Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

gt35r vs. 50trim (debate!)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
So you were staring at the boost guage... and the moment you saw it read 28 PSI, you looked at the tach and it read below 5k? Just curious because I can promise that is hard to do because the car is moving at that point. Funny how first you said 4300 full boost, and now your saying deffo under 5k.

I don't need a tune dude, I run Autronic and car was tuned by top UK tuner who flew here just for the tuning. So thanks for the advice though.

No need for us to argue though. Like I said, I'd prefer to believe the dozens of people that reported their logs than the claim of one person without real data.
4300, full boost
Old Apr 2, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had both the 3076 and 35R and I wouldn't go back to the 3076. The 35R spools about as fast and the top end is amazing. But, If you're not going to run 26+ psi, I would go with the 50 trim.

BTW, I have a Buschur turbo kit mani and 02 housing for sale if you're interested. The only thing you need to do is add the turbo of your choice and you're good to go. I was going to put a 50 trim on it and see what power it made, but I just don't have time. Shot me a PM if your interested.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High_PSI
4300, full boost
High PSI, please don't take this the wrong way, but there have been a bunch of people claiming spool up similar to what you posted, but I have yet to see one post a log verifying their claim. Check the thread and you can see for yourself. Notice that even with different kits and tuners, the spool up is still similar. Now, I'm not saying it isn't possible, but you can't blame someone for calling BS on your claim, especially without logs.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
With all do respect he did have Cosworth cams and MIVEC not to mention METH which allows a lot more timing especially during spoolup. Was it exactly 4300? Probably not, maybe a LIL more but many logs show 20-22PSI by then and if you know anything about the BB GT35R turbo its that the initial spool is laggy meaning 10-12PSI is a little laggy and then SNAP!!! Full boost. Certainly WAY before 5000, 5500 is just nuts unless there is something effecting it like a tune, atmosphere or a leak. I am just saying that from my personal experience in an VIII and an IX the IX blows away the VIII's ability to spool larger turbos, it really is amazing and VERY streetable.

People forget just how effective MIVEC is especially when tuned with the massively accurate timing control abilities that the AEM EMS has not to mention the METH which again, allows far more timing advance and yes spool.

It's a perfect storm gentleman, use all high quality parts, AMS Turbo kit/FMIC/Exhaust/Tuning/standalone/Meth, you can have some SERIOUS whp.

Last edited by High_PSI; Apr 2, 2007 at 08:58 PM.