Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Difference in Nisei FMIC Street & Competition?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2007, 03:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kool
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by myevostore.com
Hey guys,

The Nisei Competition IC should be back in stock really soon. I've been working closely with them on developing new products including the Nisei Turbo System/Kit. All the other products are in stock including the pipe kits, 1018 lowers, and battery kits.

I respond faster to emails than voicemails because i'm always on the road and/or on the phone. You guys can email me directly at rob@motiongarage.com.

That is true. Actually the competition core cooled better and had almost 1 psi less pressure drop than the street when we tested it with Nisei. We were really excited about the results. The thing is a beast!!

Rob

rob thanks for the update.

i know the comp. core is an amazing piece but about how much pressure drop is there with the street core? i'm sure there can't be that much!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

I would get crucified if I said anything. All I can say is that it's not a turbo kit made with off-the-shelf components. I got an OK from Nisei to post up this photo as a teaser. As you can see the manifold is cast.....ok that's all i can say!
Uh oh, you just made me open a new savings account...the fact that it is a cast manifold is already tickling my insides .
Old Jan 24, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Great to hear on the Nisei Turbo.. But you never answered my question.
Do I need the comp. core for my planned setup? Or will the Street suit me just fine?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

either core will do you a great job. get whatever one want.
i say the street core is plenty but if you want the race it isn't gonna hurt you any.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DWAIST
either core will do you a great job. get whatever one want.
i say the street core is plenty but if you want the race it isn't gonna hurt you any.
That's what I figured. I guess the fact that noone has one for sale on here, and motiongarage is sold out currently, makes the decision even easier?
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitchubishi
Uh oh, you just made me open a new savings account...the fact that it is a cast manifold is already tickling my insides .
I just started saving up, too. Thanks for the teaser Rob. Looks very cool so far.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by speedomodel
I just started saving up, too. Thanks for the teaser Rob. Looks very cool so far.
I just ordered a FP3065 kit for myself too.. hope I wont be kickn myself in the butt a few months down the road .
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi cloudy,

Long time no see/raced you... . I once had the Nisei street intercooler on my Evo 8 MR and I want to make a very fair comment.

Despite the fact that I had the Nisei street I made it clear a while ago that it did not helped me on my setup however (keyword) I must say that the manager of myevostore and the engineer that build the intercoolers have perhaps one of the best customer service skills I encountered. These guys were top notch dealing with me from responding my questions to the shipping and pricing deal.

I also want to recommend at this time their street Intercooler, I think it will suit your needs perfectly. This IC is absolutely huge in size and it fits without having to remove the crash beam.

I will post a couple of pics for you to see from when I use to have it installed. Like I said, I want to make clear that Nisei products are very good, it just did not work for me perhaps due to the fact I was using the stocker turbo and the intercooler size overkill it.

Carlos
Old Jan 24, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
That's what I figured. I guess the fact that noone has one for sale on here, and motiongarage is sold out currently, makes the decision even easier?
i got lucky! i just bought the street core used for 550.00 shipped! i have never bought anything used for any of my vehicles but when i came across the deal i couldn't pass it up. now that i know motion garage has the pipe kit and battery kit.......i'm set.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Carlos - Hey man, ya I know its been awhile.
Ya I searched already and saw your thread on the IC. Chances are youre right, you didnt need it cause of stock turbo. Since iam upgrading the turbo, iam sure its gonna be great.
But ya its been awhile since Ive seen ya. Before my car goes under the knife for the turbo upgrade; iam gonna try to head out to the track and get a few good runs in. I havnt ran since the meth was installed. Well I did at speedworld, but the track was so sticky, I started to wheel hop, so I stopped. I might head out ti firebird either this Friday, or the following. The car goes in on Feb. 5.

DWAIST - Ya I meant to say I plan to get the Street used, since there are no comp. ones, anywhere. I have someone who Iam gonna purchase the street IC from on here.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cloudy,

Also be aware of another topic I opened a while ago talking about the Evo 8 and Evo 9 bumpers. I mentioned that the Evo 8 bumpers benefits from a much larger opening area allowing much more flow of air to cool down the intercooler.

I still have people(last week someone told me) that they believe that the stock Evo 9 intercooler was bigger than the Evo 8 intercooler. In reality they are the same, is just the visual illusion that the Evo 9 gives because the IC covers the entire Bumper center opening.

The Evo 9 comes with a much smaller opening on the bumper. It does not affect the funtionality and performance on the stock Evo 9 IC because all the surface of the IC is exposed however it hinders the ability to cool down large areas of any upgrade intercooler.

My summary is that be advised that any intercooler significantly bigger than the stock Evo 9 intercooler on a Evo 9 will suffer dramatic and handicap effect in performance due to lack of intercooler exposure.

If you want to get the most, I suggest a C-west bumper and the Nisei street core, then you will truly outflow anything in the market.
Please do a search under my "started topics" and you will see what I mean.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jan 24, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

I would get crucified if I said anything. All I can say is that it's not a turbo kit made with off-the-shelf components. I got an OK from Nisei to post up this photo as a teaser. As you can see the manifold is cast.....ok that's all i can say!
damn, with all the great products that Nisei makes, they are using a cast iron manifold? i thought those guys would have made a nice equal length tubular manifold that sits the turbo in a different spot....??
Old Jan 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Cloudy,

Also be aware of another topic I opened a while ago talking about the Evo 8 and Evo 9 bumpers. I mentioned that the Evo 8 bumpers benefits from a much larger opening area allowing much more flow of air to cool down the intercooler.

The Evo 9 comes with a much smaller opening on the bumper. It does not affect the funtionality and performance on the stock Evo 9 IC because all the surface of the IC is exposed however it hinders the ability to cool down large areas of any upgrade intercooler.

My summary is that be advised that any intercooler significantly bigger than the stock Evo 9 intercooler on a Evo 9 will suffer dramatic and handicap effect in performance due to lack of intercooler exposure.

Please do a search under my "started topics" and you will see what I mean.

Carlos
Ya that has always been in the back of my mind. But there really is nothing for me to do because I do not plan/want to change my front bumper. So iam kinda stuck here..
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by diablo2184
damn, with all the great products that Nisei makes, they are using a cast iron manifold? i thought those guys would have made a nice equal length tubular manifold that sits the turbo in a different spot....??
Since many tubular manifolds look nice, but can be suspect on the longevity issue, that's probably why they went with cast. There has been no information on what it's made out of, though.

Quick Reply: Difference in Nisei FMIC Street & Competition?