Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS sequential Tranny

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can get a sequnetial shifter that will work with any 5 speed Evo box! much cheaper than trying to buy a complete sequential box! also this means you can get all the upgrades that you normal would (ie dog gears and such) that you would on a normal 5 speeder.

Norris designs are running one in Si's car. works amazing and gives lighting fast changes! hes also has a dog box in there and the sequential shifter.

thanks Chris.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Chris, have you seen one work in person? I personally have not, I just have read and spoken to those who have and they've said its a pain in the *** to set up and isnt bulletproof, although very cool.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by feldguy
Chris, have you seen one work in person? I personally have not, I just have read and spoken to those who have and they've said its a pain in the *** to set up and isnt bulletproof, although very cool.
not seen it in person no mate. but here are a load of vids on a very special Evo that does use one!

http://www.norrisdesigns.com/videos-evo9.asp

Chris.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by feldguy
And also, I wasnt going to say this for certain, but the AMS team is still running just a shep trans built stocker out of their car.
They are running a Hollinger last I was aware.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

gsnt
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Drives: 1991 Galant VR-4, AMS Evo VIII shop car

Send a message via ICQ to gsnt Send a message via AIM to gsnt Send a message via Yahoo to gsnt

We are definatly still running a basic Shep rebuilt '03 trans. A dogbox may become a necessity here soon as we approach and pass 170 mph. The rpm's are very high in 4th gear and I have to keep into gas until the chute engages, which puts furter undo stress onto the motor at very high rpms.

7's? Lots more suspension and aero work, 25.5 rollcage, more power, less weight, and probably a few pairs of clean boxers along the way....

Fastest and quickest Evo VIII in the universe and surrounding states!

Thats from another thread. A hollinger would add to the performance, but on their opening page, the intro of one of their faster passes, you can see him throwing down the gears. No sequential box there. Plus I'd imagine they'd start with a dog box before going with an almost 20k transmission

Last edited by feldguy; Jul 6, 2007 at 10:41 PM.