Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

I Just Blew My Motor!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u dont have a wideband in the car do u???
Old Jan 29, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

so sorry to ear bout ur engine.. bro.. why did u swithc from 6 speed to a 5 speed ?..
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=247932 This might help you complete tranny motor and diffs.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

He's already mentioned that his warranty was lost when he went to the dealer about his tranny. Getting it fixed at mitsubishi doesnt seem to be an option for him.

Good luck anyway. I hope nothing else really crappy happened to your car at the tow truck yard. Good luck again.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MR_EVO21
...I agree with this statement; if you can put stuff back to stock then hopefully they will warranty it. Also sorry to hear that man. I would go down to the dealership and talk to the service manager ask him exactly would void warranty...
It's already been noted that the warranty is gone!....

Originally Posted by MSTR MR9
its definetly not under warrantee, as i lost it when I went there for the tranny. I think i have even worse news from what the tow truck guy said happened to the car overnight. I am leaving my house right now to go over there and find out what happened.
So what happened to the car overnight?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Turbo Trixx Tune their cars a lil lean.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

ouch man sorry to hear about the lose and good luck with the repair
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

It's funny how many on here post to return the car to stock and play dumb at mitsu. the warranty was voided and now he has to pay the price... now if the car had just a simple catback or intake, then there may be a case to push mitsu, but from what I can gather, this was a heavily modded stock-turbo'ed car(had meth at one point) and had a tranny swap. maybe the parts had been mostly taken off, but the damage could have been done months ago and just waited for the right time/circumstances to manifest themselves. the ones trying to scam mitsu are part of what make them such d1cks about dealing with warranties to begin with.

if you can't pay, don't play.

good luck with the rebuild.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Damn, sorry to hear that man.....And I thought I had bad luck.... I blew Z32 motor (it basicly blew itself, or the previous owner did)I feel your pain....Good luck. To me it seems that your only way out is Visa or MasterCard.

Most people here have problems reading - HIS WARRANTY IS VOID!

Blowing an engine is the worst fear car driver has....
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:12 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sandm
It's funny how many on here post to return the car to stock and play dumb at mitsu. the warranty was voided and now he has to pay the price... now if the car had just a simple catback or intake, then there may be a case to push mitsu, but from what I can gather, this was a heavily modded stock-turbo'ed car(had meth at one point) and had a tranny swap. maybe the parts had been mostly taken off, but the damage could have been done months ago and just waited for the right time/circumstances to manifest themselves. the ones trying to scam mitsu are part of what make them such d1cks about dealing with warranties to begin with.
Right. This isn't the car that Mitsu sold him and there's no reason to expect warrantee coverage, nor is there any to begin with due to it being voided. I feel for the OP and would hate to see any Evo have similar issues, but at the same time I cannot fully comprehend how someone can start bolting-on parts on a brand new ~$35K car, relying on faith for long-term durability.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:28 AM

sux arce bro
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear that man. whats the update?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by shivaswrath
i think lack of a fuel pump was the problem. . .but this isn't anything new, if you mod at all, always add a fuel pump to a tune, the factory FP sucks. . .and then things lean out up top, KABOOM!!
I have a walboro fuel pump.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:45 PM

I cant believe what has happened to my car, I just went to to the lot where my car is being held. All i can say is that I am in awe of what happened. Supposibly last night after the tow truck came and picked up the car and were on the way to their lot, the car caught on fire and burned. I have no clue how this happened and dont believe the story the tow truck driver gave, that the car burned on the flat bed. When i was there and looking at the car it had about 3 inches of ice on the floor, and no water watsoever in the trunk, which I find unbelievable because when they lower the car off the flat bed its at an angle where all the water should have gone to the trunk or out of the car. The tow trunk company did not even care to call and notify the owner of the vehicle what happened, when i asked for the car, he simply told me its in the back and that he was sorry. I am contacted the insurance company and they are sending an inspector over there in the next few days. What do you guys think the car is worth??

I will post pics if someone can explain how.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you may have gotten off cheap. pay the difference if you dont' have gap insurance and go pickup another car.