Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Final Twin-Disc Clutch Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Twin-Disc Clutch Thread

Guys,

It is time to put an end to all of the twin-disc clutch debate and crown the best daily-driver twin-disc clutch available for the EVO. I am judging them based on torque-capacity, push/pull design, rebuild cost, longevity, and driveability. I think these are all important aspects to consider when making an investment such as a clutch replacement. The clutches in question are: Exedy Twin-Plate metallic HD, Cusco Twin-Plate metallic, Tilton Twin-Plate Ceremetallic, Carbonetics/ATS Twin-Plate Carbon, DevoTuning/Quartermaster Twin-Plate metallic. If there are any other clutches you guys think are worth throwing into this battle, feel free.

So, what do you guys think of each of these clutches and which do you think is the best choice?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Im getting a carbonetics installed, simply because I drove one and it had great pedal feel, not to mention its rated for a LOT of power. I was going to get a tilton, but for a DD, the fact that the clutch is so loud it trips knock codes, I dont think I could deal with it.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for your input, bro. Let us know how the Carbonetics works out for you! Good luck w/ it!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

i just got the exedy one. had some problems at the beginning with bolts backing out but now its working just fine. holds great
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Carbonetic twin carbon. Pedal feel is like stock and engagement is smooth. The only issue i've had with it is that it is loud ( a lot louder than my friends exedy twin). Though the noise is fine with me, my car now tends to missfire on the freeway due to the knock sensor picking up all the added drivetrain noise.