Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

20G LT, 1st. day review.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by -=SPECTRE=-
How do you figure it has "stock like spool" when it's hitting peak boost at 5,500 rpm? A stock 9 turbo hits peak boost at about 3,500 rpm.
I think that is because of the 'hump' that ppl are seeing with the upgraded actuator on the 20g-LT. Just use his 3700 RPM for 20 PSI number for a better comparison.

I look at a few of my boost logs when I just had TBE and I am getting to 20 psi in the 3200 range. My 272/264 cams seems to have helped spool by another 100-150 RPM or so, but I haven't done enough logging yet, since the cams were just put in. But, on stock turbo, I would now expect 20 psi around 3100 RPM.

Still, 3700 RPM isn't too bad.

Eric
Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR. Birdie
I'll let you guys how this turbo perform on the Evo 9 this saturday. I already have an appointment to get my car re-tune with this turbo being install and GSC S1 cams.
wanna see power!!!
Old Jan 13, 2007, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Manny,

Here's the link I was telling you about with the modified stock manifolds:

http://www.paradigmperformance.net/p.../manifold.html

Scroll down for the pics.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

How do you figure it has "stock like spool" when it's hitting peak boost at 5,500 rpm? A stock 9 turbo hits peak boost at about 3,500 rpm.
Show me one of your logs where you have your boost set at 25 psi and it hits it right at 3500 rpms like you are saying on the stock turbo!

It depends on your mods and tuning.
The graph was so that everyone gets an idea of the boost curve. Each car and set up is different, even on the stock turbo, you can get different curves.

Take a look at this other pic, my old stock turbo.
See how I did not hit full boost until 7800 rpms. The curve can be manipulated with the fancy electronics, .

But, if you look at the whole graph, and look at the 20G LT one I posted earlier, you can see that as both turbos spool, the graph looks almost identical. Both going almost vertical at the bigining of the spool. I like an almost vertical boost curve at the begining of the spool, what ever turbo. I think everyone does. This turbo spools almost like stock, you can believe it or not. I showed my side of the story. Only thing left now is to try this bad boy in action, .
That is what I wanted you guys to see.
Attached Thumbnails 20G LT, 1st. day review.-stockturboooooooooooo.jpg  
Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Forge
Manny,

Here's the link I was telling you about with the modified stock manifolds:

http://www.paradigmperformance.net/p.../manifold.html

Scroll down for the pics.
Mike, that is nice. Now I want one, .
May be in a few months I can change mine.
Thanks for the link.

Eddie, Jose, Ruben,Manny, Miguel, Mr. Buschur, everybody, thanks for the kind words, .
You guys are next, .
Except for Mr. Buschur, he is got a barn full of all kinds of 4G63's and Turbos, so he does not need to upgrade.

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Jan 13, 2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
Show me one of your logs where you have your boost set at 25 psi and it hits it right at 3500 rpms like you are saying on the stock turbo!
I'm tuned for 24psi on pump. Peak torque at 3600rpm, 24psi at 3589rpm. And that's logged w/ a Kavlico MAP sensor, not a palm pilot.

The 20G-LT looks great, but calling it "stock like" based on your logs is simply misleading to those with questions about it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
pull14.zip (3.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by -=SPECTRE=-; Jan 13, 2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Update 1-13-2007

I got around to making a log of the boost curve on the 20G Lt.
The following was a 3rd. gear run from about 2,300 rpms to about
7,500 rpms. At 3,710 rpms the boost was right at 20.0 psi. On
the picture, you can see the boost was at 20.9 at 3,850 rpms, and
at 5,100 rpms it peak’d at 25.5 psi. Then, at 7,450 it held
boost at 23.0 psi.
As the graph shows, the dark tall line is the boost curve. You can
See how fast the turbo spools. You can also see that there is a
Very minimal spool lag between 4,000 rpms and 5,100 rpms, but the
Car is reving so fast, this can only be seeing on this graph.
This is just a graph to show the stock like spool up of the 20G LT
Turbo and that it can hold good boost to redline.
Manie
When I first put this turbo on my boost would taper bad but i was on the stock BOV, i just replaced the the old one with a new EVO 9 bov and now my boost is doing the exact same thing as yours....exactly
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

I'm tuned for 24psi on pump. Peak torque at 3600rpm, 24psi at 3589rpm. And that's logged w/ a Kavlico MAP sensor, not a palm pilot.

The 20G-LT looks great, but calling it "stock like" based on your logs is simply misleading to those with questions about it.
You can lead a Horse to water, but you can't make him drink!

So I am misleading those with questions ha?
The makers of this turbo, Buschur Racing and FP both say the same thing. "Spools allmost like stock". They tested it and now I have it on my on car and have tested it. Do you have it on your car? Have you been on another Evo with this turbo on it? If the answer is no, then please don't say any more. I am the one helping others here understand. You are creating trouble.
If you do have this turbo on your car and believe I am misleading others, then post your own thread and prove it to us.
At least you can see my logs in plain black and white. Your log I could not open, and Windows XP can't find a program online to open it. So it is useless to us. At least work a little and make it so we can see it.
And it is not a Palm Pilot I am using. It is a combination of the Greedy E-01 and the Innovative LC-1/XD-1 Wideband. A $1,069.00 combination.
I will not comment with you on this any more. All you are doing .

Follow this link and read the 1st. paragraph written by the gentleman who developed and sells the turbo. https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...4f5de24a07426e

Follow this other link, and read the paragraph right above from where the 1st. pictures begin, written by the manufacturer of the turbo: http://linux.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Lancer_Turbo

If you don't believe the Sellers, Designers and Producers of this product, and my review in this thread, then you are just someone looking for an argument. You are now done.

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Jan 13, 2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

You can lead a Horse to water, but you can't make him drink!

So I am misleading those with questions ha?
The makers of this turbo, Buschur Racing and FP both say the same thing. "Spools allmost like stock". They tested it and now I have it on my on car and have tested it. Do you have it on your car? Have you been on another Evo with this turbo on it? If the answer is no, then please don't say any more. I am the one helping others here understand. You are creating trouble.
If you do have this turbo on your car and believe I am misleading others, then post your own thread and prove it to us.
At least you can see my logs in plain black and white. Your log I could not open, and Windows XP can't find a program online to open it. So it is useless to us. At least work a little and make it so we can see it.
And it is not a Palm Pilot I am using. It is a combination of the Greedy E-01 and the Innovative LC-1/XD-1 Wideband. A $1,069.00 combination.
I will not comment with you on this any more. All you are doing .

Follow this link and read the 1st. paragraph written by the gentleman who developed and sells the turbo. https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...4f5de24a07426e

Follow this other link, and read the paragraph right above from where the 1st. pictures begin, written by the manufacturer of the turbo: http://linux.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Lancer_Turbo

If you don't believe the Sellers, Designers and Producers of this product, and my review in this thread, then you are just someone looking for an argument. You are now done.
MAANNNIIIEEE!!!!!! You out here arguing again, oh man, every time with you.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

I couldn't open that link either!
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking at my logs, the difference in the RPM I hit full boost at with this turbo and on the stock turbo is so small that it probably falls withing the sampling rate of the datalogger (DSMlink). I can say for certain that it is less than 100 rpm. Add to that the fact that I can not tell any difference from the seat of my pants between the two turbos as far as lag goes, and I will say that this turbo easily qualifies for "stock-like spool." I think the fact that I can't tell the difference, and I've run at least 15 different turbos on DSMs over the years, outweighs any numbers that you could collect. If the numbers say boost threshold is increased 75 rpm, but you can't tell the difference, who gives a ****? Holy ****...
Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kjewer1
Looking at my logs, the difference in the RPM I hit full boost at with this turbo and on the stock turbo is so small that it probably falls withing the sampling rate of the datalogger (DSMlink). I can say for certain that it is less than 100 rpm. Add to that the fact that I can not tell any difference from the seat of my pants between the two turbos as far as lag goes, and I will say that this turbo easily qualifies for "stock-like spool." I think the fact that I can't tell the difference, and I've run at least 15 different turbos on DSMs over the years, outweighs any numbers that you could collect. If the numbers say boost threshold is increased 75 rpm, but you can't tell the difference, who gives a ****? Holy ****...
, , . Home run.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
At least you can see my logs in plain black and white. Your log I could not open, and Windows XP can't find a program online to open it. So it is useless to us.

Here you go:

Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

At least you can see my logs in plain black and white. Your log I could not open, and Windows XP can't find a program online to open it. So it is useless to us.
It's a Zeitronix log, you can get the viewer from Zeitronix.com. Here's a screen cap to help you.

Bottom line, you said the 20G-LT on your car has"stock like spool" and then you say you hit your target boost at 5500rpm. I don't care what planet you're from, that's not "stock like" by any definition.
Attached Thumbnails 20G LT, 1st. day review.-pull14.gif  
Old Jan 14, 2007, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Nice, clean log.
But, the boost of 24.10 psi is at 3801 rpms. That is 300 rpms later than what was sayed.
Also peak bost is at 24.10 psi. The log I posted and he questioned had a peak boost of 25.5 psi.
I understand he was tuned for 24 psi, but had he tuned the boost for 25 plus, he would have hit it at a higher rpm. More close to 3900. No where around the 3500 rpms he claimed.
At any rate, his tune looks good and I am sure he is enjoying it.

Mean time, please go back and review again what has been sayed and posted in this thread. Spool is almost like stock turbo. Sooner or later I hope you believe this.

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Jan 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM.

Quick Reply: 20G LT, 1st. day review.