Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TREperformance fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TREperformance fuel pump

i bought a TRE performance fuel pump from a dealer and he says its better the the walbro is this a good fuel pump or should i take it back
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

why would you buy anything but the walbro?
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

because it was at a local shop and could pick it up and he said it was walbro on phone when i got there it was the TRE and he said its better then walbro
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

it could be one of those modified ones...but they are used in 600+whp cars...I would just go with the standard one at about half the price...
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

How much did you spend? I found them online for $70 plus shipping. Apparently, they have a 1 year replacement warranty.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Yes these pumps are better then walbro.

There are a few points that make it better the way the pump is setup it can make more power then walbro i really cant explane how it works its all in the way the pump is made something like the way B/R makes the walbro put more output its like the same thing.

The coating on the outside of the pump takes heat better which is huge as far as the life of the pump goes so it will last longer. Cooler pump = better gas flow.

Im going to have to say you made a good choice on your buy budy and its a bolt on as well it should only take you about 10mins to change.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

thanks thats what i wanted to hear could i just follow walbro install diy

and i also purchased turbonetics mbc any good thanks
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binh
it could be one of those modified ones...but they are used in 600+whp cars...I would just go with the standard one at about half the price...

Naw its not theses pumps have been around for some time now. They work great. One pump is good for around 650 then it starts to break up with all stock fuel lines and fpr, rail. If you where to upgrade everything this single pump should be good for 750 maybe a lil less just becasue its not as restrictive.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evilevo22
thanks thats what i wanted to hear could i just follow walbro install diy

and i also purchased turbonetics mbc any good thanks

I dont know about that. I have the AEM with the gm b/c i had the AMS mbc at one point but that was a piece of crap.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

so i am happy with fuel pump without a tune how much whp will this add and after tune about 20 correct

now is the turbonetics mbc good or should i take it back
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=evilevo22;3839685]so i am happy with fuel pump without a tune how much whp will this add and after tune about 20 correct

Huh???????? I have never heard about anyone making power from just bolting in a fuel pump
Old Jan 8, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

[quote=Talonmotosports;3839805]
Originally Posted by evilevo22
so i am happy with fuel pump without a tune how much whp will this add and after tune about 20 correct

Huh???????? I have never heard about anyone making power from just bolting in a fuel pump

If you get a tune if your car is still on stock tune it will add hp the pump is a safety factor.

So yes talon is right it wont just bolt on power.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd like to see more information on this pump. I haven't seen anyone using them yet...

Does anyone have more feedback?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Yes these pumps are better then walbro.

There are a few points that make it better the way the pump is setup it can make more power then walbro i really cant explane how it works its all in the way the pump is made

The coating on the outside of the pump takes heat better which is huge as far as the life of the pump goes so it will last longer. Cooler pump = better gas flow.
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170

One pump is good for around 650 then it starts to break up with all stock fuel lines and fpr, rail. If you where to upgrade everything this single pump should be good for 750 maybe a lil less just becasue its not as restrictive.
Just in case someone reads this and actually believes it without further research, I'll set the record straight. In terms of build quality, I've nothing to offer, as I've not held one or used one of the TREperformance pumps. They claim that their pumps are quieter than a Walbro, and they offer a one year warranty, claiming to have sold 10,000 of them or so... Your call on the issue of reliability. History has shown that Walbros are not the most reliable pump, either...

In terms of output, THESE PUMPS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING HIGH HP applications in an Evo at the boost pressure that an Evo requires to make high HP in single pump configurations. Look at the volume/pressure chart on the TREperformance web page http://www.treperformance.com/FuelPu...FuelPumps.html and you'll see that at 65 PSI (which is approximately base fuel pressure of 43lbs + compensation for 20 lbs of boost), this pump outputs approximately 140 liters per hour. At 70 PSI (25 lbs boost), the pump outputs about 130 liters per hour. If you're running a motor that can make 600HP without a turbo, or at lower turbo boost, then the pump can support higher volume (at these lower pressures), but that's not ordinarily the case with high HP Evo motors.

Buschur ran out of fuel at 530HP with a single Buschur modified Walbro High Output pump, which has stronger pressure/volume characteristics than this pump. No way this pump will carry higher HP than Buschur's H.O. in a single pump configuration. Probably not more than a 255 Walbro, either, although I'll leave you to check the Walbro flows for comparison.

Fuel volume AT THE PRESSURE REQUIRED is the critical calculation that must always be made. Don't assume anything without doing the calculations! Know how much fuel your motor will require for your HP goals, and then make sure your fuel system will deliver 20% more than is needed at the pressure you'll need. Don't go cheap on a pump, or when you're motor goes lean from pump lack of output or failure, you'll get to pay for a full rebuild. Proper supporting mods are the safety margin that is necessary for high performance.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Jan 9, 2007 at 08:47 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

You do have a point which i agree with you. I have seen this pump on a 37R 2.4L evo @ 29psi Ran up to 590whp without a problem. I wish i had the dyno sheet to show you. This has been tested.

If i had my car back i would test it out but i have upgraded fuel system in my car. So it wouldnt be the same as a car with stock lines and wireing.

But i agree with you 100% now that i look at the charts. But then i dont get why he would be able to run it up to 29psi without any problems and get the whp he got. If i right he runs a weldon fuel pump now so it would be pointless to ask the guy how the pump setup worked. Ill call him and find out.

Quick Reply: TREperformance fuel pump