Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Nitrous, Boost Leak?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous, Boost Leak?

Ok, heres whats going on. I just got a nitrous kit from my friend for 150 dollars, its three month old NX wet kit. Im going to be jetting it for a 50 shot, already talked to someone about the AFR's and all that mess, and will be getting a walbro 255l before I go with a 75 shot like I would like in the end. Now the main question I want to pose to you nitrous guys is the following. How do you tap the fogger into the upper intercooler pipe, and what do you use to seal around it so not to develop a massive boost leak. I already ran the main nitrous line to my trunk and cut the hole for my blowdown tube, all I have left is to tap the fuel line and connect the solonids, my WOT, deadmans(so I can launch and start spraying right in first), and arming switch. So, how do I prevent a boost leak. All help is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Im not a nitrous guy but your nozzle might be similiar to the ones used for meth/alky injection....can you weld the right size bung onto the uicp and screw in the nozzle w/ some teflon tape

sorry I cant really help, just throwin ideas out there....
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Aluminum IC pipes, not sure how to weld them, I know people with SS intakes on NA cars that have done this to ensure a good hold on the fogger. I really need to figure this out, I know theres guys on this site with nitrous, hows it done?
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i used auto goop for the meth nozzle... and just about everything...

i used it on my audi's meth kit nozzle for a year and it never showed any wear and tear and never had a problem

i got mine from the pep boys on university for 6$ all the way in the back of the store...

i have a big tube if u wanna swing by my store tomorrow..

cheers!
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:50 PM
Former Sponsor

make sure ya have everything striat or thats gonna be 2 blown up silver evo's inthe area =-p
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Ill make sure its good, try to keep the spray on the DL though, thats why this thread isnt on SFR.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

your motor is not going to last long ace. especially sprayin right in 1st gear. u might want to spray later say 3rd & 4th. i assume this is for drag racing cause nitrous serves about no other purpose
Old Jan 8, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

ummmmmm, why would it damage more in first than any other gears. just wondering, I really dont know much other than my small shot is no more damaging to a motor than meth injection is, and will only be used once in a while, rather than whenever I touch boost. If you know more than I do, and have a reason why my motors gonna go fast, please edjumacate me, but I know people with cars that have been running small shots of nitrous for years without being built, and have had no problems, im not gonna go nuts on it and spray a 150 shot like some people I know who have blown up.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 05:22 PM
Account Disabled

just use goop and you will be fine, if you have any other questions let me know...nitrous is definitely safe if used properly, I have a bunch of bottles through my evo and still going strong...
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KartaRailed
Ill make sure its good, try to keep the spray on the DL though, thats why this thread isnt on SFR.
time to clean up shop... there aren't any fast evo's around here except chris(mangook?) but i dont see him schooling every1
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Im in jacksonville though, theres a lot of fast evos floating around, none on the bottle though, so I should do a little damage, espcailly with the cams and meth coming in in a month or so, and AEM.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

oh boy.... there goes a good race between us lol
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

you had a good thread going till you mentioned nitrous + meth. What's the point of using both?
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
you had a good thread going till you mentioned nitrous + meth. What's the point of using both?
Ummmm, high boost and accelerated combustion? I know a few people running nitrous and meth in turbo trans ams.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KartaRailed
Ummmm, high boost and accelerated combustion? I know a few people running nitrous and meth in turbo trans ams.

Meth will effectively slow combustion by raising octane, allowing for more timing and higher boost. Nitrous will accelerate combustion due to a 02 rich environment, requiring less timing but not necessarily impacting boost. The two are diametrically opposed. I don't get it.

Quick Reply: Nitrous, Boost Leak?