Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Nos kit for evo 8?
Good Idea
26.67%
Bad idea?
73.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

NOS Kit for EVo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2003, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOS Kit for EVo

Havent see this pop up really. Anybody planning on getting NOS. I want to get a 50 shot to help w/ the lag off the line. Can the evo 8 take it? Need to change any fuel parts? good idea or bad idea?
Old Jun 1, 2003, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

i might set up a rpm nitrous kit on mine. it will shut off at a certain rpm.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 11:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have mixed emotions about running nitrous with this car.. Just the amount of boost and the cylinder pressures involved with nitrous concerns me.. NOW With that said.. I DO intend to run a small 25hp (or so) nitrous kit after my mods are complete.. I don't recommend a dry system, ESPECIALLY if your running an S-AFC since most tuners are using the AFC's to lean out your fuel curve...

I think a really small nitrous system, As LOW a HP rating as you can get, will actually give you alot of gains due to lowering the air temp, therefore increasing intake density a bit..

Ok.. With all of that said.. I don't know if the engine (at the least the head gasket) could handle it without damaging anything, but as long as you can compensate the nitrous with the required extra fuel, it should be fairly safe.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 12:13 PM

That sounds like a great idea...running a 50 shot until 3000 RPM to help with the off turbo power deficiency.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

Lag off the line????????????

Havent see this pop up really. Anybody planning on getting NOS. I want to get a 50 shot to help w/ the lag off the line. Can the evo 8 take it? Need to change any fuel parts? good idea or bad idea?

Maybe its just me but I don't think I have ever seen an Evo with any kind of lag what so ever off the line. Unless it was like broken or something!
Old Jun 1, 2003, 12:24 PM
EvoM Guru

I don't think anyone means true turbo lag.. I just think they mean that with all wheel drive, and the amount of torque the motor produces, it can bog off the line if the revs aren't up at 5000rpm.. a small nitrous kit can make up for that..
Old Jun 1, 2003, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

a new clutch will fix that problem. Try launching over 5000 rpms, lets say 7000 and its feels like your on the way to the moon. Besides adding NOS won't make it launch better, without a clutch the stock one will just slip worse than beforehand!
Old Jun 1, 2003, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

I know with my stock clutch there was no way I could launch anywhere near 5000 and well then thats not really launching then anyway! If you plan on any launching get a clutch first. If not granny start and then punch it!
Old Jun 1, 2003, 12:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Bahah.. I granny start all the time.. Still run alot better than I would expect to..
Old Jun 1, 2003, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by evocrazy
a new clutch will fix that problem. Try launching over 5000 rpms, lets say 7000 and its feels like your on the way to the moon. Besides adding NOS won't make it launch better, without a clutch the stock one will just slip worse than beforehand!
I think NOS will help because then you won't have to dump the clutch in turbo RPM range. You won't have to worry about having the turbo spooling on launch, since you'll have NOS to help up the non-turbo power.
Old Jun 1, 2003, 01:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Yep.. I think that was the original point.. though I'm insane, I would keep it running throughout the RPM range
Old Jun 1, 2003, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

I'll wait for someone else to try installing Nitrous in their car first before I try it...but, I dont see the issues with a small 50-75 shot... I like some of the ZEX kits, almost got one on my RSX-S that had an 11:1 comp ratio

-Shahul

ps- please dont call it NOS ....its that kind of name-brand association thats destroying our land (Randal from CLERKS)
Old Jun 1, 2003, 05:50 PM
EvoM Guru

If I have to hear one more ricer scream NAWS (NOS) I'm gonna explode.. I have been doing this for almost 20 years, and NEVER heard anyone call it NAWS until I saw FNTF.. Now I Have to hear every joker using it..
Old Jun 1, 2003, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evocrazy
Any recommendation on what aftermarket clutch is good ?
Old Jun 2, 2003, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BOTTLES ARE FOR BABIES

Quick Reply: NOS Kit for EVo