Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So has anyone tested out the ones with the crappy insides yet? Mine looks like hammered chit, I don't know if I should put it on or not.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I sent mine back. They did a call tag for my unit.

So i'm getting my money refunded.

Then i'm going with a PPI one when I get my 20g
Old Mar 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

has anyone got the bottom o2 bung dump pipe to fit on thier evo 9? I saw a guy with a 8 have it work and another one it hit the A/C piping?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Well i'm finally satisfied....I sent back the wrong O2 housing and after a week of emails....I recieved the right O2 housing (which is beatiful compared to the other one) and to top it off they sent me a FREE downpipe, i don't know if was a mistake or they just wanted to be nice....
Old Apr 7, 2007, 01:27 AM
Account Disabled

Good thing I checked this thread out, ended up getting the megan O2.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

I sent them back the crappy o2 housing I got and they sent me back the one that was pictured, way better than the one I got in a matter of 2 days. Too bad I already got my installs done and tuned, so i'm just gonna wait to get this thing installed.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

quick question. Can you use the OEM O2 housing gasket?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 09:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RickU
quick question. Can you use the OEM O2 housing gasket?
Ended up using the oem gasket on my install. Tuner recommended it since the oem was metal as opposed to the one that came with my megan O2. Works fine for me. No problems as of yet and no exhaust leaks.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

I finally got my refund last week from SSAC, and bought another one off ebay for the same price from the vendor, ETD Motors- got the right one quick, and no bull- so that was good.

Question tho! The "wastegate" outlet on the o2 housing seems like it have a very small opening where it merges into the other outlet. Does anyone have any comments on that?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

SS sucks dick same thing happend to me
Old Dec 26, 2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Clos23
Ended up using the oem gasket on my install. Tuner recommended it since the oem was metal as opposed to the one that came with my megan O2. Works fine for me. No problems as of yet and no exhaust leaks.
I just want to add for reference that you should use the OEM gasket. A friend of mine used the included gasket during the install and about 9 months later started hearing a loud noise from his car (exhaust leak-esque). Turned out the paper gasket just burnt up and there was no longer a solid seal on the O2 housing.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get the Megan O2 housing from Zeus. Only like $15 more with shipping included and they are warrantied for 1 year. I am pretty sure the megan ones are from the same place as the rest of the ebay and similar looking o2 housings but i would assume they might get a little more quality control, i assume anyway.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

but yet people keep shopping on ebay...
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Get the Megan O2 housing from Zeus. Only like $15 more with shipping included and they are warrantied for 1 year. I am pretty sure the megan ones are from the same place as the rest of the ebay and similar looking o2 housings but i would assume they might get a little more quality control, i assume anyway.
MR is one of the best ones. I have a coated one and the only thing that sucks is the hardware and the gasket.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The truth about the O2 housing is this.... Its a money maker for BR and tons of people have terrible boost issues with them. I have a BR unit on my car and hate it. If it wasn't such a PITA to remove I would have done it by now. At higher boost levels its fine but try running it at lower levels and you'll see odd spikes and creep. Its not just me there are threads everywhere stating the same thing. I've tried porting and wastegate manipulations but still have issues. Cars with the O2s aren't turning any better results than those with stock units but most do have more boost spike. If it makes any power at all I would call it intrusive and undesirable as well as hard to tune for. Dyno queens may like it but road racers will hate it.

No back to back same boost test has been done. DB's results were mainly from increased boost he said it himself. He published results saying he has nothing to gain. Then when everyone is convinced he starts selling the darn things. Its a darn joke.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
That darn O2 housing actually works! I cannot believe how much the car picked up. It really opened up the exhaust flow. I have the high boost actuator on the car with the boost controller turned down all the way. Boost has been 21-22 psi peak. Well we threw the EBAY O2 housing on the car and the boost picked up to 22.8 psi.

Below is the dyno graph. It's pretty amazing. This is on PUMP GAS and has been all day! The car gained 13 whp and 12 ft lbs of torque.

This is a part I have absolutely NOTHING to gain by saying it works. I can sell the RNR stuff I can sell the Full Race stuff but I can't sell these! Damn it! haha

Increase from 3900 rpm to 7,000 rpm. The increase in boost is probably most of the cause but I CAN NOT decrease the boost level more than it is.
Alright. I just ordered 10 of those 02 housings. Since they work I am going to stock them.

Won't make crap on them as I have to buy them just like you guys do but atleast I will have them. Some of you don't want to buy from Ebay and I'm not sure if you all noticed but since my postings the prices have increased.

We'll have them instock probably late next week.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
O.K. here is what I am going to do. I ordered 10 of the housings I have on my car. I am going to get them in here and send them out to have them ceramic coated. The material is thin and the ceramic coating will help longevity and engine bay temps. Besides, then you can't get it on Ebay. We'll offer them for $200. They are about $100 now off ebay with shipping, I think.

Quick Reply: WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome