Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New AMS Engine 23RR Engine = Big Power!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Chris,
I noticed on the Norris site that they have only tested the 2.3 to 8300 rpm. That sounds like a standard 2.3 stroker that everyone is selling, albeit with their own crank, piston and rod selection. Do they have something similar to this AMS stroker that will rev to over 9k?
Cheers,
Robert
im not sure! they have run massive power out of the 2.3 and i was sure that they ran a special forged crank (ie not the 4g64 one). i will try and find out more! it might be becasue this is NOT A DRAG CAR! its used for roadcauses and sprints over here.

also another company over here, RC Developments (pants website so i wont link it), is i think running a crower stroker crank.

norris normally recomends the JUN 2.2 (with new pistons and rods i think as they managed to break a JUN rod from what i have been told!) on all but the top stuff.

thanks Chris.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Big Boost
Martin,

So if you were running the 10.1 compression set-up with a AMS 35R can you safely run 25 to 30 pounds of boost on a road racing track or is that asking too much.

If yes, is this something you could only do for one race season or a couple of years?

If no, what would you recommend instead?

I am just trying to get your thoughts on what is limits of pushing this motor hard, but at the same time, not having to re-build each year, when using a 35R.

Thanks- Big Boost

Bump for updates from AMS on this thread
Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Martin,

So if you were running the 10.1 compression set-up with a AMS 35R can you safely run 25 to 30 pounds of boost on a road racing track or is that asking too much.

If yes, is this something you could only do for one race season or a couple of years?

If no, what would you recommend instead?

I am just trying to get your thoughts on what is limits of pushing this motor hard, but at the same time, not having to re-build each year, when using a 35R.

Thanks- Big Boost
Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I am really interested in a response to this.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I am really interested in a response to this.

I'llanswer it for you.

Running that MUCH boost and that MUCH compression for a road course car is out of the realm that they would probably reccomend you running.

The "kill" setting for there car is 30lbs or close, while they normally run in the mid 20's, unless your competing against AMS there is little to no reason to run that much nor is it great for the motor.

They run there motor's there but I wouldn't personally, for a road racing car I'd like to run more compression than boost personally. I'd assume they rebuild every season or every other, the car is still new and developing so I wouldnt be surprised if it was more often than that or even if its been the same rotating assembly since the start.

I have ran MY 2.3 on the track and on the street for over 20k now, 22-30 psi on my 3076, no signs of anything wrong, and intend on doing the same with the 35R I have on it.

Scorke
Old Jul 23, 2007, 05:30 AM

Any news regarding this product /200SX
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Really where are the updates?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 04:15 PM

can't find anything on their web site either. maybe there was a hick up in some of the part orders. That would not be too cool for future use for people who needed to order replacement parts.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:10 AM

what is currently going on with this?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I too am curious of the price and status.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:18 PM

bump for martin to give an update!!!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:41 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

Coincidentally we're just wrapping this up. It's a big project and we finally got everything squared away. Testing was done and the horsepower gains and powerband are spectacular. This is a premium engine package and the price reflects many custom parts. The custom billet rods use expensive ARP 625+ custom age bolts that are much stronger than anything else available. The piston have been designed for strength and light weight, reducing stress on the wrist pin and rods. All these things add to to reduced fatigue and increased RPM range. My ideas was to create an engine that has the RPM range of a 2.0L while giving more torque and breather better at high RPM's. The Rod ratio, rod length, and bore to stroke ratio are optimized to support high volumetric efficiency. RPM range is extended by 500-600 rpm over a 2.3L stroker, making street/strip use good to 8900 RPM and road racing up to 8400 RPM.

For comparison, our 2.3L stroker made 550whp at 25psi of boost on a GT35R. After installing a 2.3RR 10:1 and changing nothing else we made 550whp at only 21psi!! There are a few choices as far as compression ratio goes and I'll discuss that here.

We're stocking two different compression ratio's and also can offer custom ratio's depending on applications.

9.25:1 Good for most street and race applications. Can be tuned to make great power on pump gas & race gas.

10.0:1 Great power and response on race gas for track or strip. Can be run on pump gas with caution and only on 93 octane (not 91).

AMS 2.3RR

Displacement: 2.27 L
Custom Billet Crank
Custom Billet rods with ARP 625+ Custom Age rod bolts
AMS Prepped 2.3RR block
O-ring deck
AMS spec Ross pistons
ARP Main & head studs
Custom Headgasket (will only work on this engine)
New Mitsubishi oil pump
New Mitsubishi water pump
AMS race balance shaft
Short block complete assembled & rotating assembly balanced

$7995.00
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
DAMN, why do you keep realcing products i will never be able to afford? I can barley afford the AMS Ash Tray with the custom TIG welding.

Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

The are busy testing I am sure, you have to appreciate the fact they don't rush somthing new.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 02:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 233 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by AMS
Coincidentally we're just wrapping this up. It's a big project and we finally got everything squared away. Testing was done and the horsepower gains and powerband are spectacular. This is a premium engine package and the price reflects many custom parts. The custom billet rods use expensive ARP 625+ custom age bolts that are much stronger than anything else available. The piston have been designed for strength and light weight, reducing stress on the wrist pin and rods. All these things add to to reduced fatigue and increased RPM range. My ideas was to create an engine that has the RPM range of a 2.0L while giving more torque and breather better at high RPM's. The Rod ratio, rod length, and bore to stroke ratio are optimized to support high volumetric efficiency. RPM range is extended by 500-600 rpm over a 2.3L stroker, making street/strip use good to 8900 RPM and road racing up to 8400 RPM.

For comparison, our 2.3L stroker made 550whp at 25psi of boost on a GT35R. After installing a 2.3RR 10:1 and changing nothing else we made 550whp at only 21psi!! There are a few choices as far as compression ratio goes and I'll discuss that here.

We're stocking two different compression ratio's and also can offer custom ratio's depending on applications.

9.25:1 Good for most street and race applications. Can be tuned to make great power on pump gas & race gas.

10.0:1 Great power and response on race gas for track or strip. Can be run on pump gas with caution and only on 93 octane (not 91).

AMS 2.3RR

Displacement: 2.27 L
Custom Billet Crank
Custom Billet rods with ARP 625+ Custom Age rod bolts
AMS Prepped 2.3RR block
O-ring deck
AMS spec Ross pistons
ARP Main & head studs
Custom Headgasket (will only work on this engine)
New Mitsubishi oil pump
New Mitsubishi water pump
AMS race balance shaft
Short block complete assembled & rotating assembly balanced

$7995.00

Any discount for a good core?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 02:43 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Awesome, I can't wait to see this thing wrecking up tracks coast to coast!

Quick Reply: New AMS Engine 23RR Engine = Big Power!