Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Twin intake/double pumper...more Buschur results..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Twin intake/double pumper...more Buschur results..

Hey all,

As most of you know we built a double pumper fuel pump for the EVO's a few months back. I have made a lengthy post here on EVOm and our site about the flow rates of the pumps etc.

Today as also can be seen here on EVOm we dyno's a bad *** EVO9 we just built. The car made 645 whp on our dyno. That is rediculous power. 100 more whp than my own car makes on our dyno and my car ran 9.97 at 142.32 mph with 542 whp. That willl put it into perspective for some of you.

This car is equipped with 1200 cc fuel injectors, our twin intake pumps (HO's), factory fuel lines, our fuel rail and our regulator kit. Base pressure was only 40 psi. A little lower than we normally run it but we wanted the car to run good with the 1200 cc injectors on the street.

At 8500 rpm where the car made 645 whp and was still climbing the injector duty cycle was only 82%.

The pumps are working flawlessly. This car is equipped with an AEM EMS but we still chose to use the standard pressure switch for the secondary fuel pump. It worked out just great.

Also, we have added the option to build these double pumpers with AN outlets. I now have the parts instock to build these kits with dual AN outlets.

I have plenty of cores I have bought for these builds at this point and will sell them on exchange basis so your car doesn't need to be down at all.

We have these for Subaru's and AWD DSM's now too.

Thanks for the interest and orders.

Last edited by David Buschur; Jan 28, 2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 09:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Hey all,

As most of you know we built a double pumper fuel pump for the EVO's a few months back. I have made a lengthy post here on EVOm and our site about the flow rates of the pumps etc.

Today as also can be seen here on EVOm we dyno's a bad *** EVO9 we just built. The car made 645 whp on our dyno. That is rediculous power. 100 more whp than my own car makes on our dyno and my car ran 9.97 at 142.32 mph with 542 whp. That willl put it into perspective for some of you.

This car is equipped with 1200 cc fuel injectors, our twin intake pumps (HO's), factory fuel lines, our fuel rail and our regulator kit. Base pressure was only 40 psi. A little lower than we normally run it but we wanted the car to run good with the 1200 cc injectors on the street.

At 8500 rpm where the car made 645 whp and was still climbing the injector duty cycle was only 82%.

The pumps are working flawlessly. This car is equipped with an AEM EMS but we still chose to use the standard pressure switch for the secondary fuel pump. It worked out just great.

Also, we had intended to build these double pumpers for use with just the factory fuel lines. Since there was another company building them for use with AN fittings. Well now that our niche has been invaded we are now offering our double pumper with twin AN outlets too. I have the parts back from being machined and the kits can be sold with twin AN outlets.

I have plenty of cores I have bought for these builds at this point and will sell them on exchange basis so your car doesn't need to be down at all.

We have these for Subaru's and AWD DSM's now too.

Thanks for the interest and orders.
Nice work David, I find that you saying how I invaded you is kind of offensive. I've had this in the works for over a year now. I have a lot respect for the work you do, but every thread that you make reguarding the pumps, it is always bashing mine. I like to keep the playing fields fair and let the consumer decide on their own but there's only so much one can take. Good luck on your product. I'm done

Last edited by FullBlown; Jan 27, 2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Since there was another company building them for use with AN fittings. Well now that our niche has been invaded we are now offering our double pumper with twin AN outlets too. I have the parts back from being machined and the kits can be sold with twin AN outlets.
Comn... was that really necessary?

It's obvious from Full Blown's setup, they didn't catch wind of your idea, and rush to copy it...

They spent time and money designing their product, and it's a damn fine one at that.

Give them some credit, competition isn't a bad thing...
Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
tttt

Last edited by 94AWDcoupe; Jan 27, 2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frenchy4g63

It's obvious from Full Blown's setup, they didn't catch wind of your idea, and rush to copy it...

They spent time and money designing their product, and it's a damn fine one at that.

Im with him on this one and we all know dual pump setups have been done on evos for over 2 years now. The reason it mainly needed now in days is only because there is a demand for more power. More power more fuel.

Full Blown's setup is well thought out. Your setup is more of a easy way to do it chop it and make new mounting point for the pumps.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frenchy4g63

hate hate hate, man you guys jump on Dave for everything, WTF?

He makes a double pumper, but you all b!tch because even though he makes 600whp on the stock lines, you "bench racers" say it's inadequate.

So he makes another one, with AN lines and you ***** because of a cooment that you chose to interpret as negative? YES HIS NICHE HAS BEEN INVADED! He had the market cornered before FullBlown, that doesn't mean he's knocking them, damn, WTF people? He honestly believes his product is better and he has flowbench results to prove it. How is that bashing?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Dave nice updates on your system!!! GL with this thread
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jbrown

He makes a double pumper, but you all b!tch because even though he makes 600whp on the stock lines, you "bench racers" say it's inadequate.

So he makes another one, with AN lines and you ***** because of a cooment that you chose to interpret as negative? YES HIS NICHE HAS BEEN INVADED! He had the market cornered before FullBlown, that doesn't mean he's knocking them, damn, WTF people? He honestly believes his product is better and he has flowbench results to prove it. How is that bashing?

Well your stupid if you cant read between the lines. No one is hating on Dave, he is an accomplished man. But as you can read Fullblown has been working on this for about a year and it is only right that he feel offended because of what was said as if he stole Dave's idea which is not the case especially since he took the time to cnc drop in unit. Dave thought of this idea about 6 months according to a past post because one of his cars ran out of fuel and he had to derive a concept to get more fuel while trying to keep the fuel system as close to stock as possible. Both seem similar in concept, but who cares that gives consumers a choice. On the other hand that must be one crazy evo 9. What is the difference in setup vs your evo 8 that dynod less?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

So what your saying is that a monopoly is good for the evo community? Plus I know of people making custom twin and tripple intank pump setups before I heard of either of these, but its awsome that there are two companys making them and keeping them in stock, rather than having to be down while the parts are fabbed up for it. Buschur.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think anyone copied anyone here. The supra guys have been doing this for years now, I'm just happy to have the solution avaliable for our cars. There is nothing wrong with people learning from others, it benefits the consumer in the long run so who cares. I bought one of davids double pumper setups, and I'm very thankful he's offering a affordable solution for my fuel needs. I hate the whine you get with external pumps so this was perfect for me. Thanks David!
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Here we go again!
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Fullblown I am not attacking you. I am simply making a statement. You did not copy what I did. I was happy with the drop in stock line system we built and was going to leave our design at that. Leave you with you custom set up for the AN lines. That's my only point. Had you not offered your kit for the stock lines and from what I read on your pumps originally it sounded like you had no thought of doing it, then I would have not offered ours with AN lines. That's all. Now we both have the fuel systems covered and I have no hard feelings at all. NONE.

BTW, long before there we Supra, DSM's or any other import stuff doing double pumpers we had them in the Buick Grand Nationals. My father and I have been messing with Buicks since 1987 and THAT'S why I did the double pumpers the way I did. My 1987 Turbo T WE4 has twin pumps in it, my dad's does to and has sinnce probably 1988. Thanks though for the thoughts of where it came from.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
Account Disabled

I had the stock line adapters in mind from the beginning of the design which was over a year by now. I knew some guys would request it but I was just so busy with Srt and 350z units. Anyways I promised myself that I wont go futher with this arguement/discussion so this is where it stops for me.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

well in 1987 I was 7 years old, and was still driving my three wheeler. The supra is the only car I have first hand knowlege of using twin in tank pumps. Just trying to help out, guess I won't do that anymore
Old Jan 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Who's hating? Bench racer? Where did I mention ANYTHING about stock lines or AN lines? I think the stock lines are fine. Dave didn't invent the twin intank setup. I was commenting on the statement Dave made about his niche being invaded. I dont think this was his niche to be invaded. As was stated, this has been done many times, on many cars, many years ago.

If you pulled your head out of Dave's ***, and took the time to read what I wrote you would have seen what it was I was saying.

For the record, if you'de like, feel free to search my posts regarding Dave's products. I have a lot of respect for his talents, and trust him more than just about anyone when it comes to 4g63's.

Quick Reply: Twin intake/double pumper...more Buschur results..