Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

So just got my heart broken on dyno

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's see the dyno sheet!
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I hate to say it but with the new features such as ecuflash being out and all of the great logging software the XEDE's and ECU+'s of the world are kind of useless.
I wouldn't exactly call the XEDE useless. It can adjust timing in tenths of a degree, whereas the stock ECU can only adjust timing in 1 degree increments. I also love how we have already come to the conclusion that it's the piggyback unit, when there could be so many other issues or reasons for the numbers.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
your tune has to be way off...i had pretty much the same mods as you(less actually) and i made 365 on a dynapack...who tuned your car and what boost level are you at?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I hate to say it but with the new features such as ecuflash being out and all of the great logging software the XEDE's and ECU+'s of the world are kind of useless.
+1 i run an xede... and was thinking the same thing!!!! its pointless plus as i think we see here there preset flashes arnt worth a ****
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by matyb
+1 i run an xede... and was thinking the same thing!!!! its pointless plus as i think we see here there preset flashes arnt worth a ****
..... The Xede has plenty of advantages.. A flash is one thing.. You sure you are running the correct map? You sure you cam gears are at its correct setting? How do you know its the Xede? Get a custom tune cause it sounds like you don't have one.. And don't be so quick to jump the gun.. Any boost leaks?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

yeah test for leaks because that might be robbing you of some power. just make sure everything looks normal. if not, then go for a custom tune. good luck!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

In sig ----> SSAC Turbo Manifold(best bang for the buck)

NOT best bang for the buck, hate to say it. Also I would check and make sure its not cracked, because that will seriously rob you of power. Feel around it when the car is running, if you feel air your in trouble.

I would also suggest a retune if thats not it.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

PM KevinD, he can fix you up with an awesome custom tune, he is right here in the area as well.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Recks
..... The Xede has plenty of advantages.. A flash is one thing.. You sure you are running the correct map? You sure you cam gears are at its correct setting? How do you know its the Xede? Get a custom tune cause it sounds like you don't have one.. And don't be so quick to jump the gun.. Any boost leaks?
Sure the Xede has it's advantages, but in reality, Verrrrrrrrrrry few people know how to tune them and the off the shelf maps don't always apply to certain applications.

To the average Evo guy with customized engine work the Xede is a paperweight; It's too hard to get it tuned or serviced by the 3 guys in the country that tune them REGULARLY.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I've got to think there was something going on to make those numbers. Seems a little premature to blame the exede.

What was your boost level, AFR's, ignition timing?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaylenospoolboy
Sure the Xede has it's advantages, but in reality, Verrrrrrrrrrry few people know how to tune them and the off the shelf maps don't always apply to certain applications.

To the average Evo guy with customized engine work the Xede is a paperweight; It's too hard to get it tuned or serviced by the 3 guys in the country that tune them REGULARLY.
FWIW, tuning an Xede is easier and much faster than ECU Flash. I know, I use both.

Anyway, that doesn't resolve the present issue (assuming there is one). Where that is concerned, the tuning is the first thing I would consider.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
FWIW, tuning an Xede is easier and much faster than ECU Flash. I know, I use both.

Anyway, that doesn't resolve the present issue (assuming there is one). Where that is concerned, the tuning is the first thing I would consider.

I'm not saying the Xede isn't a good product. It's a Betamax in a world of VHS and support is hard to come by if you don't want to experiment by tuning it yourself.

We know you can tune it, but most others don't want to take the risk.

So yeah, I agree with you about the tune, but another tuning vehicle like an ECU flash, AEM, etc.. for tuning might be in order for him because he's in Texas, about 1500 -2000 miles from the 3 experts. And guys are setting track records with SAFC's and lots of shops can tune those... .

Bottom line is he should probably use a tuning method that is convenient.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaylenospoolboy
I'm not saying the Xede isn't a good product. It's a Betamax in a world of VHS . . .
When its demonstrated how to implement lean-run protection (full-time wideband O2 monitoring), full-time ignition timing and fuel optimization, 0.1 degree ignition resolution, methanol injection control, 2 switchable maps, and real-time cell highlighting from using only the factory ECU, I'll agree.

Let's not get sidetracked here.

If tuning IS an issue here (and we don't know that it is), what one would do is retune with ECU Flash (Xede fuel and ignition settings at '0'), and then use the Xede's better resolution to tweak those settings. As for what's required to do this, anyone who's seen the Xede user interface knows it just doesn't get easier or more user-friendly.

The first thing this individual should do is find a Dynojet and someone who can retune his car. That will be more revealing than 100 posts worth of speculation.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
The first thing this individual should do is find a Dynojet and someone who can retune his car....
Therein lies the rub. Even though you say it's easy, most tuners don't like to touch an Xede AND they don't like having to rely on Vishnu for support.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Am I the only one that wants to see a dyno sheet?