Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

SLS Turbo Manifold/Turbo Kits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 08:56 AM
SLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
Any details on the FMIC?
We use all Garrett cores ranging in sizes from 24x6x3.5 to 24x12x4.5. ll fabricated products are built in house so we can do custom endtanks or intlets/outlets to suite anyones needs.

Pictured is our 24x12x3.5 core.

Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

beautiful mani

hows the fitment and what else is needed? ie slim fan, oil & water lines, etc...

does the O2 housing route to the stock dp location???
Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:33 AM
SLS

Originally Posted by ries
beautiful mani

hows the fitment and what else is needed? ie slim fan, oil & water lines, etc...

does the O2 housing route to the stock dp location???

Slim fan is need, but we options to include them as well. Oil and water lines are included. Water lines are an option depends which turbo you use as if they are needed or not. We designed the 02 housing to bolt to aftermarket downpipes as we came across 75% of the EVO market already had a downpipe so there was no reason to replace it.

I will be posting up here shortly after lunch the full details and options specs currently available.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any actual results of the s256...

seems like a couple companies have been trying them on the evo and they have been flops...

im not to familiar with wastegate's, but they were trying internal wastegate's, versus your external setup.

another question concerning the front mount... ont he ix's there less of a whole in the bumper so more of it will be covered, how much would that effect the intercooler, reccomend getting a different bumper?

cheers!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 09:45 AM
SLS

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
any actual results of the s256...

seems like a couple companies have been trying them on the evo and they have been flops...

im not to familiar with wastegate's, but they were trying internal wastegate's, versus your external setup.

another question concerning the front mount... ont he ix's there less of a whole in the bumper so more of it will be covered, how much would that effect the intercooler, reccomend getting a different bumper?

cheers!
Currently those that have tried to test the 256 have been trying to use it in the Mitsu bolt on housing w/ internal gate. I did myself test that same unit a year ago and it did not work. I have ran the S256 in T3 housing external gate on numerous honda applications and it has made great power. Even on the SOHC Honda application it made 405whp @ 23psi and the motors do not move a whole lot of air.

As far as the S256 goes it is just one of the options of turbo's we have but we do use it on a lot of our stuff and have had good luck w/ it so we continue to use it.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

any dynos with that s256 turbo??
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
Yme
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLS
Slim fan is need, but we options to include them as well. Oil and water lines are included. Water lines are an option depends which turbo you use as if they are needed or not. We designed the 02 housing to bolt to aftermarket downpipes as we came across 75% of the EVO market already had a downpipe so there was no reason to replace it.

I will be posting up here shortly after lunch the full details and options specs currently available.
Cant wait
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLS
Currently those that have tried to test the 256 have been trying to use it in the Mitsu bolt on housing w/ internal gate. I did myself test that same unit a year ago and it did not work. I have ran the S256 in T3 housing external gate on numerous honda applications and it has made great power. Even on the SOHC Honda application it made 405whp @ 23psi and the motors do not move a whole lot of air.

As far as the S256 goes it is just one of the options of turbo's we have but we do use it on a lot of our stuff and have had good luck w/ it so we continue to use it.
I'm aware of the many options you guys offer, but the s256 is new to the evo community being that its somewhere in the middle of a 35r and regular 50 trim power wise with a quicker spool than a normal bb 50 trim.

if you could provide dyno results i'm sure that would be very helpful. if ya check over on the bushur thread there are at least 100 people waiting for good results. im sure about 1/2 of that wouldn't have a problem making the switch to you guys.

cheers!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

How does this turbo kit do on an 05 Evo VIII , with stage four mods? what kind of spool?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:01 AM
SLS

Originally Posted by Sgt Blamo
How does this turbo kit do on an 05 Evo VIII , with stage four mods? what kind of spool?
We're seeing full boost anywhere from 36-3800 on our 30R kit. We have not yet had the chance to dyno any other kits yet but we do have plans to do so in the near future. Although if anyone else is interested in testing a kit and returning us w/ some dyno #'s and a review we could work out some accomodation pricing.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLS
We're seeing full boost anywhere from 36-3800 on our 30R kit.
Is the 30r kit that you tested on an Evo? If so, are you basing that reading off visually monitoring a boost gauge? Usually they don't spool that quick, but just after 4k is fiesable; and we can see where the confusion lies if you were just monitoring a boost gauge.

Originally Posted by SLS
Although if anyone else is interested in testing a kit and returning us w/ some dyno #'s and a review we could work out some accomodation pricing.
I'll test a 37r kit from you and hit 600 whp on the stock block if you are willing to do it for $2k... Of course i would get you baseline, and pump numbers (etc.) as well.

I really like your manifold.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
that is very tempting on your offer up there. vip garage is also testing and making evo kits with this turbo. im waiting for there resolts and then i will be picking there kit up. but i must say your kit looks very nice. as the offer is hard for me to pass up and wait for where i was 1st looking it will be easy for another to pick this right up. nice work guys and g/l with it. and welcome to evom
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:33 AM
SLS

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Is the 30r kit that you tested on an Evo? If so, are you basing that reading off visually monitoring a boost gauge? Usually they don't spool that quick, but just after 4k is fiesable; and we can see where the confusion lies if you were just monitoring a boost gauge.

I'll test a 37r kit from you and hit 600 whp on the stock block if you are willing to do it for $2k... Of course i would get you baseline, and pump numbers (etc.) as well.

I really like your manifold.
AEM logs
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:36 AM
SLS

Originally Posted by evodan2004
that is very tempting on your offer up there. vip garage is also testing and making evo kits with this turbo. im waiting for there resolts and then i will be picking there kit up. but i must say your kit looks very nice. as the offer is hard for me to pass up and wait for where i was 1st looking it will be easy for another to pick this right up. nice work guys and g/l with it. and welcome to evom
We are not limited to or just supplying 1 turbo. We have full access to anything from Garrett to PTE to Borg Warner.

I know what power levels the S256 will make its just gonna be a matter of much boost its gonna take in refrence to the Honda we made 550 w/.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:42 AM
SLS

These are graphs are from testing we did w/ the S256 on a 98 Acura Integra GSR. The purpose of these graphs is to show the capabilties and power output the S256 is capable of.

22psi:

25psi:

30psi:

Quick Reply: SLS Turbo Manifold/Turbo Kits