Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Meth injection a band-aid?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
the oxygen in the waster does not get burn in the combution chamber, the water is merely turned into water vapor. the process of removing the oxygen from water is more complicated than just exposing H20 to extreme heat. if it was that easy, hydrogen powered car would be more rampid since it would be so easy to extract hydrogen from water, but that's not the case.

that being said, i wouldn't run an alky/water injection kit on my car because it adds another level liability to an already overly complicated engine (compared to NA) and i don't like the fact that you have to refill the system. i would rather add no maintenance parts like cams or upgrade turbo.

This is the correct answer. I wanted to see if "our friend" Warrlton knew the above.

However, if anyone figures out HOW to BURN WATER let me know. I'll buy you a new EVO if you can figure it out.

However, I thought the post sounded convincing
Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
This is the correct answer. I wanted to see if "our friend" Warrlton knew the above.

However, if anyone figures out HOW to BURN WATER let me know. I'll buy you a new EVO if you can figure it out.

Dig it deeper! Go! Go!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, we really believe that...nice try.

PS. Who and what is "Warrlton"? That word does not have "talon" in it.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Just curious, has anyone on here with meth injection ever hooked up egt probes to monitor each cylinder? I've always been concerned about it not distributing evenly, and having one of the cylinders run a bit lean.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, we really believe that...nice try.

PS. Who and what is "Warrlton"? That word does not have "talon" in it.
Whatever you say.

I'm off to split some molecules.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
using his logic, the turbo is a band-aid also then. That's just retarded.
In the end, this is the 1 statement that matters for this entire thread.

Originally Posted by John4321
Just curious, has anyone on here with meth injection ever hooked up egt probes to monitor each cylinder? I've always been concerned about it not distributing evenly, and having one of the cylinders run a bit lean.
hmmm

Note: When reading the thread title, i thought this thread was going to be about using Meth/Alky/Water injection, as a band-aid for a maxed out fuel system. Much to my dismay...
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Speaking of burning water: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_Fuel_Cell

Supposedly it was already done (Meyer's water-fueled car ruled to be a hoax by Ohio court). Conspiracy theories regarding Meyer's death are floating around as well...
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Bro
it sounds strange but some of the water actually gets burned up, heres a link to the explanation.

http://not2fast.wryday.com/thermo/wa..._chemistry.txt
Sorry but water doesn't "burn" in our road going engine. It takes A LOT more heat'pressure to break down the water molecue.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:10 PM
Bro

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
Sorry but water doesn't "burn" in our road going engine. It takes A LOT more heat'pressure to break down the water molecue.
OK, so it doesn't "BURN", it does chemically recombine with fuel to form CO2. Does that sound more acceptable?

Combustion is combining fuel with oxygen in a chemical reaction. With water injection some of the oxygen comes from the air and some comes from the water. you end up with co2. the same happens in your body, thats why you eat(fuel) breath in o2 and breath out co2. You don't really need alot of heat for combustion.

The info in the link I posted is correct. Water participates in the chemical reaction and helps bring the combustion of end gasses to completion. That is how water injection helps prevent detonation, cooling is a secondary benefit. The water itself does help cool the charge and the smoother burn means less heat created too.

H2o injection is not a band aid to cover up for crappy tuning, and it isn't just a way to cool charge air either.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Water is H2O Warrtalon. That is 33% Oxygen. That is over double the O content of air. Not only will water cool the temps but it raises the amount of Oxygen availible to burn in the combustion chamber. Primarily water is used to cool temps and prevent detonation but it promotes a cleaner burn as well.

In case you didn't know Oxygen in the air is what mixes with the gasoline and burns old chap.
Absolutely hilarious!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by John4321
Cylinder#3 seems to be the hottest burning and thats why when i put in my meth injection kit i had it right at the bend pointing straight at the throttle body opening rather than right next to the throttle body pointing at nothing but a wall about 2 inches away- depending on induction to suck it in evenly dispersed -- but with the air flowing at such high cfms maybe it doesn't matter!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bro
OK, so it doesn't "BURN", it does chemically recombine with fuel to form CO2. Does that sound more acceptable?

Combustion is combining fuel with oxygen in a chemical reaction. With water injection some of the oxygen comes from the air and some comes from the water. you end up with co2. the same happens in your body, thats why you eat(fuel) breath in o2 and breath out co2. You don't really need alot of heat for combustion.

The info in the link I posted is correct. Water participates in the chemical reaction and helps bring the combustion of end gasses to completion. That is how water injection helps prevent detonation, cooling is a secondary benefit. The water itself does help cool the charge and the smoother burn means less heat created too.

H2o injection is not a band aid to cover up for crappy tuning, and it isn't just a way to cool charge air either.

where do you guys come from????? No that doesn't sound more acceptable. You do realize that water is a product of combustion, not a feedstock, right? Jeeez, did Fischer Price start handing out diploma's.....

And no, you can't compare thermal oxidation (like our engines), to human digestion.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bro

Ummmm...no. This is 100% entirely wrong. Water does not chemically react with anything inside the combustion chamber. Ever had a leaking headgasket? Did you notice the huge cloud of steam coming out the back of the car? The only thing that happens to water in the combustion chamber is heat exchange (it takes in heat, and evaporates into a gas).
Old Jan 4, 2007, 06:37 PM
Bro

I didn't make this up, this stuff was heavily researched in the late 40s and early 50s and there are a number of scientific articles describing water injection and how it works.

The other comparison wasn't to digestion it was to oxidative phosphorylation and it is a classic too.

When I was researching water injection a few years ago I thought it was kinda interesting that the water is chemically active in the process, before I learned that I thought it just cools and vaporizes but I was wrong.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

It sounds like too many people have been smoking "meth" in stead of putting methanol in their cars.......Bad Bad LOL

Quick Reply: Meth injection a band-aid?