Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What your EVO needs for a fuel system, facts.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
so mr buschur... will a denso 50mm pump fit (singly) into your rig?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll get on your fuel pump assembly as soon as it gets there.

trinydex, I looked at it today and do not think I can fit two denso in there. Putting in one makes no sense. Actually, putting in any Denso pump makes no sense. There is enough fuel available from the to Walbro pumps to supply in excess of 1,000 hp.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am deffinately interested in seeing the test data when you have the twin pump, 'y' fitting and filter tested as a complete unit by kinsler.

Last edited by fatbastard; Jan 16, 2007 at 12:43 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I'll get on your fuel pump assembly as soon as it gets there.

trinydex, I looked at it today and do not think I can fit two denso in there. Putting in one makes no sense. Actually, putting in any Denso pump makes no sense. There is enough fuel available from the to Walbro pumps to supply in excess of 1,000 hp.
putting in 1 50mm would get about as much as the normal walbro without the noise and failure ratings
Old Jan 16, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

I have sold literally HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of Walbro pumps in just the last 3 years. We maybe have seen 3 total fail. The failure rate is as good as any pump, including the Denso's. As for noise, if you can hear a Walbro pump running once the car is started you must be part German Shepherd
Old Jan 16, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Very nice to seeother options. David i PM'd you with some questions on my set up.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

PM answered.

Also, all double pumpers that have been built are shipped. Enjoy guys.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

David thank you ,I called Nick to find out if you received the pump .He said
it was already shipped out. That service is unheard of,Dave Buschur is number
one with service.Dave I was shocked when you took time out from your
busy schedule to call me back and answer some questions I had.Most venders
will not call you back ,let alone the president.
Thanks again Tom
Old Jan 16, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

No problem Tom. Hope you are very happy with it. I also hope someone put the instructions in it as I just thought about it and forgot to hand them to Nick when I gave him your completed pump. If they are not in there call us and we can fax them or even e-mail them.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

BREAKING NEWS.

In the very near future we will be able to build our double pumper, as pictured, with dual -6 AN outlets that go into either a -8 or -10 feed line. I am only offering this because of the competition Had I been left to build the systems with the stock feed/return lines I'd have been happy with our system.

I have new outlet fittings being machined to make this possible.

BTW, Al Friedmans car is running a fuel cell, with our twin HO pumps, twin -6 outlets with a single -8 feed line to the rail. We've made almost 800 whp on our dyno with his car, this is very close to 1000 flywheel with A LOT of fuel left over.

The pricing on the AN fitting fuel system won't go up very much in price.

Last edited by David Buschur; Jan 17, 2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

First off, why do you feel the need to put in a Denso pump? Here's more fuel than anyone is going to use. I just don't get it. Two Denso pumps are not going to fit. There isn't enough room to get them side by side with fittings on the tank top. There is also NO need for two Denso pumps.

The Denso 1020/Supra TT pumps flow a little more than a standard Walbro up to about 70psi, and then are pretty much the same above that. It's not way more than anyone would need. I personally, as well as friends, have had too many bad expierences with Walbro pumps. I dont trust them, and they are loud. When the fuel is cold, or it is cold outside they're not too bad. It's when they heat up they get loud, sometimes really loud. What do you have against Denso pumps?

I'm not saying you wrong, I'm sure you've had great luck with Walbro pumps, but I have not. It seems quite a few other people have not either, so when I ask about alternatives it's not to argue. People have preferences, and this is mine.

What about Weldon 600A's? Would those possibly work? If not, is there ANYTHING other than Walbro's that will?

Like I said, I dont want to start a pissing match, I trust your advice more than anyone when it comes to 4g63's. This is just a preference, and am open to any options you think will work. I need enough fuel to support 650whp on your dyno, or maybe 725whp on a dynojet. Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

frenchy, 1200 flywheel HP isn't more than anyone is going to need? That's what the twin pumps flow for fuel.

Enough fuel to support 650 whp on our dyno, our twin standard Walbro's will work for you.

I asked my father today how many Walbros have come back failed, he is our shipper and unboxes every part that comes in and goes out. He said he had a call a few weeks ago about one that failed that never came back. Other than that call he has never sent one back out for a warranty of a failed pump.

I have gotten a few PM's saying others have had the pumps fail too. We personally have not scene this.

The Weldon pump will not work, it is too long. The twin Denso's will not work, the fitting spacing, not enough room.

I have nothing against Denso pumps, sold them for years and years. The Walbro's are cheaper, work extremely well, fit in this double pumper perfectly and I don't see them failing.

I don't know if you all know this but there is a BUNCH of Chinese knock off pumps on the market. I can buy these pumps WITH the Walbro logo on them for $19. I do not sell them and the companies that do and have approached me I have told to go **** themselves.

I am wondering if these are the pumps you guys have gotten that have failed? I asked one of the guys that contacted me to send me his failed pump. He has gone through 3 of them. Unreal.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
BREAKING NEWS.

BTW, Al Friedmans car is running a fuel cell, with out twin HO pumps, twin -6 outlets with a single -8 feed line to the rail. We've made almost 800 whp on our dyno with his car, this is very close to 1000 flywheel with A LOT of fuel left over.
Dave, did you mean "with our"?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome write up David, I was curious if you guys had any tests done with E85. I know you mentioned that you were testing that type of fuel. Im anxious to see someone push the envelope with that one.
+1, I'm eager to see how E85 does and how much larger injectors need to be. Unfortunately, E85 isn't available where I live now.

David, thank you for sharing your knowledge and for making awesome products without price-gouging. As soon as I'm done with the military, I will be making a road-trip to Wakeman!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

covr4, yes I did mean with OUR pumps. I changed it, thanks that was a rather big mistake

See you when you're done arpad. Be careful.