Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

no oil

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check #1 plug also for damage of any kind. Running rich could mean back or inconsistant spark, bad compression/leak down test.
check #1
compression test
leak/down test.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

pull each one of your plugs and examine. compression test while your doing that.

That will tell you your story.

our cars hold 4.7 quarts of oil. If you put more than 2 in there. You've starved the car and caused some serious damage.

Your dipstick had oil on it when you pulled it out because the motor had been running and splashing what little it had around on it.

I had a front main oil leak was like 1 1/4 quart low hung a corner real hard and iddn't know i was that low on oil and i spun a rod bearing. My oil light never came on. Our oil lights dont come on till its to late.

Your car has a serious problem if you cant free rev it past 3500. If you can and it just sounds bad right around there. You've spun a bearing from oil starvation. If your car was that low on oil somethings seriously wrong buddy. Its not a boost leak. its nothing like that if its making metal on metal noise when you free rev it. however you telling me that your car isn't making boost makes me think boost leak.. But you telling me it makes awful noises and was missing a lot of oil.. Tells me you have no compression and thats why you have no boost or power. compression.. no turbo. no power.

Have fun with your money pit. This coming from somoeone whos spent 17,000 in mods already. I fell off the deepend when i had to build my motor.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

Ya check the damn clips, been there done that lol

Originally Posted by Toddevo 8
change the spark plugs. also check the intake scoop on the air box to make sure that the clip are in if not it can lift up to the underside of the hood and cut off the air trying to get in the engine and not run good. this did happen to a friend car and it took for ever to find out what is was.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
intercooler pippings check by the intake manitfold, happened to me and engine check light did come on
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:13 PM

The compression test showed between 175-180 on all 4 cylinders, and heres what the spark plugs look like.

Last edited by riceclown; Jan 5, 2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:29 AM

right now, I think I might have a spun bearing, or something with the turbo, possibly shaft proken?
From all the threads I searched throughm it says I would get a ticking/knock noise and eventually blow my piston rod out of the block. I never really identified a ticking/knock, compression seems fine, and after draining 2 quarts of oil I didn't really find any shavings.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:34 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds MAF sensor / IC coupler related.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:22 PM

For awhile I thought it was the MAF sensor too, I unplugged it and took the car around the block and it seemed exactly the same as the problem that I have, except it would studder at about 2000rpm rather than at 3000rpm. With the MAF unplugged I basicly experience all the symptoms of my problem excpet that they occur at 2000rpm.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:16 PM

just in case anyone was curios as to what was the problem, it was my CAT. the closest honeycombs to the downpipe were all blown out, like the first two rows of those honeycombs were blown out of place and in to many pieces, this in turn completely clogged up the cat. now I'm running a testpipe along with the other parts and all I can say is wow.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by riceclown
just in case anyone was curios as to what was the problem, it was my CAT. the closest honeycombs to the downpipe were all blown out, like the first two rows of those honeycombs were blown out of place and in to many pieces, this in turn completely clogged up the cat. now I'm running a testpipe along with the other parts and all I can say is wow.
its better a testpipe but bad for the our planet