Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my o2 housing came out nice, looked nice, no boost creep issues!!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Whats wrong with it?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jp@shearerfab
Have you asked the Vendors this-or have they come out and publicly stated as such?
No. Just under the impression since pics look exactly the same. Like I said, correct me if i'm wrong.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 8UpUrV8
No. Just under the impression since pics look exactly the same. Like I said, correct me if i'm wrong.

No, I don’t need to correct anything-I am just saying it is wrong to assume things, no matter how similar something looks.

Even IF they did modify and resell them- if THEY have not come out and stated as such, you, nor anyone else here as the right to ASSUME anything about their products.

That is all

JP
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty sure that vendor's have said they buy the housings on ebay and the coat them or badge them etc.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AAQ:US:1<br />
Here is the link to my listing that I one.

You can see two different housings.

I received the bottom pictured one with the bung on bottom. Just like the stock piece.

However, the stock piece the bung is welded at a angle so it clears the A/C line. I think with the bung on the top side you will have problems with your heat shield. I plan on retrofitting mine to fit back on.

I will take pictures of my piece and have already emailed ss autochrome requesting a shipping label to send back the piece.

here is the email

SS Autochrome,

I was the winning biddre for an Evo dump pipe (o2 housing). I received a different one than what was pictured. On your listing you have to pictures of two different dump pipes. I have attached both pictures. I have received the o2 housing with the sensor bung on the bottom or rather attached image o2housing2.jpg. I believe that this will cause my o2 sensor to rub/touch/damage my AC line or at least it has for other evo owners I know.

Please advise on which one on this listing is actually for the Evo and which one I was supposed to receive.

If I received the wrong housing. I need to know how I can get a shipping label to send this back and get the correct housing.

ITEM # 150100405726
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:B:AAQ:US:1

Thanks,

On their site the do not have a listed number. I will fax them this email also.

I don't mind having the bung on the bottom or top. I just want to ensure mine fits. Mine however does not look like freddy's...... It looks nice, but just dont' wanna have install problems, and I am needing the right piece because I need to send it off to get Jet-Hot or Swaintech coated.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Freddy302
If you are thinking of getting an 02 housing from ssautochrome right now, cause of there proven performance and cheap price.. Think Again! This is what I got Via Fed ex. I even asked SSAUTOCHROME, Prior to bidding, if I will be getting the Item pictured. COME ON! GET REAL! This is totally out of control! No need to really describe the difference's. The top pic is the Item pictured on Ebay, with the 02 bung up top and two tubes welded an meshed together nicely... and the bottom pic is something found in a scrap metal yard, fell off the truck 4 times, was rewelded by someone with some kind of physical disability and was boxed up and shipped to me with a smile. WTF..

Oh man - that is nuts
Old Mar 15, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

an update on my situation: after a couple angry emails back and forth with SSAC they have agreed to exchange the item I got for the correct item, so I have shipped it back to them (at their expense, they set up a FEDEX call tag) and I just wrote them back including pics and all my info- I will post an update once again when I see what they send me back... FYI I have had to handle all of this thru email and it has taken me 2 weeks so far and I still have to wait for them to send me back the (hopefully) correct item- I requested their phone number to speak with an actual human being but they refused to give it to me... just keeping my fingers crossed I get the right peice
Old Mar 15, 2007, 02:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
an update on my situation: after a couple angry emails back and forth with SSAC they have agreed to exchange the item I got for the correct item, so I have shipped it back to them (at their expense, they set up a FEDEX call tag) and I just wrote them back including pics and all my info- I will post an update once again when I see what they send me back... FYI I have had to handle all of this thru email and it has taken me 2 weeks so far and I still have to wait for them to send me back the (hopefully) correct item- I requested their phone number to speak with an actual human being but they refused to give it to me... just keeping my fingers crossed I get the right peice
Good job.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Same here. I emailed them and only took 3 days to solve everything...well kinda since i wanted the right item...but i guess i'm getting a refund...Anyways do they still carry the right item? this is what i got.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Guys, the answer to this is very simple and I'm surprised someone didn't mention it.

SSauto has changed suppliers for this part. They went to a CHEAPER supplier who copied the invidia unit... badly.

This has nothing to with a simple mistake on their part, they switched suppliers and you got screwed so they could make a couple of extra bucks.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by s2kguy
Guys, the answer to this is very simple and I'm surprised someone didn't mention it.

SSauto has changed suppliers for this part. They went to a CHEAPER supplier who copied the invidia unit... badly.

This has nothing to with a simple mistake on their part, they switched suppliers and you got screwed so they could make a couple of extra bucks.
where is your proof? Or are you just suggesting this?

Most of our units are good, its just Freddy's is not nice looking.

I'll take pics of mine. It looks really good.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

I just sent them an email. Let's see if they exchange mine.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03
hrm.....everyone is going to say you get what u pay for....but...i have no real comments...
I agree...
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
Can you post the email where they are agreeing to exchange your unit? I can use that with my paypal claim agaisnt them. If they've done it for one person, it's proof they f**ked up

Quick Reply: WARNING- Ebay O2 housing from ssautochrome