Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

different ebay 02 housings / turbo outlet pipes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
different ebay 02 housings / turbo outlet pipes

so you guys that have ordered ss-autochrome/xs power 02 housings or have seen results, which 02 housing was it? there seems to be one with the 02 sensor on the top (exhuast side tube with wastegate divided off) and one with the 02 sensor on the bottom (like stock) where the tubes merge for the downpipe. they ended up sending me the one with the 02 in the stock'ish position at the bottom. the piece itself seems a little crappy compared to other turbo outlet pipes i've owned for other cars. i've had a megan totally break off at the turbo flange and replaced it with a greddy which has held up for 2 years now (sr20det). you could totally tell the megan was made with really thin metal. this xs power 02 feels the same way... so i'm kinda wondering if this is the one that everyone is having success with? here's pics of the 2 types from the same ebay add...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQitemZ150090512889

the one that most places seem to advertise with the 02 sensor mounted up high

and the one i got below with the 02 mounted near the stock location

Old Feb 13, 2007, 01:05 AM
Evolving Member

Wink

i have the top one...its holding fine and i have had it for at least 15k miles...i rather have the bottom on like you have but i ended up just ordering any o2 housing since ebay hardly has the actual picture of the product...so i went for the cheapest one...the bottom one however looks more like the dnperformance design which will probably flow the same regardless of o2 sensor location...but if your worried about warping because of the thin steel heating up and cooling...then i would recommend getting the o2 housing ceramic coated for cooler engine bay temps and keeping the o2 housing from expanding as much(thus warping)

--oh yeah...mine was thin tooo
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:08 PM

hmm so it looks like most people are having success with the top one. has anyone dyno'd the bottom one to any successful gains?