Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES!!!!!!!

I got the crappy one too!

The inside is actually pitiful. The welds on the outside look bad but the inside is terrible. The pictures do not do it justice.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

I won and paid for one on Jan. 10th, got the top pictured one.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
whats the point of this thread? to bash ssautochrome? why not just do the ebay or paypal claim "item significantly not as described" and go on with it? personally, i purchased mine from them and had zero problems with it. beats the hell out of creating a big stink online...
If you look at the auction, it has a picture of BOTH of these o2 housings, so I dont know where your going with that, because they obviously know that, and covered there asses about it, there not stupid.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

The o2 housing that i installed with the bung on the bottom was in good shape. The inside was clean, the welds were good and overall looked like a decent piece to me. The inside of the one I installed Kind of looked ported.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hmoneybagz
The o2 housing that i installed with the bung on the bottom was in good shape. The inside was clean, the welds were good and overall looked like a decent piece to me. The inside of the one I installed Kind of looked ported.
How did the power gain feel? I'd like to see a back-to-back comparison on how much different the power is on these o2 housings.

I have filed a claim with paypal, but KartaRailed pointed out that there IS both housing shown. That sucks... alot. SO I will probably lose the dispute. And when I do I will install the o2 housing and be done with it. I just hope it wasn;t a waste of money...
Old Mar 15, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Another victim here. I got the bottom one.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that bro. But, live & learn.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Freddy302
If you are thinking of getting an 02 housing from ssautochrome right now, cause of there proven performance and cheap price.. Think Again! This is what I got Via Fed ex. I even asked SSAUTOCHROME, Prior to bidding, if I will be getting the Item pictured. COME ON! GET REAL! This is totally out of control! No need to really describe the difference's. The top pic is the Item pictured on Ebay, with the 02 bung up top and two tubes welded an meshed together nicely... and the bottom pic is something found in a scrap metal yard, fell off the truck 4 times, was rewelded by someone with some kind of physical disability and was boxed up and shipped to me with a smile. WTF..

No offense-but what do you expect?

Stick with reputable vendors in the future.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
jp@shearerfab

Well I am pretty new to this board, but if you have a rating of 98 plus % on Ebay and everyone on this board is saying it makes the most power and it as at a great price, Who are you suppose to buy from?? No body and crawl in hole?Come on get real!

Last edited by Freddy302; Mar 15, 2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
KartaRailed

Not sure if you looked at my earlier post of the email from SSAUTO (#48). I asked him specficially about the different pics. And he gave me a TOTAL BS ANSWER. What is up with that!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:02 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Freddy302
If you are thinking of getting an 02 housing from ssautochrome right now, cause of there proven performance and cheap price.. Think Again! This is what I got Via Fed ex. I even asked SSAUTOCHROME, Prior to bidding, if I will be getting the Item pictured. COME ON! GET REAL! This is totally out of control! No need to really describe the difference's. The top pic is the Item pictured on Ebay, with the 02 bung up top and two tubes welded an meshed together nicely... and the bottom pic is something found in a scrap metal yard, fell off the truck 4 times, was rewelded by someone with some kind of physical disability and was boxed up and shipped to me with a smile. WTF..

wow ur my savior i was just about to buy it from ssautochrome but seeing this totally changed my mind...wtf!!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so can anyone confirm if the crap looking o2 housing has been the culprit behind boost creep issues I have heard from various members on here?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jp@shearerfab
No offense-but what do you expect?

Stick with reputable vendors in the future.
Correct me if I'm wrong but.. Don't most vendors who sell an SS o2 Housing just resell an eBay one?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

thats ebay for ya!!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 8UpUrV8
Correct me if I'm wrong but.. Don't most vendors who sell an SS o2 Housing just resell an eBay one?
Have you asked the Vendors this-or have they come out and publicly stated as such?

Quick Reply: WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome