Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best injectors?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony1
We're constantly adding to the "questions asked" portion of the Injector Dynamics website. That's where my write up will be when I do it.
So, why not do as TedB suggests and please share this vital "How-To" info openly on our EvoM forum as well?

Last edited by sparky; Sep 10, 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will do that, I didn't know he was talking about a subforum on here. Sorry.

I haven't received any pictures yet though.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want to email me your pics, i'll do the write up. I just don't have the pics that are EVO specific and if we're doing to do a write up, we might as well use the correct pics so there's no confusion.
Tony, I will email the pictures asap. Sorry, I hadn't checked this thread recently.
Dan
Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Emailed to tony@t1racedevelopment.com
Old Sep 11, 2009, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36030157@N07/

These are the most important photos of the resistor box, should be self explanatory, but I will work on a write up soon.
Dan

P.S. I did solder all the wires together before putting everything back in the car.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 01:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mostly depends on the HP goal now and later.

I like the PTE, RC and FIC equally well.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Not saying anything bad about any of those injectors, but I have no idea how you could say you like them all the same. They perform considerably different.

The pics Dan posted pretty much show all you need to see. It's as simple as cutting off the injector resistor and connecting all 5 wires coming from the connector together. Then you just plug the connector back in as a jumper.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My ID2000's just showed up today, thanks Tony.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Just installed FIC Blue Max 1050cc's.

The latency charts are posted on this site which makes for easy scaling. Bit of a hard start but I am sure we will figure it out quick.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 08:05 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Not saying anything bad about any of those injectors, but I have no idea how you could say you like them all the same. They perform considerably different.

The pics Dan posted pretty much show all you need to see. It's as simple as cutting off the injector resistor and connecting all 5 wires coming from the connector together. Then you just plug the connector back in as a jumper.
I've got considerable time tuning both FIC1050s and ID1000s in my Evo, and as far as performance goes, except for a slightly tighter idle and a *little bit better* performance during cruise with the ID1000s, I can't tell the difference between the two. I suspect that some of the improvement in idle is because the ID1000s flow 15% less than the FIC1050s (at the same pressure). I can however tell a bigger difference during starting. My FIC1050s cause crappy warm starts with gasoline but give fine warm starts with E85 whereas my ID1000s cause crappy warm starts with both gasoline and E85. I know other people who have this warm start issue, but to be fair, there are other people who do not have the warm start issue.

Last edited by mrfred; Sep 13, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
I've got considerable time tuning both FIC1050s and ID1000s in my Evo, and as far as performance goes, except for a slightly tighter idle and a *little bit better* performance during cruise with the ID1000s, I can't tell the difference between the two. I suspect that some of the improvement in idle is because the ID1000s flow 15% less than the FIC1050s (at the same pressure). I can however tell a bigger difference during starting. My FIC1050s cause crappy warm starts with gasoline but give fine warm starts with E85 whereas my ID1000s cause crappy warm starts with both gasoline and E85. I know other people who have this warm start issue, but to be fair, there are other people who do not have the warm start issue.
I really wish we could narrow down these warm start problems because with the ID1000s I have flawless warm starts with both E85 and gasoline. I mean they are damned near instantaneous.

Dan
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

The problem seems to be random and as far as I know, only on reflash stuff.

Others who have swapped injectors have found the problem seems to follow the car, not the injectors.

It seems there's more to the factory ecu that needs to be figured out.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

im running fic 850' with my 50 trim with no problems at all
Old Sep 14, 2009, 01:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
The problem seems to be random and as far as I know, only on reflash stuff.

Others who have swapped injectors have found the problem seems to follow the car, not the injectors.

It seems there's more to the factory ecu that needs to be figured out.
I wouldn't say the warm start issue follows reflash stuff because anyone who runs an aftermarket injector has to have had their ECU reflashed.

Based on testing done by Travman and dan_l, the warm start issue does appear to be vehicle dependent as you said. Its hard to imagine what it could be though. My car, and surely Travman's car, are both in excellent running condition (just finished a boost leak check last week) with everything work exactly as it should. And my ROM is not heavily modified. Its basically a stock ROM with some tuned tables.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

What I mean when I say reflash is working within the OEM ecu. There are tons of tables and things going on that you don't have control over where as a real standalone doesn't have that.

OEM's go to great measures to ensure excellent driveability in all conditions and doing so requires lots of in depth compensation tables and such. I don't think anyone can say for sure how many cranking and starting enrichment tables there are and what they're all based on. There's obviously something in the mix that's affecting things. I was told that you guys aren't able to datalog during cranking?

This is obviously an issue that has something to do with injector scaling or something. Possibly something that isn't rescaled when the injector scaling is changed?

You said your FIC's started crappy on gas but good on E85, which leads me to believe even more that there's some cranking enrichment multpiplier of some type that's not being adjusted when the scaling is changed.

What do you think?

Quick Reply: Best injectors?