Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Cheap gas over 91 octane

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2003, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reilly, I owe you my first born (I'll want to give it away anyway!!).

I drive through Los Banos EVERY Friday night and EVERY Sunday night on my way to and from this ****hole called San Francisco.... back to paradise in the Sierra foothills. (I work up here.. sucks!)

So, the 76 station, right in the middle of Los Banos, on the South side of the stree ... kinda near the 2 Chevron stations, right?

Will check it out Friday night, and if they have it, that is my new regular supply of gas. THANKS MAN!

Dude, I just refinanced my house also... that was how I ended up with the Evo. Great timing. BTW, I got 5.62% 30yr fixed, but my folks just last week locked 5.48%.... Good luck on it!!

here's to you
Old May 27, 2003, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL....I already have a rug rat, 8months old, thanks.

I will check around Madera the next time I'm there this week. I drive all over for work, Fresno to Los Banos/Gustine/Livingston/Merced.

Old May 28, 2003, 02:12 PM

Nice to see another person close to home svillata Don't have my evo yet either That's at the end of the year or early next Pictures sounds great!
Old May 28, 2003, 02:13 PM

There is a red EVO here in Fresno somewhere. I spotted it on mothers day. I almost drove off the road not paying attention staring at it! I talked to my friends I guess he's family of some friend of mine. *shrugs* Havne't seen him since though
Old May 29, 2003, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

everybody i talk to has seen the red one. Asian kid (17yrs old??) going around town trying to race everybody, dad bought him the car, beats it to hell, destroyed the clutch at 500 miles, and the dealer was pretty pissed off. covered it this time as "good will" but said it was obvious abuse and won;t cover it again.

this is all the rumors.... so who knows what's true or not. I don;t know the guy... could be a really cool kid, just having some fun.. probably is. Hope to see him. i know there is a black one (new last week) another red one and at least one white one in Fresno, cuz the dealer sold those to local guys. Oh, and another black one in Oakhurst.

when you guys get yours, get in touch and lets all meet . like i said, i don;t race (i know you do... you're gonna have FUN!!), but meeting up in the hills in Coarsegold would be cool, cuz I know a great little 25 mile drive you MUST take the Evo on. Good, twisty road, no traffic. Not racing, just "spirited" driving.
Old May 30, 2003, 01:30 AM

Sounds like a plan!

What road? I drive up there at least once a week
Old May 30, 2003, 02:02 AM

Sounds like a great idea! I went to the dealer and they told me the have sold like 4 or 5 already. They mentioned the ones you said. If that guy did blow his clutch after 500 miles then that means he must have not followed the "proper" break in period then. Hehe that means mine will beat his muhahaha j/k all speculation yes...
Old May 30, 2003, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Kinda Long, but I don;t know the road numbers, so want to explain it to you in detail.....

The road: When ur heading north into Coarsegold, take your very first left you can as soon as you enter coarsegold (gosh, i don;t know the number... road 415? anyway,its where that little yellow office-that-looks-like-a house is... and the little flea market thang......first and only left in Coarsegold).

First few miles, there are a lot of houses a school, etc. Take it easy. But then after about 4 miles, it thins out, the road gets smoothr, it gets better. Drop down to the Fresno River bottom, then start heading back up. Gets nicer, no houses or traffic. After maybe 7 -9miles (??guess) you will see a sign.... left turn to KNOWLES and RAYMOND GRANITE.... or stay on the road to Raymond. MAKE THE LEFT TOWARDS KNOWLES. That road is real windy, a little sketchy with some awkwardly banked turns over rises... but its fun if you are careful, or good, or know the road, or all three (I am careful and know the road, but not good!! someday....). After about 5-7 more miles, you come to a fork... right to Raymond, or LEFT TO MADERA. GO LEFT. This is the best part of the road. No houses, no roads, most of the corners are fast, the slow ones are marked, and there are some straights to open it up well over 100mph if you do that type of driving on public roads (not condoning it!)

You can take this "straight" all the way to hwy99... comes onto 99 just south of Fairmeed (where the HWY152 - Los Banos Turnoff is).

It is about 38 miles from Coarsegold to Hwy 99 this way. But FUN. This is the way I come and go home every Friday and Sunday night when it is not rainy or foggy. Even in the trusty Neon, it is an enjoyable, kinda scenic, fun drive. In the Evo, it is fantastic. If you got time to waste, check it out. Great drive in the spring or evening.... maybe a little "hot and dry" on a summer day??!!
Old May 30, 2003, 01:41 PM

I dun know about this road... sounds like you guys get out and move around more than I do. I don't know anyone really that way except my aunt, but she passed away a year or so ago. So I never really go that way.

Only up to four points area towards sierra summit when I went. You guys know "Old Tollhouse Road" area? That's an awsome road to hug some turns!! Went there with my friends in their Corolla GT-S and MR2-T ... I couldn't exactly keep up (obviously in my FF Accord Auto) Either way it was still fun and an awsome road! Guys know about this one?
Old May 30, 2003, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by svillata
Kinda Long, but I don;t know the road numbers, so want to explain it to you in detail.....

The road: When ur heading north into Coarsegold, take your very first left you can as soon as you enter coarsegold (gosh, i don;t know the number... road 415? anyway,its where that little yellow office-that-looks-like-a house is... and the little flea market thang......first and only left in Coarsegold).

First few miles, there are a lot of houses a school, etc. Take it easy. But then after about 4 miles, it thins out, the road gets smoothr, it gets better. Drop down to the Fresno River bottom, then start heading back up. Gets nicer, no houses or traffic. After maybe 7 -9miles (??guess) you will see a sign.... left turn to KNOWLES and RAYMOND GRANITE.... or stay on the road to Raymond. MAKE THE LEFT TOWARDS KNOWLES. That road is real windy, a little sketchy with some awkwardly banked turns over rises... but its fun if you are careful, or good, or know the road, or all three (I am careful and know the road, but not good!! someday....). After about 5-7 more miles, you come to a fork... right to Raymond, or LEFT TO MADERA. GO LEFT. This is the best part of the road. No houses, no roads, most of the corners are fast, the slow ones are marked, and there are some straights to open it up well over 100mph if you do that type of driving on public roads (not condoning it!)

You can take this "straight" all the way to hwy99... comes onto 99 just south of Fairmeed (where the HWY152 - Los Banos Turnoff is).

It is about 38 miles from Coarsegold to Hwy 99 this way. But FUN. This is the way I come and go home every Friday and Sunday night when it is not rainy or foggy. Even in the trusty Neon, it is an enjoyable, kinda scenic, fun drive. In the Evo, it is fantastic. If you got time to waste, check it out. Great drive in the spring or evening.... maybe a little "hot and dry" on a summer day??!!
Cool, have to try it. I think I have been on it before....the middle part, in the Mustang.

I like the old "power house" road, for tight low speed cornering, kinda bumpy though. I have been pretty much everywhere in the mountain areas at one time or another. I used to ride my modded CBR 900RR everywhere up there
Old May 30, 2003, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Powerhouse? Between Auberry and Norfolk, right? That road is awesome, but SCARY. Smooth on the auberry side...but I don't have the guts to push it on the auberry side, big cliff there. I used to drive that in my porsche, just hard enough to be fun, but no so fast I wet my pants!! Used to work in Auberry. You got some ***** to pushing a motorcylcle on that road.

Triangle road around Mariposa (off of 49) would be cool, but I can't remember how rough it is....maybe I'll try that soon. Been on it recently???

And 415(?) from hwy 145 past hensley lake to Coarsegold used to fun long time ago when it was smooth. Don't know now.

or.. i like this one... the back way from 168 down near clovis(hang a right off 168), around the back of the mountain past Sierra High school to the 4 lane? That was always fun in the porsche. did it once a week(lodgepole road?? nah, i dont know what its called)