Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The NEW "GT35R" from Buschur Racing..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2007, 09:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My bad! I don't know why I said new! Disregard that part.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:31 AM
Account Disabled

Who makes the manifold for this turbo kit? Is it just the stock manifold cast from different material, or is it a different higher flowing design? By looking at the pictures it seems that it's the stock manifold.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:39 AM
Account Disabled

From my understanding a ported stock manifold flows enough for a turbo as large a GT35R. When I get GT35R turbo kit this will be the kit to buy. The idea of a cast manifold and cast o2 housing just seals the deal for me. You will never have to worry about them cracking.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vigo
Who makes the manifold for this turbo kit? Is it just the stock manifold cast from different material, or is it a different higher flowing design? By looking at the pictures it seems that it's the stock manifold.
The BR kit uses a cast manifold BR designed and had cast. It is DSM style 4 bolt mount not a T3. I had a 30r kit and it was very nice.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

what was the boost pressure?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
Account Disabled

What' the difference in design? Is it better than the stock Evo manifold?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

What' the difference in design? Is it better than the stock Evo manifold?
It is a 4 into 1 whereas the stock mani is a 2 into 1 x2 (twin scroll) design.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:05 AM
Account Disabled

What's the advantage with a 4 into 1 design over the stock manifold? Sorry for all the questions. I don't have a good understanding with this kind of stuff. From what I can see, switching to a non twin scroll manifold would help the exhaust flow, becauses it would be a better match for a non twin scroll turbo like the GT35R. Is that correct?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

In theory the twin scroll would/should even out the exhaust pulses and keep the Port volume lower to help with gas velocity. ATP has a turbo out that uses custom exhaust cover/wheel to mate a a 30r to a stock manifold and it seems like the results were mixed as to how well it worked.

I would think BR went with the DSM style b/c he has a fair amount of experience/turbos that would work with the DSM style mounting.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The problem with the stock manifold is you need to have a special turbine housing to bolt a Gt30-35 on it. This makes the turbine housing "not idea" in my opinion. It has a very poor offset that doesn't appear as though it can possilby flow well.

The manifold we have we designed and cast specifically for this turbo/turbine housing. We've already proven it good for 9.97 at 142 mph.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait to hear more about this, DB, you have a PM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

What's the advantage with a 4 into 1 design over the stock manifold? Sorry for all the questions. I don't have a good understanding with this kind of stuff. From what I can see, switching to a non twin scroll manifold would help the exhaust flow, becauses it would be a better match for a non twin scroll turbo like the GT35R. Is that correct?
A twin scroll design will almost always provide quicker spool. If the turbo housing is single scroll and the mani is twin scroll it will work just the same as if the mani were a single scroll. Mixing and matching wont make any difference. To get the benefits of a twin scroll setup, both the turbo housing and manifold need to be twin scroll.

The advantage of an aftermarket mani is that the runners are all equal length, and that it can support more air flow. It's not a durable however, and most of the turbo upgrades for the Evo aren't a twin scroll design. So your usually going to find most mani's are not divided/twin scroll. Unless you go to a large T4 flanged turbo.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Even if you think that logging boost pressure, Boost controller solenoid duty cycle, and AFR's isn't important... you should show them any way. Better yet...why not? You have all the equipment setup and ready to go...all you need to do is show the aem datalog....overlay them on the same graph. Its EASY.

If you're going to promote products and give the said results at least be able to back it up with some legit data.

my $.02
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
HPF eric, you should go ahead and do that.........be a great project for you. I never said it isn't important, I absolutely log all those things, I don't post them.

I have backed up my products, do you need me to list all the records we have set or do you want to do a search and find them yourself? Let me know.........

I do not post AEM logs and graphs, there are guys out here that have no clue how to tune, me educating you isn't my job. My job is to provide procucts that work and if you go back to those records we have set along with our customers you'll find I do my job quite well.

Thanks though for your great insight. Get out to the dyno and get some of that testing done and post those graphs, we are all waiting!!! I'll sit right here until I see the results!

Tomorrow on "As the Turbo Spins" we will hear from TurbotheLoveGod when he says, "Your shaft play makes me horny!"

Last edited by David Buschur; Feb 12, 2007 at 08:56 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

DB you remind me of Dr. House on fox 5.

Quick Reply: The NEW "GT35R" from Buschur Racing..