Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

375whp attainable?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
nobject, it was likely the DD at The Shop, which reads like a Dynojet, not like other DDs who are way lower than Dynojets. Regardless, one car doing it doesn't warrant you saying "at least." Remember, that means your buddy is making the least possible power for those mods and that everyone else makes more. That is not the case - maybe you just didn't mean to say the "at least" part.
The DD dyno at the shop does not read like a dynojet, even ask your boy Al. There are acouple people who got dynoed back to back on the shops dyno and a dynojet, and the dynojet numbers where higher.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
The DD dyno at the shop does not read like a dynojet, even ask your boy Al. There are acouple people who got dynoed back to back on the shops dyno and a dynojet, and the dynojet numbers where higher.
does it matter how high the final numbers are?

the only number that make sense = final # - baseline #

higher baseline, higher final #s
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

I've gotten to 363 with the mods in my signature. You'll need meth or race gas to hit 375.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris@nolimitmotors
+1 on this one.

Warr you 've said this before and its not true. Back to back dynosheets prove it. You can even ask Al on this one.

You are giving me the impression that you have issues with The Shop and you don't like the numbers they show...

On average it shows 12% less the Dynojets. Probably tomorrow i will have Dynojet figures on my car and i will able to compare for the 2nd time Dyno Dynamics-Dynojet differences...

Now to see 375whp on a Dynojet with 23psi boost it is difficult without cams.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ghoonk
Warr, looking at your post above, what would someone with a 03 VIII get out of 3" turboback (stock O2 housing), intake, fuel pump, mail-in flash (26 psi peak) and 272 cams?

anything above 300 whp/300 wtq?
I would hope that would give you way over 300/300, but you probably should not run 26psi unless it's on race gas.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SlowCar
does it matter how high the final numbers are?

the only number that make sense = final # - baseline #

higher baseline, higher final #s
I never said they did matter, i just was stating the shops DD dosnt read like a dynojet.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, so if that DD reads 12% lower than a Dynojet, then nObject's "friend" who made 350 there with basic stg1 mods on pump gas would make 387 on a Dynojet - errr, don't think so.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Well our DD deffially dosnt read like a dynojet for sure. Steves car made 27 less whp on it, then he did on a dynojet. Which is about 12%. As for my car i dont have a baseline, but it made 375whp and 393torque DD numbers. It had a nice 37psi stock turbo spike, but we lowered it

Last edited by Chris@nolimitmotors; Feb 2, 2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by geevolution
I was just wondering 375whp is attainable on a IX, with the following mods @ 23psi

Intake
FMIC
IC Piping
Throttle Body
Exhaust manifold
o2 housing
Turbo Back Exhaust
Fuel Pump
Flash
Boost Controller

No Cams, no meth
what octane would you be running on?

It would be hard pressed to get 375 on pump gas. You would need a test pipe too.

Besides, if you did reach 375, your oem injectors would be maxed out.

I disagree with the Throttle body coment made. I picked up 5 whp everywhere, with a max of 8 whp in some places.

Last edited by Aby@MIL.SPEC; Feb 2, 2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: for the cheap shot
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Well, you do remember what Steve said, right?

WHOA, this thread makes me scared to post up dyno sheets when we get our Dyno Dynamics Dyno.

I DONT KNOW IF IT MATTERS, BUT WE JUST ORDERED A BRAND NEW DD DYNO AND WE WERE TOLD BY THEM IN THESE EXACT WORDS:

"ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED THAT THE NUMBERS ARE LOW, SIMILAR TO MUSTANG DYNOS AND MANY PEOPLE SAY DYNOJETS GIVE MORE ACCURATE NUMBERS OF WHAT CARS ARE MAKING TO THE WHEELS, SO WE CHANGED THE SOFTWARE IN THE NEWEST DYNOS TO READ MORE LIKE DYNOJETS"

Now The Shop's dyno is only a few months ago, and I think they got it in October. I was told that at SEMA (1st week of NOV) by the DD rep. The newest DD's are supposed to be closer to dynojets. 373whp and 3050 with driver sound almost dead on with a 120mph trap. I made 379whp on a dynojet and trapped 117 weighing in around 3350 in my 2005 evo. 300 lbs would definitely equivilate the 3mph increase in trap speed.
As for "my boy Al," this is what he said about The Shop's numbers:

Shiv, actually 1.1 is what we are using at this time.

I agree that its a matter of which way you look at it, however, I think that in the USA the Dyno Jet is the most widely respected measure of the total power.

Using this approach, we can give the customer a Dyno Jet equivilant power number while at the same time having the more advanced loading and tuning resolution of the Dyno Dynamics.

It should be noted that even at 1.1 our dyno seems to be on the low side of most Dyno Jets but its at least in the same ball park.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WOT
what octane would you be running on?

It would be hard pressed to get 375 on pump gas. You would need a test pipe too.

Besides, if you did reach 375, your oem injectors would be maxed out.

I disagree with the Throttle body coment made. I picked up 5 whp everywhere, with a max of 8 whp in some places.

Maybe warralton is referencing his experience with a tb supplied by his sponsor.
How hard is it to spell "talon"? That was a cheap shot referencing my sponsor. No, BR did not give me one, and that's because it makes no sense to add one with these mods. Your "results" are abnormal on a lightly-modified Evo.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Yea well we are not using a 1.1 correction on ours, neither was the shop AT FIRST. Our dyno is not reading like a dynojet. Steves car made 278whp on our dyno and 305whp on a dynojet, back to back.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
nobject, it was likely the DD at The Shop, which reads like a Dynojet, not like other DDs who are way lower than Dynojets. Regardless, one car doing it doesn't warrant you saying "at least." Remember, that means your buddy is making the least possible power for those mods and that everyone else makes more. That is not the case - maybe you just didn't mean to say the "at least" part.

you are indeed correct.. and by "at least" I ment the most power out of it not the least ammount so I see the confussion.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Well, Chris, that's fine, but they ARE applying a 1.1 correction to the numbers, therefore it's reading more like a Dynojet. There's no way to deny it. Unless you want to take all results from there and remove 10%, then that's how it is. It doesn't matter how yours reads or if you don't apply the 1.1 correction, because we're talking about The Shop.
Old Feb 2, 2007 | 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nObject
you are indeed correct.. and by "at least" I ment the most power out of it not the least ammount so I see the confussion.
Then you would say "at most," not "at least."

Quick Reply: 375whp attainable?