Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help!!!Spike and Creep problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!Spike and Creep problems!!!

Hey guys, im having some boost creep/ spike problems. First off i run a greddy profec-b spec 2. Well the other night i took out the evo and it was prolly 32 degrees out. well i did multiple pulls in 3rd gear to get an idea of spike or creep befot a i beat the **** out of her. well it spiked 22.6 psi, so i was like ok its good to go. As i was turning onto i355 i nailed it in 2nd gear and clicked 3rd. The car ripped like crazy, to the point that i had to focus on traffic and not my boost gauge. well it spiked 28.4 psi!!!!! I turned it down alot and was back to like 22 psi

The next night i took her out and did a few pulls. Well the boost was way down. This time i re tuned the profec settings by doing 1st through 4th gear pulls and had it set for a 22 psi spike again. well it was basically set the same as it was the day befor when i hit 28psi? well everything was fine, i was back on i355 and a ***** wit a srt4 rolled up. well i rolled on the throttle in 5th and it hit 29.3psi. Holy crap. I turned off the profec-B and never really got on it again.

So it seems as if im having spike problems as well as creep problems. but only after ive been driving it for awhile. Help and suggestions please.....Im gunna through some 100 octane in her and see whats up tomorrow in the day i think.....help please!!!
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

bump.......any ideas
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

The massive creep in 5th sounds normal. The massive creep in 2nd doesn't.

I would try not rolling onto it in 5th, and try another pul 1st through whatever. Even though you turned the gain down liker you said you did (over the phone) its still gonna creep most likely.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

not as much creep in second, just massive spike. Thats why its hard to break this problem down into one area, cause the problem is affecting both creep and spike in different gears. Although i hope this is just a side affect of winter.....I just want to make sure.