Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

You wont believe what Just Fin Happend, what a Crappy Day :(

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You wont believe what Just Fin Happend, what a Crappy Day :(

This is what happend, im driving to drop off my friend home and i downshifted to slow down and my like suddenly i couldnt put it into gear, like i could move my shfiter in a full 360 degree circle w/o any gears, so i pulled over to a neighborhood and i get really pissed thinking something got f'ed up with my transmission? maybe i blew it? IDK. so my friend calls his dad who use to work on cars n trucks n he says it could be my clutch line popped off, but he didnt know right away, so he drove over to take a look at it, and behind the stock battery there is this shifter bushing (i think its the thing that buschur makes metal ones of) and it poped off of the line, so my friends dad set me up in second gear, and i drove home in second gear (like 1 mile) with them following me. when we got to my house we took off the stock battery to get a better look at it and try to fix it, and it was a pain in the as$ to get back on, but once we got it on we thought it would be ok, so we installed my minibattery really fast while there was no battery in place. so i get in the car to drive around the block, and at first feel, it felt like i had a short throw shifter, my lower gears were extremly short, 2nd 4th n 6th were really close to neutral, and 1st 3rd n 5th were in normal position. so i jamed down 2nd n it went into place fine n from then it was ok, so i turned on the car n went for a ride around the neighborhood to test out the gears, while i was driving it was REALLY hard to get into certian gears, especially 4th n now 5th. but i pulled over, sprayed seom WD40 on it, and it was going in slightly better, but 4th was still hard as SHEIT. so i drove home n now idk wtf to do.

Can anyone help me please? I guess imma have to take it somewhere to be looked at? Did i seriously damage something, or is it really no biggie?

Can Anyone give me some ideas on what to do?'

Thanks alot, Especially for reading it all, sorry it was long.

Screw Crappy -->

Last edited by Pure Playaer; Feb 25, 2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

sucks dude...
Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

did u even read it? lol

thanks for the advice
Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
call shep soon
Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
call shep soon
for a possible shifter bearing?

again did u read the thread?

how about some serious help guys?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, that was very hard to read, your grammar & spelling are atrocious.
As to your present problem with the tranny/ clutch, I couldn't tell you anything, you would need to get it in to a shop. On the other issue regarding the tune, I would've called and talked to Marco before trashing him on this public forum, who knows what actually happened and what his response would be, had you given him the chance. if I were him I wouldn't touch your car now, but he's not like me, he's a really decent guy, so he'll probably try to help you if you ask him. Sorry I don't have any pertinent advice that will help you.
I would say this though. Did you even attempt to contact him in regards to this issue before trashing him publicly? From reading your previous posts, I'd doubt it.
Hope you get things squared away.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sgt Blamo
Honestly, that was very hard to read, your grammar & spelling are atrocious.
As to your present problem with the tranny/ clutch, I couldn't tell you anything, you would need to get it in to a shop. On the other issue regarding the tune, I would've called and talked to Marco before trashing him on this public forum, who knows what actually happened and what his response would be, had you given him the chance. if I were him I wouldn't touch your car now, but he's not like me, he's a really decent guy, so he'll probably try to help you if you ask him. Sorry I don't have any pertinent advice that will help you.
I would say this though. Did you even attempt to contact him in regards to this issue before trashing him publicly? From reading your previous posts, I'd doubt it.
Hope you get things squared away.
dude i have noting against billet design n actually have been trying to get n appointment there for a very long time.

in no such way am i trashing them, are u some sort of billet design fanboy? cuz u always stick up for them when someone has something little to say. now had i of sat here n told everyone how ****ed up billet is that would of been a different story, but to be honest, i had STOCK injector settings, on 880cc injectors, basically something u dont miss while ur tuning a big turbo car. i will be talking to him tomorrow about it. so dont sit here n tell him im trashing talking him. ill see what he does about it then

plain and simple

excuse me, calling them on monday when there open, unless someones there tomorrow which there might be?

p.s. why do u have to be like all the other girly ppl on this forum.. my damn spelling and gramer isnt that bad, im not righting a ***ing essay. thanks for grading me on it! damn

Last edited by Pure Playaer; Feb 24, 2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
my advice was to call shep as he know loads about the 4g63 and could probaly trouble shoot it over the phone.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
my advice was to call shep as he know loads about the 4g63 and could probaly trouble shoot it over the phone.
ill shoot him a call see what he has to say

is he open tomorrow?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be in the area on Monday if you want to get mouthy with me in person, other wise watch your tone with me, I didn't go insulting you, don't go insulting me!
I was simply being honest with you, sorry I offended you. It just makes it harder for other people to read.
As to whether or not you we re trashing Billet, it sure seemed that way to me and I'll even wager, to anyone else reading this post. You're entitled to handle things as you see fit, I just don't respect the way you're going about it and I happen to have a lot of respect for Marco.
Since you "seem" to be a decent young kid, I'd suggest that you keep the personal comments limited to your peers, and not get mouthy with people you don't know.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sgt Blamo
I'll be in the area on Monday if you want to get mouthy with me in person, other wise watch your tone with me, I didn't go insulting you, don't go insulting me!
I was simply being honest with you, sorry I offended you. It just makes it harder for other people to read.
As to whether or not you we re trashing Billet, it sure seemed that way to me and I'll even wager, to anyone else reading this post. You're entitled to handle things as you see fit, I just don't respect the way you're going about it and I happen to have a lot of respect for Marco.
Since you "seem" to be a decent young kid, I'd suggest that you keep the personal comments limited to your peers, and not get mouthy with people you don't know.
i appolgoize, i just dont like being treated liek a dumbass. especially when it comes to grammer n ****, trust me any person who can assume U means YOU, will know what im typing.

As for my tone, u came hard at me saying stuff about marco, when all i have done is supported them from day one, but honestly, i dont htink ive gotten the best of treatment there, althou they have done alot for me, and i have recommended ALOT of people to them! not to mention i have billet stickers on my car spreading there name, but when stuff liek this arises it just calls for anger. sorry, but a professional tuner, tuning 880 injectors does not just forget to tune the injector scaleling especially for the money i paid.

im did not start this thread to trash talk billet, it was simply part of the bad day, i am simply posting what happend to me today, and the tuning problem was part, so i posted about it, what did i do wrong?!

now youve yet to tell me anything about my bushings. or the real problem inwhich made me start this thread
Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

sounds like a bent shifter fork.... call shep
Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

OK, no problem then, were cool.
I can't advise you on something I can't see or hear. have you checked your brake fluid level, as that feeds your slave cylinder. If that's low, that would be a good place to start. I had an issue with my clutch about a week ago, the fluid had somehow leaked down and I couldn't get it in or out of gear. Once checked & tightened the lower drain nut, re-filled it to normal, it worked fine. Other than that, it would need to be on a lift to inspect. I'd be checking for leaks from the tranny & T-case. Check those things and then post what you find. hopefully it's just your slave cylinder or low fluid.
Let us know.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
raise the clutch engagment up alot... not the best for the car... but it should make it muuuuch easier to get in and out of gear...

evolution561 and myself are meeting up tomorrow around my house in parkland for a tune. if u wanna swing by we can try to check it out right on 441 and the sawgrass at 2.

pm me and ill give ya my cell if ur interested.

cheers!
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The tune thing is pretty humorous in my opinion. There are plausible reasons marco could have keep stock injector settings but I'm not going to dive into them. I'll leave it to the man himself to make any claims.

As for your shifter bushing i believe what you are describing is in reality the control housing. There should be two cables connected to it. My understanding of their functions is pretty limited but i will endeavor to do my best here.

1) is connected to the control itself
2) is connected to the select lever

If your select lever was reversed i doubt it would shift at all. However if the select lever wasn't operating correctly I believe it would lead to upper gear shifting problems. I believe it moves the control shaft up and down to select the range of gears (1&2, 3&4, 5&6, R)

Doubtless you'll need an expert to look at it a whole range of problems could be here like binding on the cables and so forth. I however doubt you have injured your transmission at this time.

Quick Reply: You wont believe what Just Fin Happend, what a Crappy Day :(