Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Brian Crower Cams

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have before and after actual dyno graphs. I did pick up around 25hp with them though when I made my ECU+ dyno runs.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by h.funk
I wouldnt use them in my car personaly. Very poor reviews from vendors..
If youre going make a comment like that at least back up the claim.

My friend just got the 272s and with FMIC, turboback, intake, custom tune made 356whp. Pretty much right in line with HKS272s only HALF the price.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Everything that Brian Crower makes is junk. His Crap parts have cost me Thousands of $$$ He just got done sending me a check for full refunds but no labor cost. Ive had 3 Other friends of mine from these forums get checks back from him. Ill have a full List and pics of His crap real soon ...machine shop charges from trying to make his stuff work to 2 other machine shop bills from friends.

Crap shop and vendors to date on my **** list:
RNR
Brian Crower
Old Jan 5, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah my brother has his 272 cams in his 91 AWD too.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2
Everything that Brian Crower makes is junk. His Crap parts have cost me Thousands of $$$ He just got done sending me a check for full refunds but no labor cost. Ive had 3 Other friends of mine from these forums get checks back from him. Ill have a full List and pics of His crap real soon ...machine shop charges from trying to make his stuff work to 2 other machine shop bills from friends.

Crap shop and vendors to date on my **** list:
RNR
Brian Crower
I've read your issues and it really sounds like more of an issue with the engine builder rather than the parts. Hell..after all your issues with the stroker build you wrote this comment:
"Im running his 280s and head kit and have had good luck with them so far.
Ive been working with Brain Crower on the whole build and he has been awesome to deal with"
This was written just a month ago..after you had issues with the stroker build.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

dammit pst twice

Last edited by Paul Nelson; Jan 5, 2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by broeli
I've read your issues and it really sounds like more of an issue with the engine builder rather than the parts. Hell..after all your issues with the stroker build you wrote this comment:
Ive been working with Brain Crower on the whole build and he has been awesome to deal with"
I always give a vendor or owner more chance then one and always try and boost a person product but if you had a clue what I've been Thur which i will Post real soon you would feel the way i do. The engine builder worked directly with Brian and trying to make his kit work lol this is my 3rd crank ....which the others were junk. 2 different machine shops in the area had the same problems. The cams had to have the dowel pins cut to make them fit. I would say the only item that went well were the valves and springs. I even got a call from another person on this forum who lives over seas and is haven Brian's own recommended machine shop builder from the mid-west haven alot of problems. He flat out said that for the price of Brian kit $3000 which is advertised as fully balanced and ready to install there should be 0 problems. We have had to machine the rods, champ er bearings to almost machineing the crank which Brian said no to. Yes i have had good luck with the cams so far but i have only 1500miles before my motor blew. But haven to cut pins on the cams when i didn't have to do that with the hks cams makes me really nervous... anyways you guys decide for yourself.

Last edited by Paul Nelson; Jan 5, 2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by broeli
O and yeah i was being nice so i would get my check from Brian
Old Jan 5, 2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by geardog75
my brian crower 272 cams go on today. ill let you know what i think of them after my tune.
Let us know how it goes!!!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

cams install completed everything went together well no issues from the installer who was dynoinc. out of va beach. havent really hammered on it too hard till i get my car on the dyno next week. car idles great with a slight lope. definitly pulls harder in the upper rpms.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by geardog75
cams install completed everything went together well no issues from the installer who was dynoinc. out of va beach. havent really hammered on it too hard till i get my car on the dyno next week. car idles great with a slight lope. definitly pulls harder in the upper rpms.
Sounds good so far! did u change the springs and retainers too? Keep us posted!!!
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

I would also like to make a comment on how Brian Crower and Crower Racing products are different companies. I have Crower Racing Cams, Rods, Springs and Retainers in my 6 bolt 93 DSM and have had 0 problems with any of it for over 3 years. Ive ran these to 9K rpm and over and over again with abuse at the track. They are great products that are known for quality in the DSM World and were used by BR and Shep for a long time. Brain Crower have no relation to Crower Racing Products' Products.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whitey4d
I would also like to make a comment on how Brian Crower and Crower Racing products are different companies. I have Crower Racing Cams, Rods, Springs and Retainers in my 6 bolt 93 DSM and have had 0 problems with any of it for over 3 years. Ive ran these to 9K rpm and over and over again with abuse at the track. They are great products that are known for quality in the DSM World and were used by BR and Shep for a long time. Brain Crower have no relation to Crower Racing Products' Products.
Wrong. Yes he does. He was part of Crower Racing and broke off to specialize in import parts. Their parts are produced in the same facilities AND they make many other well known brands.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

I have BC 272 in my 05 mr and the car put 357awhp. Car has all the bolt ons and Turbo Trix Tune. Jeff and Mark were both impressed with the #'s the car put down for the dollar amount I paid for the cams. The car pulls great and I love them. Im actually going to upgrade to the 280 next week and see what they do. BC says should pick up more hp with the 280 so we will. But the BC272 are great and i love mine .

I would be SOON2BEVO friends and i am def happy with and cant complain.

Last edited by Spinsall4; Jan 7, 2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Spinsall4
I have BC 272 in my 05 mr and the car put 357awhp. Car has all the bolt ons and Turbo Trix Tune. Jeff and Mark were both impressed with the #'s the car put down for the dollar amount I paid for the cams. The car pulls great and I love them. Im actually going to upgrade to the 280 next week and see what they do. BC says should pick up more hp with the 280 so we will. But the BC272 are great and i love mine .

I would be SOON2BEVO friends and i am def happy with and cant complain.
Keep us posted on the power gains from the 272 to the 280's. Did u do springs and retainers also?

Quick Reply: Brian Crower Cams