Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

serach search search!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
serach search search!!!

I know people probably have already asked this so please no flaming, I have also searched for this topic and nothing really lead to anything. I have an 05 evo 8 with tbe, intake (just cone filter), tubular manifold, 75 shot nitrous, s-afc2, boost controller (spikes to about 25 psi and settles down to 22psi). I think thats about it. the afr's are set to around 11.0-11.5:1. currently im am having fuel cut issues in second or third gear generally. as soon as it happens i back off immediately. but when viewing my wideband it goes lean for about a second and then comes back. that is why i think it is fuel cut. but, my question is..... would i need fuel injectors along with a pump or just a pump? also what is the stock injector max out point, as far as hp? I have been wondering if 785cc injectors and pump would be enough. I think it has been kinda strange that may car has treated me this well with out anything to really support what i have. the car ran a 12.4@112.5 with stock exhaust, a filter, a boost controller set to 22 psi and afc on pump gas (alaska pump gas is 90 octane). I use torco to boost octane so i do not detonate. but, any help would be appreciated. thank you for reading.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 02:26 AM

anyone?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1) Fuel cut is caused by surpassing a preset airflow volume in the ECU. Running so much boost without a proper tune (re: flash) is why it's happening.

2) That's an exorbitant amount of boost for 90oct - extremely dangerous. Are you saying you run torco ALL the time? Even that is not wise.

3) That combo of mods is destined for destruction.

4) You should never in a million years be running your car this way without a fuel pump.

5) Your Evo doesn't need injectors either, but in order to run an SAFC, you do need injectors so that you can remove a ton of fuel and thus combat fuel cut by fooling the MAF. This is a very poor way to setup a car, imo, when you could just flash it and stick with stock injectors.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

I think you need more nitrous.. lots more..
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:25 PM
Fomer Vendor

Have you checked the welds on your intake manifold?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Jesus, all those mods, that much boost, and spray!!! I am suprised you havent hit fuel cut while spraying and blown your motor into the ground. You need a fuel pump yesterday. That is the reason for your brick wall, unless of course, you are also untuned, in which case it is twofold, the lack of a fuel pump and what warr said.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 01:54 AM

yeah like i said im surprised that my car has treated me so well. and yes, i do use torco all the time with no ill effects. the gas up here is kinda strange for that fact that it all changes during the winter to a really oxygenated and alcoholed fuel to combat freezing. mind you it is Alaska. bascially i have nothing really working for me up here. no dyno's or any type of tuning facility. when i shot nitrous as well i did not hit fuel cut, which was surprising to me but meh. i have been looking into several different flashes. the buschur flash seems to scream to me the most. that or i was going to get an e-manage ultimate. thanks for the input though.

oh yeah i have checked the welds on the manifold.....i blew them to shreds hahaha. and i was contemplating a 10000 shot. dunno if that would be enough though
Old Feb 16, 2007, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

get a pump and a flash and let me just say your either ballsy or dumb
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:23 AM
Fomer Vendor

Originally Posted by rallyr
oh yeah i have checked the welds on the manifold.....i blew them to shreds hahaha. and i was contemplating a 10000 shot. dunno if that would be enough though