Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

for those running 35R with stock block and ecu

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There is nothing plug and play, the closest you'll get is something like the ECU+ or MAFT Gen2 or Pro.

The connections are actually very easy to make with the proflow setup I have, but at this point its no longer available and I wouldn't hold your breath on getting one easily.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThEHiTMaN
I agree.... 1st gear is rather useless, 2nd is getting going, and 3rd and 4th you are there... It all depends on where your "encounters" find you. Just so happens every "race" I do is from a roll and the 35R loves to do that.
The right combo is key but there is just something about a big turbo.. The best way to describe it is how my 600cc bike feels, you have to really wind that thing up to get it moving 10K+ rpm but once you are there its honkin but if you are not in the sweet spot then you are lost.
Exactly ^, when you get cams look at your dyno sheet and see where your making the power. With my hks272s its 5,500 rpm and up soo to use that power i have to wind out the motor anyway. I rather have lag and smoke other cars then have "quick spool" and get spanked. I get alot more joy out of beating cobra and vett owners then the joy i would get out of quick spool .
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
But with all things being equal, wouldn't a 50Trim make more power then a GT35R on straight 93 Octane gas? Not to mention the extra Torque.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
But with all things being equal, wouldn't a 50Trim make more power then a GT35R on straight 93 Octane gas? Not to mention the extra Torque.
No you would have more of a power band and make close to the same power. But if you run the 50 trim at 23psi and then run the 35r at 23psi the 35r is still pushing more air. So your going to make more power with a 35r just not have a nice power band like you would with the 50 trim.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Absolutely, the 20g's and most stock turbo's will kick the crap out of the normal GT35R car up to 100 mph on pump gas, it isn't even a race.

I don't get it. PSI for PSI a 35R will make more power than a 20g right?

Then how does a 35R get beat to a 100 mph?

35R should be able to do mid-10's, while a 20G should be able to do mid-11's. So how does a 35R get beat to 100mph???
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crcain

I don't get it. PSI for PSI a 35R will make more power than a 20g right?

Then how does a 35R get beat to a 100 mph?

35R should be able to do mid-10's, while a 20G should be able to do mid-11's. So how does a 35R get beat to 100mph???
It will beat it up to 100 mph if you do the stupid lets both start at low rpms and punch it .
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Given the same conditions and exactly the same driving style, the smaller turbo will pull ahead earlier, then the 35r will catch up..

In other words, if you both were at a roll, at the same speed, starting at about the same RPM, the smaller turbo will produce the torque faster and earlier, giving the car with the smaller turbo a bit of a lead.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Given the same conditions and exactly the same driving style, the smaller turbo will pull ahead earlier, then the 35r will catch up..

In other words, if you both were at a roll, at the same speed, starting at about the same RPM, the smaller turbo will produce the torque faster and earlier, giving the car with the smaller turbo a bit of a lead.
I just dont understand why people try to compare them by doing low rpm pulls? You could do a low rpm pull with a stock civic and it will jump ahead for a little but it doesnt mean its faster
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah that was kinda the point of my earlier post.. as you need to adjust your driving style. However given two drivers who are familiar with their cars, making similar power, the smaller turbo car will make the power earlier, and it will pull ahead until the bigger turbo car is in its power band.. However in order to pass, it needs to make more power for a longer duration to catch up.. This is where the top-end comes in. But if you have a pump gas 35r setup, it will have a hard time passing, but it will eventually catch up..
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Yeah that was kinda the point of my earlier post.. as you need to adjust your driving style. However given two drivers who are familiar with their cars, making similar power, the smaller turbo car will make the power earlier, and it will pull ahead until the bigger turbo car is in its power band.. However in order to pass, it needs to make more power for a longer duration to catch up.. This is where the top-end comes in. But if you have a pump gas 35r setup, it will have a hard time passing, but it will eventually catch up..
Yeah i can see that if maby the person isnt use to a big turbo yet. But if the person with the 35r knows how to drive/use it the 35r will blow the other turbos away. Break boost + high rpm = bye bye little turbo .
Old Jan 13, 2007, 09:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Well, until I experience otherwise (as I haven't done much with my 35r yet) I won't rule out getting a smackdown from a nicely prepared small turbo car.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

If your running the same boost you will never get a smackdown from a small turbo.. If the car has a 50trim with alky then yeah but if you have alky with your 35r bye bye.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

I love how people with little to no experience will hijack a thread and argue until they are blue in the face with someone who has "been there, done that".

What's even funnier is when they misspell their own screen name. Hopefully one day soon schools will teach proper English again.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
I love how people with little to no experience will hijack a thread and argue until they are blue in the face with someone who has "been there, done that".

What's even funnier is when they misspell their own screen name. Hopefully one day soon schools will teach proper English again.

who exactly are you crying about
Old Jan 13, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
From Page 3, the hitman, when I said my car is worthless in 1st and 2nd gear I didn't mean because it was laggy, I meant because the car spings all four tires so hard it doesn't accelerate! The tach just pegs the 9,000 rpm and sits there with the tires spinning.

Quick Reply: for those running 35R with stock block and ecu