Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Megan Manifold vs Buschur Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for all the manifolds that cracked> were they coated? wrapped? just bare manifold?
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
I wouldnt bother with a megan... I had 2 of them and both cracked badly.. Theres a guy here that dynoed his stock manifold, took it off and installed the megan on the same day, dyno and he lost 9-10wtq in every run and picked up 3-4whp.. I have my stock ported one on and i like it much better.. Car has a lot of low-midrange torque and good top end... The only thing i miss is how the car sounded after the megan mani was installed

I agree 100% - the Megan units are crap and will crack its just a matter of time
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

this dude is trying to put a FP3065 on his megan!!!! did nobody read this? it will not work. and like everyone is saying megan is junk!!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

anyone have a before and after of the buschur unit? are we talkin stock turbo or which turbo are we talkin? id like to see dyno of any or all turbo's we have charts available.

thx!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
I currently have the Megan exhaust manifold and im about to put on my Buschur 3065 which comes with their own exhaust manifold.
this is his question people !! i guess nobody reads what the thread is actually about!! it will not work look at the flanges they are different u have to use the t3 flange manifold not the stock flanged unit. if u are worried about ur egt get it tapped for it end of story. bolt it on and get on with it!!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What do you mean, RecordSetter? Are you asking about the FP3065 that BR sells with their own cast manifold, or are you asking about the ported/coated stock manifold that BR sells? The manifold was tested on the dyno on the same car vs other tubular manifolds where the only thing that beat it on a stock-style turbo was the Full-Race tubular, but it costs $800-ish. There's a long comparison thread with all the data.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What do you mean, RecordSetter? Are you asking about the FP3065 that BR sells with their own cast manifold, or are you asking about the ported/coated stock manifold that BR sells? The manifold was tested on the dyno on the same car vs other tubular manifolds where the only thing that beat it on a stock-style turbo was the Full-Race tubular, but it costs $800-ish. There's a long comparison thread with all the data.
read the original post...

He has a megan now but ordered a 3065 kit. he is asking if the megan manifold he has now is better than buschur cast manifold that comes with their turbo kits. It is not a stock turbo manifold!
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Joey, I wasn't referring to the OP - I know what he's talking about. I was responding to the post by EvoRecordSetter, which isn't clear on what he's asking.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats why I said "Again why is this being asked"
Originally Posted by joeymia
do you guys read? He is getting a 3065!!!! the megan will not work at all.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Bung or no bung, any daily driven car NEEDS a cast exhaust manifold unless you are wealthy enough to replace your tubular exhaust manifold every few months.

I've seen every tubular manifold, from $800 full race to $80 ssautochrome manifolds crack and discolor. Discoloring is ok, cracking is not. A cast exhaust manifold will also eventually crack, but it will crack in terms of tens of thousands of miles opposed to a tubular where you'd be lucky to get 10 thousand miles out of it.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 09:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Didn't know people were using the anti-lag ports for their EGT probes...
Isn't ignorance beautiufl? I guess you can have up to 3 EGT sensors in those anti-lag ports
Old Jan 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tvieira24
I've seen every tubular manifold, from $800 full race to $80 ssautochrome manifolds crack and discolor.
Is this true? What manifold of ours did you see crack? We have had 3 failures in the last two years.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The Meagan manifold is a stock replacement, it will not work with our turbo kits.

Won't bolt up.

The Meagan manifold is extremely similar to others we have tested and the ONLY header we tested that made more power than a ported/coated stock manifold was the Full Race header.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

I had the Meagan Manifold and was very unhappy with the results. The inner diameter was not consistent and caused a tumbling effect of the air and made my car almost impossible to tune. Actually made less power with the MR Mani compared to stock on my VIII when I had it. MR TBE=good MR Mani=bad. Was just my experience, others may have been able to make theirs work.

BR FTW when it comes to mani's. Will last much longer and willb e much easier to tune with.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Hate to ask this but....Did anyone else that purchased the Megan Manifold notice that the openings of the Mani to the head were even smaller than the stock one? I installed one for a guy and laughed when i saw it!

Quick Reply: Megan Manifold vs Buschur Manifold