Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

A Public Apology To Shepard Racing.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Public Apology To Shepard Racing.

Originally Posted by KartaRailed
Again very interesting, too bad my trannys on its way back from shep right now, I would have been a great gineau pig for evom. Shep took forever and a day, kind of a letdown for me, as everyone I talked to said he had great turn around and I have been without a car for going on 6 weeks.
I would like to take this time now to apologize to Shepard racing. What I wrote in another thread, looking back at it, was a stupid thing to say, and is pretty much representative of nothing that actually happened. The above post is pretty much bending of facts to amount to making someone look bad. To be perfectly honest, I think I was just angry as I have no car to drive, since my DD was stolen like a month before I went for transmission work, and my Evo has been down for a long time. In all reality, the most time possible that Shepard has had my transmission for is about 3 weeks. He says that it is still a long time for them to have a transmission, but I now realize that I pay to play, and when I get my car back I’m more than sure that I will be more than pleased with the work done. Thank you Mr. Shepard for pointing out what I had done, and not bringing it to my attention in a rude way, but rather acting like a professional about it, showing me in a civil manner, and I hope that this will make up for what happened before. Thanks for your time all, and for reading this, but I just wanted to make sure that my stupidity didn’t tarnish and otherwise sterling record of an excellent shop and man.

I just confirmed with Shep that he in fact had the transmission ready to go a little over a week after it got to him, but due to a miscommunication via email, that is the reason payment and shipping was held up. It was a mistake, and I wont be pointing any fingers, because it probibly came down to an undelivered email or something to that extent. Thanks again shep.

-Robert

Last edited by KartaRailed; Feb 22, 2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We all know how not being able to drive our cars can effect us Im going on 5months and am going crazy!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:54 AM

it takes a real man to admit when he is wrong and apologize for it. much respect
Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NIevo
We all know how not being able to drive our cars can effect us Im going on 5months and am going crazy!
Yeah I know, dosent mean I feel like any less of a dick for it.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 09:59 AM
Account Disabled

I know exactly where your coming from, I have been without my evo for 2 months now, mainly because just before I got my tranny back I decided to ship my tcase to them (got delayed due to weather with shipping) and John actually worked his *** off, got me my tcase shipped back asap and was able to have it back to me just in time for when I needed it...He even shipped it without charging or having any of my info which is pretty amazing considering not many shops would do that...I was really impressed with my whole experience and will be doing a full write up shortly about it...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

You can always go back and edit your old post as well. Theres no reason to leave it up there as it is if your going to appologize for it. If someone sees that, and not this appology, they still are going to think bad of Shep.

Go back and edit, thats the real way to make it right.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
btw its Shepherd
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:06 AM

whats a DD?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:06 AM
Account Disabled

daily driver...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:08 AM

Everyone gets alittle crazy sometime!!

Last edited by EVOWHT; Feb 22, 2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 20psiMR
You can always go back and edit your old post as well. Theres no reason to leave it up there as it is if your going to appologize for it. If someone sees that, and not this appology, they still are going to think bad of Shep.

Go back and edit, thats the real way to make it right.
I thought I did already, I hate this internet connection, 56k no way.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is very big of you and quite rare in the message board world. John is a first class guy and very humble. Kudos to both you for resolving this.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Live and learn man.. that's life

PS: How do you like the new trans?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Robert,

The important thing is that you corrected your comments towards them. We all fully understand your frustration on this matter, whenever you have your belove car down for a few days you typically show signs of frustration, we all do.

Lets all forget about this incident and lets keep supporting this great transmission heaven that is Shepperd-racing.

Carlos
Old Feb 22, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
Live and learn man.. that's life

PS: How do you like the new trans?
Still havent gotten it, why do you think I was so mad the other day. Its on its way back, expect a full write up when Its broken in, as Im going to be hitting the strip to see how much of a difference a shep tranny and a good clutch make in my 1/4th mile times, personal best was a 12.99@105.8 with a slipping off the line clutch, that at best was cutting 2.0's shorts. So with some 1.7 shorts and no lift shifting on my new bullet proof transmission, I hope I can knock that time down signifigantly.

Quick Reply: A Public Apology To Shepard Racing.