Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TREperformance fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you read the post from Dave B. where he was having problems with his single HO setup, you'll see that he was using larger injectors (than he would have needed to if he had full pressure and volume at higher boost) and maxing out his injector open time as workarounds to not having enough fuel volume at higher pressures. You can do some of that with a standalone, but it's a bandaid fix with significant risk, particularly if you're not as experienced at tuning as Dave B., are not watching the wideband closely, etc.

My experience with high HP 4g63s is that most of them run into insufficient fuel problems without knowing it, either limiting the HP or blowing the motor when they go lean. You need an accurate fuel pressure gauge and a wideband to know exactly when you reach the point where fuel supply is a problem.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_VR4
If you read the post from Dave B. where he was having problems with his single HO setup, you'll see that he was using larger injectors (than he would have needed to if he had full pressure and volume at higher boost) and maxing out his injector open time as workarounds to not having enough fuel volume at higher pressures. You can do some of that with a standalone, but it's a bandaid fix with significant risk, particularly if you're not as experienced at tuning as Dave B., are not watching the wideband closely, etc.

My experience with high HP 4g63s is that most of them run into insufficient fuel problems without knowing it, either limiting the HP or blowing the motor when they go lean. You need an accurate fuel pressure gauge and a wideband to know exactly when you reach the point where fuel supply is a problem.

Your right. I asked the guy he was running 1600cc's upgraded fuel lines and wireing. The day i was there they ran testing all day on the car the pump craped out a week later. First street pass it went lean and just gave out. So he went with a weldon the same day he will never have fuel issuses ever again.

His tuner says it is a good pump for anything under 500whp it does the job for less the walbro. But once you get to the 500whp range you better start thinking dual pump setup.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Its a good thing i called before i try to back it up.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Your right. I asked the guy he was running 1600cc's upgraded fuel lines and wireing. The day i was there they ran testing all day on the car the pump craped out a week later. First street pass it went lean and just gave out. So he went with a weldon the same day he will never have fuel issuses ever again.

His tuner says it is a good pump for anything under 500whp it does the job for less the walbro. But once you get to the 500whp range you better start thinking dual pump setup.
Thanks for supporting our pumps. We hate to bring up old posts, and we do not go around random message boards spamming for business, but we do searches for our company and fuel pumps on yahoo/google to make sure threads relating to us have the correct information. If anyone has questions regarding our items you are always welcome to ask. We have had great success with these pumps, and have thousands of happy customers. The flow numbers are actually slightly higher than the original graph on our website, and were verified by RC Engineering(www.rceng.com). We are in the process of a complete redesign of the website to showcase more information and models of our fuel pumps, and new flowcharts will be available soon.

In regards to actual fuel flow, we tested at 13.5V, at 65 psi (43psi + 20lbs boost) the pumps will flow 190-195lph depending on model, capable of supporting an estimated 575 bhp. At 75 psi (43psi + 30lbs boost) flow is about 175lph good for about 525 bhp.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Naw its not theses pumps have been around for some time now. They work great. One pump is good for around 650 then it starts to break up with all stock fuel lines and fpr, rail. If you where to upgrade everything this single pump should be good for 750 maybe a lil less just becasue its not as restrictive.
are you straight up lying??? https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=244511

We went over this a few days ago. I got some input back from my budy that ran this a long time ago.

He got 590whp at 29psi. But it didnt last long only a few days then craped out. Now he is running a weldon which he will never have any issuses with fuel ever and i mean ever again.

But this pump is great for any evo that has under 500whp once you pass that mark you should look into getting a dual pump setup.
i think it was a good choice of mine to never listen to anything you have to say.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TREperformance
Thanks for supporting our pumps. We hate to bring up old posts, and we do not go around random message boards spamming for business, but we do searches for our company and fuel pumps on yahoo/google to make sure threads relating to us have the correct information. If anyone has questions regarding our items you are always welcome to ask. We have had great success with these pumps, and have thousands of happy customers. The flow numbers are actually slightly higher than the original graph on our website, and were verified by RC Engineering(www.rceng.com). We are in the process of a complete redesign of the website to showcase more information and models of our fuel pumps, and new flowcharts will be available soon.

In regards to actual fuel flow, we tested at 13.5V, at 65 psi (43psi + 20lbs boost) the pumps will flow 190-195lph depending on model, capable of supporting an estimated 575 bhp. At 75 psi (43psi + 30lbs boost) flow is about 175lph good for about 525 bhp.
please more info. be a part of this community.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

so what is the general consensus?
Old May 2, 2008, 01:18 AM

I got one.
Testing...
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Any update on the TREPerformace fuel pump and how it has worked out? Is anyone else using this fuel pump and if so who do you like it? Is it silent or dose it make noise and if so how much and is it very noticeable?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 06:11 PM

Bump?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you kidding me bumping a 3 year old thread. That pump is garbage as the flow is low compared to the modified regular walbro. The best pump for drop in is the double pumper, or the new walbro 400 Lph, after modifying the housing to make it fit. map sells it
Old Nov 6, 2011, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Broham
Are you kidding me bumping a 3 year old thread. That pump is garbage as the flow is low compared to the modified regular walbro. The best pump for drop in is the double pumper, or the new walbro 400 Lph, after modifying the housing to make it fit. map sells it
No, I am not kidding you, didn't mean violate the 3yr no post policy.

If the TRE is crap as you say it is than why is it still available today and people are buying it with positive comments on various forms?

Have you own one? Have you ever tested one? How do you know that the pump is crap? What experience do you have with it? Looking for information from those that might have used this pump. Would like to hear more information on why it is or is not crap?

Does anyone with experience have any information on this pump, TRE-342?

Last edited by EVOXTCY; Nov 6, 2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 02:26 PM

Good fuel pumps and products.

Last edited by bigdogsk84life; Mar 14, 2014 at 11:41 AM.