Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

You wont believe what Just Fin Happend, what a Crappy Day :(

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nikkadanny
tell your parents and let them sponsor you a new tranny

Bump for the OP
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
i dont get why you guys are giving him crap about it... its not the first time macro's screwed up.. and he's allowed to voice his opinion, its a forum. he's suppose to give good and bad reviews. for his tune to be off and make such crappy power, obviously its some1's fault.

i knew he hasn't a great tuner, its not hard tuning stock turbo, stock injectors with a few bolt ons.... but its a little more challenging when everything has been swapped for bigger and better. i posted my intial thoughts when pure player first got tuned how i would take my car to marco to get something installed or fabbed up. i hear he's great with tuning when it comes to other cars.

cheers!
I do read this forum alot but do not reply to posts like this because I'm not here to argue. I usually post on threads where I can help with my experience. I have been tuning EVO's for a long time, even before they were released in the US and true, we are recognized more for cars other then EVO's such as the fast Porsche's that we build. Tuning EVO's with large injectors, big turbo, stroker engines, etc... is more challenging but is not any problem. There are many good tuners out there and I'm not saying that I'm the best tuner or anything like that but I did learn the old school way of tuning and went to classes in the past and I have spent a lot of time on dyno's and at the race track tuning and always learning new things.
As for PurePlayeaer, I do not have any problem with him. I think what he wrote was misunderstood? I talked with him yesterday when he called to schedule an appointment to install more parts on his car and what he had told me is that his car DID make good power on the dyno for the street tune I did and it hit boost cut in a high gear (which i left a boost cut on for safely) and someone looked at the tune but did not change it and told him that the injector scaling was wrong. Even though, the afr read 11.3 on the pulls. I have different software then most people have for tuning the EVO's and my scaling may not be readable but for an 850cc injector, i might have a 7xx # but that is just a way that I may tune the fuel and it still has the targeted afr. The dyno info I got from PurePlaer so If I misunderstood, he can correct me. If it made good power with the afr around 11.3:1, I do not see how you call that a "crappy tune"
4 wheel slide, I dont think I have ever met you? I think you passed me one day and honked and waved because of the car I drive? I do not have any problems with you, I just wonder why you have posted many negative things about me?
Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading
-Marco
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rsturbo
I do read this forum alot but do not reply to posts like this because I'm not here to argue. I usually post on threads where I can help with my experience. I have been tuning EVO's for a long time, even before they were released in the US and true, we are recognized more for cars other then EVO's such as the fast Porsche's that we build. Tuning EVO's with large injectors, big turbo, stroker engines, etc... is more challenging but is not any problem. There are many good tuners out there and I'm not saying that I'm the best tuner or anything like that but I did learn the old school way of tuning and went to classes in the past and I have spent a lot of time on dyno's and at the race track tuning and always learning new things.
As for PurePlayeaer, I do not have any problem with him. I think what he wrote was misunderstood? I talked with him yesterday when he called to schedule an appointment to install more parts on his car and what he had told me is that his car DID make good power on the dyno for the street tune I did and it hit boost cut in a high gear (which i left a boost cut on for safely) and someone looked at the tune but did not change it and told him that the injector scaling was wrong. Even though, the afr read 11.3 on the pulls. I have different software then most people have for tuning the EVO's and my scaling may not be readable but for an 850cc injector, i might have a 7xx # but that is just a way that I may tune the fuel and it still has the targeted afr. The dyno info I got from PurePlaer so If I misunderstood, he can correct me. If it made good power with the afr around 11.3:1, I do not see how you call that a "crappy tune"
4 wheel slide, I dont think I have ever met you? I think you passed me one day and honked and waved because of the car I drive? I do not have any problems with you, I just wonder why you have posted many negative things about me?
-Marco
If it is true about the tuning software being different then that may be the case. I just see a guy who came on here praising the ground you walk on, and he see's the results from the tune and a comment from another tuner that i've had tune my car before, who has never said anything negative about you by the way and also said your place is the only place he reccomends for installations down here. i just understand how disappointed he was and for him to come on here and explain the situation then be completely knocked for voicing what happened isn't right. as far as the boost cut, thats great. i never knocked that most tuners here disable it by setting it to rediculous levels.

i've had my car screwed up too. i got a base flash from dynoflash before i knew much about the car because it seemed like the safe thing to do. later after getting the correct equiptment i found out my car was running super lean with massive timing and was knocking 10-15 count on a daily basis. If i didn't decied to learn how to tune my own car and be able to make adjustments i would still be driving on that horrible tune.

i know you have the installation experience and tuning experience with other cars. i just havent seen any super fast evo's come out of your shop. The only real comparison i have is javiers evo. when i raced him he had more parts, race gas, less wieght and i still pulled him. i dont want it too seem like im burning any bridges because thats not what im trying to do. im going to need an engine rebuild eventually and i plan on sending the car to you. i dont know if you have it in your records but i called a couple months ago to have the tranny dropped to be shipped out to shep or tre. lucky for myself i changed the tranny fluid and the grind went away.

my apologies for saying it was a crappy tune, i should have asked a couple questions before making an assumption about the tune itself. it wasn't my intentions.

cheers!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
thanks for the hate

the was a rootbeer float.. shesh
i cant help not to reply on this one with a sorry im not much of a help on this one.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rsturbo
-Marco
Marco, I do appologize for the stuff i said earlier, I basically jumped on here without talking to you about it first n posted a bunch of b.s. which is mainly why I deleted it all. I still love going to your shop n hanging out with all the people, n BSing about cars n stuff, n you do know what your talking about, and what your doing. I will see you on thursday (Praying my Shifter Buschings Come in tomorrow or Thursday Morning lol)

Thanks again for the Correction, I still had no right to jump on here n comment the way a did. Im still a little immature
Old Mar 10, 2007, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

this had got be the funniest sh%t ive read in a while.... i laughed.... i cried.... i laughed some more.... im just curious as to who the tuner was who looked at the map and said it was garbage?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

i know who the tuner was and he's one of the best , it only took him 2 mins. to figure out the problem how come billet didnt figure that out earlier ... who knows
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by kikazzdrummer88
i know who the tuner was and he's one of the best , it only took him 2 mins. to figure out the problem how come billet didnt figure that out earlier ... who knows
to clear things up... The tuner that looked at the map is a well known/good tuner and from what Chris told me, nothing was changed in the map beside the tuner raising the boost cut. There was no "problem" with the tune, we just simply left a boost cut in the map incase the car overboosted on pump gas which it must of done on the first pull to hit it. Chris' EVO was a street tune till we set a dyno date that we didn't do yet. It was not a "crappy" tune, Chris just misunderstood what someone had told him about the tune not being right which it made good power on the street tune with a good afr. I keep hearing about this incident from a lot of people all because I left a boost cut on for pump gas safety lol
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
what was the result of your shifter bushing issue

an update would be nice
Old Mar 31, 2007, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
what was the result of your shifter bushing issue

an update would be nice
sorry for the latee update, lol

I ordered some Metal shifter buschings from buschur racing, and had them installed at billet, after that shiftings felt alot smoother, the shifter is alot stiffer (feels almost as a short throw shifter) and i havent had the problem since (mainly because the rubber pos is gone)

so, i highly recommend buschur racings, or anyones metal shifter buschings before the problem happens to you