Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

I Just Blew My Motor!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Just Blew My Motor!

As I was driving on the highway today (around 8:30pm), I got on it in 4th gear, at around 5000rpm's, the engine let go. the whole engine bay went up in smoke from all the oil leaking out of the block. When it broke, it felt as if i drove over railroad tracks and it definetly spit something out, i cant imagine to think what has happened and dont want to think of the cost. If you guys have any clue of what could of possibly went wrong feel free to comment, just dont make it too harsh, im already gone through a tough time. About 2 weeks ago I swaped from a 6spd to a 5spd. At that time i removed the alky injection and just left it with minor mods that are listed in my sig, except retuned by turbotrix, since i took the alky out.

What do you think I should do now?

<ATTN: read the whole thread before posting. the car burned to to the ground as well, and he has no factory warrenty based on previous interaction with the vendor. Greg K.>

Last edited by Greg K; Jan 30, 2007 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Added disclaimer
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:03 AM

NO CHANCE IN HELL will the warranty cover it...but you can try.

Sorry about the engine. I dont know what to tell you as I have never killed a engine before.

Marc

Last edited by Marc Hatzi; Jan 29, 2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Very hard to diagnose over the net. Got pics?
Could be anything.
But if you got smoke coming out. Maybe a broken rod that went through the block.

Best bet is to tow it to a well known shop and have them asses the damage and cause.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:04 AM

damn.. poor evo.
sorry to hear that happened to you.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

did you forget the oil?...low perhaps?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

ouch, thats horrible.. hope you have some sort of emergency evo fund.. pm another note.. it could be something like your oil filter came off or something.. need some pics.. but i know its late.. good luck man
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

ouch. cant really help but keep us posted with how it goes. hope its not to bad.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:17 AM

That sucks man. Good luck with everything.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OMG, you already blew the motor? how many miles? that sucks man, but bound to happen if you mod and drive fast..... was it still idling? can you start the car? in the day time you can see if there is a hole in the block, maybe it was from the trans install. wow, that sucks. definitely out of pocket, its an MR with a 5 speed.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

yea that sucks and i think u are the first i heard to blow a evo 9 motor
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by MSTR MR9

What do you think I should do now?

Plan A) Put the six speed back on (if you still have it), take every mod off and return to stock, stop posting anything about it on the internet. Take it to and pray they cover it under warranty.

Plan B) Drive your 240sx for the next 2-3 months and rebuild that thing into one badass fully reinforced motor!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

"I Just Blew My Motor!"

I hope it at least bought you dinner first.

Actually, not sure if you could take off like ALL the mods and replace with your stock parts and then tow it in but unless you had something other than just what is listed, I have a hard time thinking that your mods would cause such a huge failure. I mean dude, that sort of thing happens when a rod lets loose of the crank or a piston. Not your average oops I f'ed up sorta thing.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 07:59 AM

its definetly not under warrantee, as i lost it when I went there for the tranny. I think i have even worse news from what the tow truck guy said happened to the car overnight. I am leaving my house right now to go over there and find out what happened.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
Good luck getting it covered under warranty with those mods. I wonder if you alky system when up and the boost was too high?
I took the alky kit out when i got my car back, so the only mods it had was those listed, but retuned by turbotrix. I cant understand what happened theres no way this should have happened, I would understand if i had a stock motor with a
gt35r and trying to spool it with like 150shot of nitrous, but stock turbo 21 pounds.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

which gauges do you have?? a wideband? oil pressure and temperature? egt?
u would've definitely gotten some signs before your motor blew if u had those gauges.

Originally Posted by MSTR MR9
I took the alky kit out when i got my car back, so the only mods it had was those listed, but retuned by turbotrix. I cant understand what happened theres no way this should have happened, I would understand if i had a stock motor with a
gt35r and trying to spool it with like 150shot of nitrous, but stock turbo 21 pounds.