Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP EvoGreen + AMS VSR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monies41
does anyone ever read anymore this is directly from their site!!!

"AMS recomends any car looking to run less then 650 Whp should use either the stock Throttle body or a ported stock throttle body. This will ensure your stock Idle Air control motor to remain functonal and drastically improve daily Driveability."

Reno evo is dead on with his comment, but sorry bro you threw 1200 down the ****ter!!!!!!!!!!!!
an intake manifold is not a throttle body. he bought the vsr INTAKE MANIFOLD and is going to port his stock throttle body, as recomended. please read people.

as well i just asked ams if the VSR works with the stock ecu go to AMS's sub forum and into the intake manifold group buy and read up.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder if evom should issue an IQ test before handing out posting privileges.

Keep us updated Mr. Birdie, I wonder how the car will do, also if you could a custom 100 octane map that would be great.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

hahahahaha
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

LOL, but anyway I did do a search in the sub forum and on VSR intake manifold. It doesn't seem like there any " noticeable lost " in the low end and spooling charateristic of the turbo. All the graph I got the chance to analyze and look over, it does seem like the VSR got good gain and provide flat torque curve.

I'll be looking forward in updating you guys with the result. I'm not sure If I can provide a 100 map tune anytime soon due to the insuifficent funds. Unless you guys are willing to help me out on it =)
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

still a waste with that turbo but for down the road a great option
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by monies41
does anyone ever read anymore this is directly from their site!!!

"AMS recomends any car looking to run less then 650 Whp should use either the stock Throttle body or a ported stock throttle body. This will ensure your stock Idle Air control motor to remain functonal and drastically improve daily Driveability."

Reno evo is dead on with his comment, but sorry bro you threw 1200 down the ****ter!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dis-agree with both you guys

look @ post #81

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=246348&page=6

AMS shows a great increase of power while making less than 650 whp.....

I cant wait to see how this intake manifold does on a stock-ish style turbo.

my guess is he will see +20 whp when tuned & even more power if he spins it past 7500.

i have seen several other threads that shows the stock int mani hurts power above 7,500 revs.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I'll just have to get it put on and see the result.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
It isn't so much a question of power, or even displacement, but about rpm, and how well (or poorly) everything in the powertrain is able to support mass air flow at rpm. As for the referenced thread, a GT30R equipped setup with a load of supporting hardware isn't exactly representative of a relatively mundane, stock turbo car, so I'd be cautious in drawing comparisons.

Setups that make use of higher rpm stand to benefit more. Setups that cannot stand to benefit less. The pricetag however, remains the same.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I might be completely wrong here, but I think it should help out quite a bit. There's a dyno graph on the AMS forum, Martin's car accually, showing very nice gains on a gt30 based turbo.

Small turbo's pretty much fall off when it comes to top end, I'm thinking the VSR intake mani would help keep the power steady, and keep that to a minimum.

*edit* I posted this before Ted B's post was posted..

Which I didn't even think of, I believe Martin's car is using an AEM EMS, plus a host of other go-fast goodies.. But you still might see nice gains, whether or not it's worth the price is up to you though..

Last edited by Frenchy4g63; Feb 27, 2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Frenchy4g63
Small turbo's pretty much fall off when it comes to top end, I'm thinking the VSR intake mani would help keep the power steady, and keep that to a minimum...
But how much of that drop is due to the manifold, and how much is due to the limitations of the turbo? A manifold cannot make the turbo flow more air, and it is a question of when this becomes the real limiting factor. This is why I express caution in making assumptions that if something works for 'X', then it must work equally well for 'Y'.

I might also toss out that increasing displacement while all else remains equal effectively makes the turbo effectively smaller with respect to rpm - since someone implied that the usefulness of the manifold was somehow connected.

Just FYI
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Well the Green turbo does flow more then the stock turbo. I wouldn't see how it won't be able to produce gains. I'll just try it out.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:05 PM
Account Disabled

Go ahead. Ho ho ho. Let's wait and see. Ho ho ho.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:07 PM
Account Disabled

Please post baseline and post mod dyno sheets. Ho ho ho.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering the same thing about this manifold. Doing some kind of exchange with ported stock units or similar is a pain the *** when it's your only car. Easier to buy something outright if you have the money, and have it in place for the next turbo upgrade. On the DSMs a good SMIM was worth a solid 3+ lbs/min on turbos similar in size to the EVO Green/20gLT at the SAME boost, which is very important for pump gas power, as well as the more obvious high rpm race gas performance. The dyno chart in the other thread shows a very small loss in low end, much less than I got from simply switching from HKS 272s to 280s. Thanks for the link WOT.

Edit> Of course with the testing done at lower boost, and the turbo not maxed out, there is plenty of airflow still available. With the turbo maxed out on race gas I'm not sure the gains will be very impressive.

Last edited by kjewer1; Feb 27, 2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR. Birdie
Ill be testing my AMS VSR with the Green Trubo. I'll see if its possble to hit 400whp+ on 91 octane.

sup smoggy =)
Hi MR. Birdie,

so, did you install yet the AMS VSR? We are waiting for results

Quick Reply: FP EvoGreen + AMS VSR?