12's.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
If you are in California, just go to Tuning Technologies. They have already done just what you are talking about: 350+whp, stock turbo, 91 octane. Go here to see for yourself: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=35252.0
See Ahmad D's chart in particular. Several other of those top charts are 91 octane as well, but I still researching that to be absolutely sure before claiming it.
Great info! This helped me out a lot. I'm going to have Tuning tech do the tune so now I have a pretty good idea on what to expect with my mods.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 01:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by IfDontFITsPIT
This is kind of off topic but I have a question... I'm going to move back to cali soon after my enlistment is up ... I plan on modding my car but I'm worried about the SMOG laws in cali.... are you guys having any problems with SMOG checks ?? Since running a TBE will pretty much make it fail ?? thanks
You don't have to smog a new car until 5 years down the road. Rest easy my friend. When 5 years is up then start to worry like all hell.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
You don't have to smog a new car until 5 years down the road. Rest easy my friend. When 5 years is up then start to worry like all hell.
Its only 2 years here in NV, you lucky bastards!. I'd have an a fully built car on an EMS if it was like that here!!