Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Hey guys,

I don't think these Ebay 02 housings would have every caught on at all had we not done back to back testing on the dyno of them and found that the good quality one is an actual good improvement on the car. With that said........

We buy these about 20 at a time now, have them shipped in, unbox them, send them back out to have them ceramic coated, pay to ship them back in and rebox for shipping. Not sure what the current pricing is but we sell them ceramic coated for $195. Believe it or not by the time we ship them 3 times and have them ceramic coated the profit margine drops considerably. I think we end up at about 20%, which is not a large margin.

What I am getting at is, we aren't making a killing, we did the testing to put a stamp of approval on this part. IF you order from us you are gauranteed to get the correct one and not have to mess with Ebay or some company that might stick it to you. IF we ended up with the ugly one that doesn't look like it flows well, WE'D send them back and have to handle it.

Just making a simple point. Do what you'd like with it.
It's a great point, and had it been in perspective to begin with, I would have forked out the 200 for not just a quality part, but from a QUALITY vendor.

Question, Mr. Buschur.
Say I would like to buy a o2 housing from you? Does it have to be ceramic coated? And how much better is it to have this service done as oppose to no coating?
I will be getting my refund soon so I will have a chance to redeem myself.
Thanks
-Devin
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:37 PM

mine came like the first one pictured works great
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We don't sell them uncoated. I figure the only reason someone is going to take the time to buy it from us is it is a little different than the Ebay piece. I guess now that isn't so much the case as now the Chinese are ripping off the other Chinese ideas How ironic, huh? haha

I think the coating helps keep the temps down and with the deletion of the heat shields when you install one of these housings it's not a bad way to spend a little money.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was awarded a full refund by paypal today. Here are the Logs... It took about a month from when I filed with paypal
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Freddy302
I was awarded a full refund by paypal today. Here are the Logs... It took about a month from when I filed with paypal
did you ever get anything from ssa? Did they send you an email? They sent me an email asking me for information.

They didn't try to help you out?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
awesome.. I don't know what i'm going to do. I got an email from ss autochrome though.

i got the same email, and they never responded. i left them negative feedback, and they left me negative feedback saying i tried to put the part on the wrong car. retards. anyways everyone should leave them negative feedback about this so people who dont read evom will have some heads up that the seller is shady.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdacko
i got the same email, and they never responded. i left them negative feedback, and they left me negative feedback saying i tried to put the part on the wrong car. retards. anyways everyone should leave them negative feedback about this so people who dont read evom will have some heads up that the seller is shady.
thanks for the info.

I am given them the benefit of the doubt, if they don't respond in 7 days, i will commence the paypal refund.

I already have plans for ppi coated o2 housing regardless
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

im not gonna leave any feedback, they get way too many sales for someone to really see something they plan on buying. plus theyll leave a dumba$$ neg feedback on mine as well. i took the one and only chance with them and it was a risk to begin with. ill buy another o2 on ebay, but i will ask in email what will be sent before hand, and make sure theres not 2 different items on one pic. F ssac
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8UpUrV8
im not gonna leave any feedback, they get way too many sales for someone to really see something they plan on buying. plus theyll leave a dumba$$ neg feedback on mine as well. i took the one and only chance with them and it was a risk to begin with. ill buy another o2 on ebay, but i will ask in email what will be sent before hand, and make sure theres not 2 different items on one pic. F ssac
true dat........

SSAC FTL
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks man. i got the one that looks exactly like the top picture
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ApexVIII
that sucks man. i got the one that looks exactly like the top picture
i'll buy it for a lunchable!
Old Mar 22, 2007, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Got an email from SSA today.

It looks like they are taking care of me. So far other than getting the wrong o2 housing. They are being very professional. Here is the email

>>Ok no problem. At this point I can do a call tag which means that Fedex
can come pick up the item and send it back to us . What would you like
to have happen once its back in our hands .REfund or replacement of the
correct item ? Let me know so I can proceed . thanks

>
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FastAzzEvo
Got an email from SSA today.

It looks like they are taking care of me. So far other than getting the wrong o2 housing. They are being very professional. Here is the email
Nice! Hope it works out. Now let's see how long that process will take.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

so maybe this means they are going to start sendin the real part?
Old Mar 29, 2007, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

I sent my wrong O2 housing back and now i think i'm getting the right Item. I'll let you all know if i get the right one.

Quick Reply: WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome